PDA

View Full Version : FSX Runway issues

richard hutchinson
05-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Hi all

Anyone found in FSX that the runways and lighting tend to appear only when you are almost on top of them?

Additionally, anyone find the ILS is not lined up with some runways?

Any suggestions as to how to fix these issues welcome!

Another great product from Micro$haft, lol

Regards
Richard

388TH_A
05-14-2010, 02:31 PM
I havent yet seen this at all

Trevor

caKus
05-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi,

Regarding the ILS issue, it happens in the real world that the ILS are not lined with the runway. Well known exemples are LFMN (Nice, in France), LGLS (Sion, in Switzeland) and VHHH (the old airport of Honk Kong). And it is the same in FS ! In these airports, you can do an ILS approach, but your must do a visual landing.

Regards,

Patrick.

drum4no1
05-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Are you running any add on scenery or airports??

737NUT
05-14-2010, 05:09 PM
The lights issue i can confirm, taxi lights are non existent till you land.

richard hutchinson
05-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Are you running any add on scenery or airports??

No addon scenery. It is the landing lights AND the runway that appear when you are almst on top of the runway. From a couple of miles out the runway is just a slightly darker smudge. Once you are almost on top of the runway area, it appears, as do the lights.

I have been told that no such issues appear in FS9 so it must be FSX related somehow.

Regards
Richard

ddoth
05-15-2010, 11:24 AM
It isn't possible that its a texture rendering problem ?
Used to get it before I upgraded the computer - wouldn't be clear at all until a couple of miles out.

The ILS there are also a couple that seem hard to get aligned - only with certain aircraft though

richard hutchinson
05-15-2010, 12:37 PM
The PC that runs FSX is a high-end quad core with a £140 Nvidia graphics card so it should be okay. I have been told by several that this is an issue in FSX. In FS9, the runway and airport can be clearly seen for miles, whereas in FSX, it is a few hundred yards.

Thanks for the reply though.

drum4no1
05-15-2010, 12:46 PM
I would believe its a texture loading issue. Although mine isnt as pronounced as yours. Usually it happens about 5 miles out for me, which makes visual approaches tricky. Its more prevelant on add on scenery. I believe there may be a tweak for the CFG file which may affect texture loading.

Boeing 747 Flyer
05-15-2010, 01:06 PM
I have one possible fix:

Try increase the Level of Deatil radius to maximum in the FSX settings tab. Failing that, manually go into the FSX.cfg and increase the "LOD_Radius=X" setting to a higher value.

richard hutchinson
05-15-2010, 04:52 PM
I have one possible fix:

Try increase the Level of Deatil radius to maximum in the FSX settings tab. Failing that, manually go into the FSX.cfg and increase the "LOD_Radius=X" setting to a higher value.

Thank you. Am airborne now to Dublin to test the new setting. Thanks for the reply and help!