PDA

View Full Version : TWO YOKES ON ONE SYSTEM?

manhattan
07-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi Folks.

I have bought two Saitek yokes for my cockpit and I either want to connect them together, or use some sort of switching system so that I can switch from pilot to co-pilot? I have built a switch box which switches usb from one yoke to the other, but every time I throw the switch, screens go blank and the PC re-starts!!
Is there a switch-over box that I could buy that would safely switch from one yoke to the other? Ideally, I would like to have them both active at the same time, but I think that 'assignments' might get a bit confused?

Has anyone managed this?

Thanks.

TONY - Devon.

Shawn
07-20-2010, 12:42 PM
If you assign and calibrate the yokes through FSUIPC you will be able to use them both at the same time, sort of... FSUIPC will read the yoke that is registering the greatest input.

Sean Nixon
07-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Agreed. It will work as Shawn says if configured through FSUIPC.

manhattan
07-21-2010, 02:17 AM
Agreed. It will work as Shawn says if configured through FSUIPC.

Sounds interesting. Just learning FSUIPC! Do I just plug the yokes into a usb hub, and look for them in FSUIPC? Is assigning them straight forward? Could you elaborate on what to do?

Thanks.

Kennair
07-21-2010, 02:51 AM
Sounds interesting. Just learning FSUIPC! Do I just plug the yokes into a usb hub, and look for them in FSUIPC? Is assigning them straight forward? Could you elaborate on what to do?

Thanks.

Yep that's all you do. Windows will see the two yokes as different devices and so will FSUIPC. Go to the Axis Assignemt section in FSUIPC and you'll notice when you move one of the yokes it will reocognise the movement and show a unique joystick number in a little window. Press the RESET button and move an axis on the other yoke and it will recognise that one but you'll notice a different joystick number associated with it. You can then independantly assign axis and buttons for each yoke to your hearts content. Please remember to read the manual thoroughly as its all in there, but feel free to ask for clarification if its all too much :)

Ken.

manhattan
07-21-2010, 03:51 AM
Yep that's all you do. Windows will see the two yokes as different devices and so will FSUIPC. Go to the Axis Assignemt section in FSUIPC and you'll notice when you move one of the yokes it will reocognise the movement and show a unique joystick number in a little window. Press the RESET button and move an axis on the other yoke and it will recognise that one but you'll notice a different joystick number associated with it. You can then independantly assign axis and buttons for each yoke to your hearts content. Please remember to read the manual thoroughly as its all in there, but feel free to ask for clarification if its all too much :)

Ken.

Thanks Ken..................I'm going in..........NOW!!!