PDA

View Full Version : Sharing touchscreen setups

eisenmpferd
11-16-2010, 05:09 AM
Hi there,

OK, I´m now starting this thread for everyone who is using or will use touchscreens for the instruments.

I´m using two 800x600 12" touchscreens. For this I changed the panel.cfg`s and some textures for

Aeroworx B200

Flight1 Meridian

Feel free to post your configs and pictures. Perhaps we can share some files.

Greetings from Germany (EDKB)

peterthisted
11-16-2010, 05:39 AM
I like the idea of Touchscreen in a "desktop" cockpit because if gives a more realistic feeling compared to mousing.
So I have bought a 22" screen to hold all instruments in one go.
I started out with FSX and default instruments moved to this screen, but for other reasons I changed to X-Plane in the middle of that process. A reason for that was also, that Windows do not agree with me, and all my normal work is on the Mac platform.
X-plane makes it a lot easier to make a panel and talk with another computer by the use of the default Planemaker.
However I wanted even more control, and started a RealBasic project for the Touchscreen. The enclosed show an early state of the panel. All except the Map is my own and I use a free program called XHSI on top for that.

One problem exists still, because there are no OS X Touch part driver for my screen (viewing is fine though). Hope to solve that, but if not I could go "Windows" on the computer that shows the panel (RealBasic is multiplatform)

To Sum up, my approach is now RealBasic programming and I am wondering if there are others doing the same ?
Maybe I should add that I have solved the problem of reading X-plane data using UDP protocol and are able to send key strokes back to X-Plane the same way. In the end very simple and a few code lines, but took some time to figure out :shock:

Re Peter

eisenmpferd
04-27-2011, 06:54 AM
I`ve build my panel-mods for the B200.

See the b200 forum
http://sdmaus.com/kingair/index.php/topic,396.0.html

The files for the Digital-Aviation DO27 fs2004 mods are there in a first version.
I changed 3 .xml gauge-files to be used by left clicks.

The pictire is bad, but good enough to see what it looks like.

If you find interrest in it please make a comment.

regards /Hendrik/