PDA

View Full Version : Leo's cards and availability

Dimitris Spritos
01-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Hello All! This is my first post here. I am trying to simulate as real as it gets the real flight procedures.
The meat now, I have notice that Leo have some great stuff and i would like to buy some cards from him and specially the BU0836X. Does anyone of you know if he is still selling his cards ? His website is really outdated from 2009. Also maybe do you know an other way to get on-off-of switches to USB connection so the PC can identify them as a game controller. I have try to modify my old Joystick with on-off switches (i do not know how to connect on-off-on) but the switch need to go (for example to open and close lights) on then off and then again on.

Hope that someone have to suggest me a USB card to connect both SPST (on-off) and SPDT (on-off-on) and also 160 degrees knobs.

ANDYSMITH
01-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Hi there,

Leo's x cards will do all you need even rotary encoders. You can't go wrong there. I have seven running.

Andy

Joe Lavery
01-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Hi there Dimitris,

Andy is correct the BU0836X is a brilliant card and easy to setup. For example in your on-off-on switch scenario, you simply connect the switch to two of the connections on the card and use FSUIPC to assign the functions you need to control. From then on when you throw the switch FSUIPC passes the relevant information to Flight Sim. Easy.... :)

If you want even more information visit our friend Ian Sissions site, he explains it in much more detail with lots of images and examples.
http://www.737ng.co.uk/technical.htm

Joe

ian@737ng.co.uk
01-27-2011, 09:27 PM
kalimera dimitris..........
anything you need to know about connecting to the BU0836X, just ask and i'll be delighted to help out.
regards

ian

flyinjake
01-27-2011, 10:51 PM
ian,
get ready for the questions because i will be ordering at least two in the near future. thinking out some final details on what i want out of a simpit.

Robert

Dimitris Spritos
01-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Good Day Every One! (Kalimera in greek :D )

Thank you all for your replies and I much appreciate your help. Now the final question are the cards still available ? I have try to contact Leo directly but no respond so if anyone have bought a card and he have receive it recently just drop a post here ;)

737NUT
01-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Works great, just don't expect fast response via email or delivery unless you live in the UK. Great product, i would like more, poor customer service

ANDYSMITH
01-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi,
My take on Leo's support is that support is only needed when things don't work. Leo's cards always work, every time, just as advertised... no support required.
Now we all have questions but that is the purpose of forums like this one where many people are willing to share answers to anything.

Andy