PDA

View Full Version : BU0836 Output problem

jbrewer
06-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Hi everyone,

I have never used Leo's BU0836 before. I have connected 32 spst switches using diodes etc as described on other posts and on Leo's website. However, it would seem I have gone wrong but I just cannot work out where. When I plug the device into my computer and open the windows device configuration utility, it shows that when i throw a switch it does not appear as the one it should, rather 6 switches will show as the same switch then the next six will show as a different switch. Im getting more and more confused every time i look at this!

I would really appreciate some help.

Cheers

Jack

James Twomey
06-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Hello; at first read it seems to me that you have your gnd and +5v wired backwards... Maybe give that a go and see what you get. Also, can I ask why you are using diodes? I’m using the same board and I haven’t found a need for diodes.

Hope the confusing lifts quickly.

James

davek
06-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Jack are you using the 836 or the 836X?
I had a similar problem with a rotary encoder and realised I had put the GRD wire into another switch and thus getting two different switch allocations on one of the rotation directions.
Double check all your connections. You can use one GRD wire for all switches and connect to one GRD on the card.

About the diode, they are not required with the card and FSUIPC. A diode( elektrikity thingie) was required years ago with older cards with toggle switches to stop it repeating signals.

If you dont have it, download and buy FSUIPC. Its not very expensive and it opens up a whole new world for adding buttons and switches and saves mucking around with the windows settings.

Hope some of that helps
Dave

ian@737ng.co.uk
06-09-2011, 12:05 AM
hi jack........
i assume, because you are using diodes, that you are using the
standard BU0836 card. i know what you are going thru, been
there in the early days :o
if that is the case, this doc might help
http://www.737ng.co.uk/matrix.pdf
good luck and rgds

ian