PDA

View Full Version : Beech Baron Engine gauges?

Jordan Farmer
09-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Hey there guys, ive been trawling the internet looking for standalone gauges designed around a beech baron 58. i am using PM's GAIFR software at the moment, and i love it, i just dont like the engine gauges available, as there isnt any beech style engine gauges included, and i wanted to know if anybody here knows of any that are out there? im not looking for cheap and nasty things but anything will do for now! And i dont mean simkits style either, i cant afford over £1000 just for engine gauges!

Hope you guys can help, cheers,

Jordan C

KenK
09-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Hi Devonpilot:

I have built a 2 seat generic C441. Also had the same problem finding inexpensive gauges that looked good.

What I did was use three 19" displays for the main panel. I then used FS Panel Studio to create the panels (with gauges) I needed .

When the screen layouts looked good I cut holes in a piece of 2mm artist board to match the panel displayed on the screens.

Then I painted the panels blue. When that was done I got some round plastic plumbing pipe and painted it black to use as bezels.

When all was dry I glued the Bezels to the Blue panels and mounted everything on the display screens.

Panel Studio was very easy to use and a LOT cheaper than buying mechanical gauges.

An added bonus was being able to change from turbo prop to jet by changing panels.

See Attached for details
Regards Ken K