PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Germany

Mike Monroe
11-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Hey Guys and maybe gals,

I just found this site only recently, mostly because of looking for information on collimated images.

And, WOW, what a hit! ()

So, I am into that stuff quite theoretically - but for a long time - just couldn't afford the hardware. Currently I got back into flight simulation on a PC:
Flight Gear, MSFS 2004 and now MSFS X and DCS Black Shark - because I grew up with helicopters, what a pity there is no decent simulation for a HUEY UH1.

No pit yet, just using Saitek™ X52 PRO and Saitek™ pedals, as well as
Natural Point™ TrackIR 5

So currently I will be reading a lot here, I hope I can contribute as well, some day.

I used to teach illustration, photorealistic painting and airbrush design and a bit of
3-D Design (mainly stills back then but using blender I found an affordable platform for animation as well). As a construction technician I worked with Glassfibre and resin as well as PVC, PPH, and steel tubes and piping in public pools and spas.

Other than that, I used to also tend bars and shake cocktails for 16 years and during that time grew to be a full fledged magician, but now have a daytime job working for the IT-Departement of a large electronics retailer operating worldwide.

So, glad to be here and get to know everything and everyone soon.

Any questions, just ask away.

Cheers!:wink:
Mike

Bernie
11-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Forum, I am also new here and have already found a great deal of experienced and friendly members that are always glad to be of assistance from what I have read in the vast number of threads. Looking at your history, I guess you will also have abundance of valuable knowledge to share also.

Kind Regards

Bernie.