PDA

View Full Version : Looky at what I just found.. Something new from the boys at Saitek

Ronson2k9
07-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Saitek and MadCatz are building Cessna branded and crafted equipment.

Cessna 172 - Yoke - Rudder Pedals - Elevator Trim (http://www.saitek.com/cessna/)

Looks pretty good. Not to much on pricing so far but could be pretty well steep. Hope not.

Worth a look to all you Cessna GA builders out there. If I was still building a 206 I'd be all over this like stink on a skunk.

Cheers
Ron

Doon1
07-25-2011, 02:59 PM
$449 US with a free Switch panel ($99.95). Not bad really. I wonder of they'll sell the trim wheel as a stand alone unit. I guess I should have looked a little closer. It's $49.99
John

No Longer Active
07-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Holy cr@p.....

This is blimmin lovely stuff, I am honestly shocked, Saitek have really shocked me, the yoke, the pedals, the trim, its soooo neat.

Im a fan, count me in!

Geremy Britton
07-25-2011, 04:00 PM
I wonder how/if they got permission from Cessna (Subsidiary of Textron Inc. who owns it) for their right to replicate the cessna label and branding on their products....

Ronson2k9
07-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Yep seems to be bang on... Anyone building a more recent Cessna should find this pretty perfect. To bad it doesn't come with the push/pull throttle group but other then that looks awesome. I'm pretty tempted to go back to the 206 but I've put a lot of time into the 185 at this point. The rudder pedals look like a solid buy to me though. They are bit farther apart then in the 185 but I could probably live with that. They come with proportional (not just on or off)/independent brakes. Should give Simkits a run for their money.. :)

Ronson2k9
07-25-2011, 04:15 PM
I wonder how/if they got permission from Cessna (Subsidiary of Textron Inc. who owns it) for their right to replicate the cessna label and branding on their products....

I should think so. They seem to be using the spec from their equipment. They don't just 'look close' but seem to be right on.

No Longer Active
07-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Yes, Cessna appear to have a deal going with Saitek, I wonder what Textron will get out of this...(a big sponsorship deal on Cessna flight training and vice versa).

Man, CH are losing their way big time. Its soo cool that commercial sim product manufacturers are going type specific now, because nearly all aviation fans are resorting to building their own sims because flying is too expensive...

A kick in the nuts for simkits pedals, yoke and almost anything else they come up with :)

http://alexpilot.50g.com/saitek.jpg

AK Mongo
07-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Looks pretty good! It is really nice to see more competition for the simming hardware dollar. If the trim wheel had a position indicator, I would be pulling out the Visa instead of struggling with my own!

Reid

Ronson2k9
07-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Yep me too.. I suppose if someone wanted to an indicator could be added.. Not like we haven't hacked into stuff before. :)

Matt Olieman
07-26-2011, 06:34 AM
Yep me too.. I suppose if someone wanted to an indicator could be added.. Not like we haven't hacked into stuff before. :)

LOL...... to say the least :)

Matt Olieman

fsaviator
07-26-2011, 03:57 PM
I am so as#@d up right now... I just bought a full SAITEK GA suite while I was in Iraq and now they release this... I could have had my old Cessna back together, and in a small corner of my sim room.

Warren

Ronson2k9
07-26-2011, 04:24 PM
If it's still new you could try selling it on Ebay you may get 70-80% back on it and then buy the 'newer' stuff?

AK Mongo
07-26-2011, 04:54 PM
I am so as#@d up right now... I just bought a full SAITEK GA suite while I was in Iraq and now they release this... I could have had my old Cessna back together, and in a small corner of my sim room.

Warren
Warren,

Did you get any of the instruments? If so how are they working, and would they be suitable mounted behind a panel?

Reid

No Longer Active
07-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Hi Reid,

My mate has the saitek gauges and to be honest, they would look a little odd behind a panel as you would have this very large gap between gauges in both directions, also the gauges seem to lag as there appears to be a little delay. Based on my mates setup of the 6 pack, its not too bad but not brilliant. They certainly dont excite me, but (and a big but) Some may be very happy with the gauges as everyone has different expectations and requirements so I would not knock anyone that has them, they are just not ideal for panel mouting in my opinion.

Alex

fsaviator
07-26-2011, 06:47 PM
I didn't buy any of the instruments. I just used a second monitor for them. I bought everything else though...

I may look at selling the yoke and pedals. We'll see. Bottom line, they are still good products, regardless of the style

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/wsoeldner/Forums%20and%20Posts/6140a3fe.jpg

Warren

Ronson2k9
07-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Pretty nice setup.. What is the second unit on top of the Saitek radio switch panel?

AK Mongo
07-27-2011, 12:24 AM
Pretty nice setup.. What is the second unit on top of the Saitek radio switch panel?

One of these: http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/multi.html

fsaviator
07-27-2011, 03:21 AM

Yes it's the Multipanel.

I bought it while deployed and had it in my room in Iraq. Gave me something to do when I was bored.

The only issue I had was that in order to effectively use it for anything other than a standard GA aircraft (switch mapping and stuff), I had to use SPAD, as the Saitek software is very limited.

57sqnFS
08-30-2011, 06:46 PM
i think most of saitek's stuff is really over priced and bad quality
personally i would rather take out the time and work on weekends to replicate all the panels using 1 of leo bodnar's cards and a few switches
its cheaper, sturdier and just doesn't look as tacky as saiteks stuff if done properly

Cessna172sim
09-22-2011, 01:41 AM
I sent email to Saitek that they could still add force feedback to the next version.
Feedback was notified and appreciated. Let's wait and see. ;)