PDA

View Full Version : From North Carolina

gstelmack
10-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Hi all. Found this site through various web searches. I'm a long-time flight-sim pilot that had to take a break for a few years due to young children, and am now getting back in as they get older (and maybe introducing them to the hobby). I'm primarily a combat sim pilot, and have just returned to Aces High (used to be big into Air Warrior in my college days 15+ years ago). I'm generally happy with my CH HOTAS at home, but will soon be redoing my den and looking to customize my workstation area in there for flight-simming. I'm not going to build a full cockpit, but I'll certainly be looking at building in spots for controls.

While I'm happy in general with the CH gear, I'm also thinking about custom-building or modifying the HOTAS to get higher precision or more likely maybe something custom for functions I don't have, maybe trim wheels (very useful in a WWII sim like Aces High) and some custom button layouts. Would love a throttle with a nice detent in it for controlling WEP, for example. Not sure yet, since I don't have access to a machine shop or anything, but I'm looking at options, things that are available pre-built, what I might tinker with, etc.

Mike.Powell
10-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Welcome to MyCockpit.

Ronson2k9
10-08-2010, 01:52 AM
Glad your getting back in saddle. You may want to check this out..

Saitek X65-F (http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x65f.html)

Welcome to Mycockpit. There are a few combat sims here. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Cheers
Ron