PDA

View Full Version : leo bodnar bu 0836x

johncor
06-10-2011, 03:57 AM
hi all, anyone out there using this card know if it's possible to run an led of one of the 32 button connections as I want connect a break light on 737 tq i'm building but don't have any alternative power supply, any ideas welcome,cheers!

jmig
06-10-2011, 12:52 PM
John

That cards is an input card not an output card. It will not power a LED.

John

iwik
06-10-2011, 02:47 PM
John,
If all you want to do is to light a led when the switch is closed. Then just get a Double pole single Throw switch. Connect one set of switch terminals to the
0836x input. The other set of contacts,one terminal to plus 5v on the card,the other terminal to the Anode of the led in series with a 1k resistor back to
the Gnd terminal on the 0386x card.
Now when you close the switch one set of contacts tell the sim your brake needs to be set and the other will turn on your led and off again when opened.
Any further help needed jus ask.
Les

johncor
06-10-2011, 03:49 PM
thanks for the feed back,and to jmig if the card is disigned to read pots and encoders then it must be pushing 5 volts and that power can be used to light an led in sieries with a risistor as iwik has suggested or not?

davek
06-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Leos card is an input card meaning you can send a signal to FS to do a certain action, ie throw switch and landing lights come one.

An output card will send a signal from FS when an action happens, ie turn on a light or drive a stepper motor. You can define this action through code.

You could draw on the 5v from the card for an LED but I dont know what the consequences are of doing this? Maybe drawing too much load over a period of time? Affect the other switch actions? If it does work, the light wont work the way you would want it to anyway, ie react to a FS action. Les idea is much better for reducing any chance of damage to the card or other components.

Maybe Leo or one of our eletrikity gurus might be able to further explain.

johncor
06-12-2011, 03:22 PM
ok,so to play safe i'll leave the card alone.anyway i want to back light the tq and will probobly need a power supply reliable enought to light maybe 20 to 30 leds.question,what does the averege builder use as a power supply,john.

AK Mongo
06-12-2011, 10:54 PM
I am using an old pc power5 supply to run my 12 v lights, but it will also have a 5 volt output. You could light a lot of led's from one of those. Have to mess with resistors, but if you do a forum search someone has already answered the question of how to do it.

Reid