PDA

View Full Version : Flight Illusion 737 Flaps Gauge

davemckee
04-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Please help f you can. I recently purchased an additional F.I. flaps gauge to go with my other F.I. gauges ( attitude, I.A.S., digital altimeter) my problem is the flaps gauge is recognized as a large single needle gauge, and of course that's what the I.A.S. is, so the flaps gauge wants to act as a airspeed gauge instead of a flaps gauge. I hooked up the flaps gauge by itself but still it won't work right. I tried assigning a new I.D. to it but the program will NOT accept it. What am I doing wrong? For those who have already installed yours I could realy use some help. As always THANKS. Dave

pylet
04-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Mine comes up as a small gauge;single needle assigned to surfaces with a function of flap indicator. The plate type is 013: surfaces; flap indicator bpeing 737. The description is Flaps indicator Left= Offset 1, Right= Offset 2. 0=Flaps retracted, 16383=100% (max flap angle). Make sure you have the current software. Other than that I'm not sure what may be wrong.

I hope it works out for you. Good luck.

davemckee
04-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Now it works as a flaps gauge, however, if I chosoe flaps 40 it shows flaps 20 on the gauge, flaps 5 shows flaps 1, at least it is acting as a flaps gauge and not the larger I.A.S. gauge. Thanks for your help. Dave

pylet
05-01-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm glad it is finally working somewhat for you now. You might have to calibrate the gauge now and that can be done inside the gauge software. Good luck.

abrinson
05-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Are there any cheaper alternitaves to this product, because I saw a link on one website and I can't find the link, or website?

Thanks in advance
Alex