PDA

View Full Version : c-130j cockpit or cockpit help in general

silentscope
07-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Hey all,
I'm new to the community and seen some of the amazing home cockpits. I am now inspired to try and build one of my own, I would like to know how and where should I start and how much will it cost, a good flight sim, and computer to run it on. I'M in need of 911 help from the ground up. Please all ideas welcome.

abrinson
07-19-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm sure it would cost a whole lot to get all the gauges just by itself, but if I may, I'd recomend the Captain Sim C-130. I think it really good , and there are many reviews on it. I'd get it from Just Flight if you want to save a few bucks on it. All I know about how much it would cost, but I'm gonna guess alot. There was a website that you could get aircraft parts, but I can't remeber the name of the site. You could always check the Mohave Desert ;) . Hope it helps

Alex

silentscope
07-19-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm sure it would cost a whole lot to get all the gauges just by itself, but if I may, I'd recomend the Captain Sim C-130. I think it really good , and there are many reviews on it. I'd get it from Just Flight if you want to save a few bucks on it. All I know about how much it would cost, but I'm gonna guess alot. There was a website that you could get aircraft parts, but I can't remeber the name of the site. You could always check the Mohave Desert ;) . Hope it helps

Alex

thank you for the info do you recommend any cheaper models

abrinson
07-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Try Fry's because they have it for about 30 bucks. I am going with the Boeing 737 since there are more choices and lower prices since it is more common, but I guess you could make a C-130J setup.

Alex

blueskydriver
07-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Welcome to MYC!

John

Mike.Powell
07-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Hey all,
I'm new to the community and seen some of the amazing home cockpits. I am now inspired to try and build one of my own, I would like to know how and where should I start and how much will it cost, a good flight sim, and computer to run it on. I'M in need of 911 help from the ground up. Please all ideas welcome.

Welcome!

The way to start is to research. I wrote some thoughts here: http://www.mikesflightdeck.com/getting_started.htm It's a little dated, but does have some links to other resources.