PDA

View Full Version : Help me “Build In” my TV

Holclo
04-08-2010, 12:26 PM
3719Help me “Build In” my TV

I have just today purchased a Sharp 32” LED TV to use as my front view. Connected via a DVI to HDMI cable. As you can see in the photo I have a generic set up (due to space and £ constrictions!!) and at the moment have just plonked the TV on the top shelf.
Now, using MDF, I would like to “build it in”. What I would like is some ideas on how I should approach this. I could simply build a rectangular box, paint it Boeing gray with a hole cut out for the screen, or maybe slope it down at either side.
I could also remove the TV from the shelf and wall mount it giving me a few more inches to play with and also to help with viewing distance. Feel I am too close where it is now.
The shelf measures approx 47” (119cm) by 12”(30cm)
I know there are many innovative members here so I am just throwing this out there to see what comes up.
Looking forward to your ideas. In case it is useful I fly the PMDG 737-800 virtually 100% of my simming.
Thanks in advance.

Bill

No Longer Active
04-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Maybe add 2 smaller lcd monitors either side and rotate them so It looks like that you have a left and right view which would stretch your visual across the entire width of your generic sim, curve the monitors so the the left and right are angled and the tv is straight.

Alex

Holclo
04-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Alex,
Thanks for your reply and suggestions but I do not wish to add extra monitors or TH2Go I was just thinking of making it look a little less bare around the outside view.
Bill

flatlandpilot
04-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Maby you can place youre monitor a few inches futher away and one inch lower.
then I would start closing in the pit with a roof and side-walls.

the submersion is what counts I think
being visiual "disconnected" from the room where you are in is a big one.
(and a cheap one, you can start with a black curtain )