PDA

View Full Version : Gear LED's

Clive
04-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi
I just wired into the CP Flight MIPBOARD LED's for the 737 gear ... they work fine but are very dim .... I added a seperate power supply to the board but there was no improvement .... has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Clive

SAS541
04-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi
I just wired into the CP Flight MIPBOARD LED's for the 737 gear ... they work fine but are very dim .... I added a seperate power supply to the board but there was no improvement .... has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Clive

You will need high intensity LED's for the MIP board. I bought mine from Germany (LED1.DE) after having bought some here in Sweden and being disappointed when i tested them through the CPFlight software.

Clive
04-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks the LED's I used were of unknown orgin so I will take yur advice.

fordgt40
04-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Clive

After many failures and boxes of unacceptable leds, my advice is to use 5mm flat top leds. The normal high intensity ones are brighter but have a limited field of view, often around 20deg, resulting in a cone of bright light in the middle of the annunciator. Flat top ones have around 90-120 deg and give a better spread, provided that they are also high intensity.

David

SAS541
04-08-2011, 03:38 AM
Clive,

David's advice is very good. I had already wired a lot of my LED's, when i burnt out some of them, so had to buy more. I chose to buy the same as i already had, but otherwise i would have bought the flat top ones. Look for something with an MCD in the thousands, rather than an MCD in the hundreds.

I would lay money on the LED's you already have being 400 MCD or something similar. I think my green LED's that i bought are 6,000-7,000 MCD.

Regards
Ben

Clive
04-09-2011, 02:38 AM
Thanks for that advice I will let you guys know how I get on!

Clive