PDA

View Full Version : 767-300 update 9 "Overhead Panel"

Drewsta
04-15-2010, 03:41 AM
Hi guys, I have started work on my overhead panel for the 767. I haven't the money or time to recreate the real overhead at the moment so I decided to go with a cheap alternative. I simply printed out each panel of the over head with my canon mx320 printer and glued them on to 6mm MDF. That way all the writing and panel detail is already there and all I need to do is add the hardware. I bought some great Led pushbuttons off ebay and although they are not the same size as a korry, they do an ok job.

First I drilled the holes out roughly in the middle of the appropriate button with a 12mm drill.

Next was to make round hole into a square one. The square holes needed to be about 17mm, so using a jigsaw I carefully cut out each one. It was time consuming but I achieved the desired result.

You can see here the holes do fit neatly inside where the real switch would be. I then inserted all the pushbuttons. I now have to drill holes for the rotary switches and fit them in the near future.

Its a cheap solution for an overhead and one I think a few sim builders use when starting out. Push the button in and the red Led comes on, push the button again the led goes out. I will post some more pics in the future when I have the leds hooked up.

Happy flying
Drewsta

vybhav
04-15-2010, 04:05 AM
Thanks for sharing this looks great and looking forward to more updates from you.

Tony Hill
04-15-2010, 04:58 AM
Great job. So often you can waste a lot of time and money getting the "small" details in before the sim is even flyable (I am VERY guilty of this) Nice simple solutions like this work wonders. Keep it up, looking forward to watching your build.

Darryl

davek
04-15-2010, 05:29 AM
Nice job Drewsta, r u going to hook it up to the sim as well?

Have you got a link to the push buttons?

cheers

Dave