PDA

View Full Version : DCMotor- and StepperMotor-software problem

frazer
11-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm having a really strange problem with the OC DCMotor- and StepperMotor-software that is supplied by OC. Like any other question, I don't get any answers in their forum, so I'm holding my thumbs that someone here might have any idea about the problem.

I have one DCmotor-card and one StepperMotor-card, both USB, from OC installed on the computer I'm running SIOC on. When running these via the extra application that is supplied (not directly in sioc main program), the motors run fine and I can do all the necessary settings that is not available when just running directly in SIOC.
The problem is that all the motors, both steppers and dc, stops moving (freezes) after a random time (somewhere between 1 and 30 minutes). If i restart the application, the motors starts again. If I run these motors directly in SIOC main program, this doesn't happen, but then I cant feed negative numbers for the steppers for example.

Any ideas? I could probably run everything via the SIOC main program if I could get the steppers to go below 0 degrees (now they start going up again if I set them to a value below 0).

Thanks!

Schraddel
11-16-2010, 07:46 AM
Hello Frazer,

what "extra application" do you mean ? I run my motors directly through SIOC and they work fine (now)

But now some quick thoughts to your problem..

- be sure your motors don't use more than 1 Ampere each. That will stop the card !
- I am not perfect in programming SIOC but maybe it will help to set the negative value by " * -1 " ? or will this just change the direction.

Cheers, Kai

frazer
11-16-2010, 07:52 AM
what "extra application" do you mean ? I run my motors directly through SIOC and they work fine (now)

I mean this application: http://www.andare-ing.com/uploads/IOCstepper_02.zip
It's a separate IOCP-client that works like a bridge between the USB-card and SIOC via the IOCP-protocol. It has more settings for each motor than SIOC itself.

- be sure your motors don't use more than 1 Ampere each. That will stop the card !
- I am not perfect in programming SIOC but maybe it will help to set the negative value by " * -1 " ? or will this just change the direction.

I will check the ampere, thanks for that tip.

About the negative values, I do like you say, but the stepper motor will just turn and start going clockwise again with values below 0. This is not the case when using the separate software linked to above.

frazer
11-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Thanks for your reply!

Here's the application I was talking about:
http://www.andare-ing.com/uploads/IOCstepper_02.zip

i

On the ampere-subject, wouldn't the card stop working when running it directly through SIOC then?

It's when I do negative values, like you suggest, that the motor goes clock-wise again, with values below 0. So first the motor goes CCW when the value decreases, but when the values goes below 0, the motor starts to go CW again instead of continuing CCW as when using the "other" application liked to above.