PDA

View Full Version : Where to start? Start with SimSamurai.net!

NigelD
04-16-2011, 05:39 AM
SimSamurai.net - I recently came across a guy called Jeff on youtube. He has built a very nice cockpit and is a very knowledgeable chap. I have had a good look through his website and one of the things he sells is a manual for FS users.

It's called the Ultimate Guide to Advanced Flight Simulation (or UGTAFS). I bought a copy and I have to say - it's bloody good! Aimed at the FS user more than the cockpit builder, it contains a huge amount of useful information covering many aspects of flight sim, flying online, hardware, software, building - it's all in here. I guess it's really about getting the most out of your flight sim experience with the equipment you have. I cannot recommend it highly enough!

I think he posts on this forum occasionally but he really deserves a mention and a medal for his input. This is not a commercial advert by the way, just a testimonial from a very satisfied customer.

Jeff also builds cockpits and sells blueprints etc for his own designs. They are a very good basis to get you started - go and take a look. You will be glad you did.

Nigel.

rowlanda
07-20-2011, 12:38 PM
I agree - just finished building his AX-1 cockpit design and I'm very pleased. It's a generic two seat cockpit with three full size and one touch screen for gauges, and 13 GoFlight controls. For me this is a good compromise between flexibility, cost, time to build and most importantly, fun! It doesn't match -any- cockpit exactly, but it is a very nice immersion step-up from a CH yoke clamped to a table top with three monitors sitting on stands, which was my former setup.

Anyway - I echo the comments here, Jeff has a lot of useful info on his website and if his approach appeals to you, it will help you a lot.

Best,
Rowland

Qantas747
09-15-2011, 04:57 AM
I would love it if they did actual cockpits, not just generic 2 seaters or what ever. If they had a 737 I would definatly use it.

Ollie