PDA

View Full Version : Pretty stoked, just bought a Unimat 3 lathe with milling attachment

Shawn
09-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Had to tell someone who would be interested, the wife just doesn't get that excited about this stuff :D I bought a Unimat 3 lathe with milling attachment for $350.00. I haven't seen it yet but it's supposed to be in excellent condition and comes with a box load of attachments and cutting tools. Can't wait to get it set up in the shop and test her out.

Archammer
09-05-2011, 02:27 PM
OOOH!!! Does it have the longitutinal feed attachment?

Find some good 4 jaws and get to turning buddy! I need milled throttle knobs out of billet aluminum and color dyed!

:)

FYI, I heard you can take some of those smaller lathe's and remove the attached motor. Attach a larger motor via a belt drive and super power it! Just don't smoke the bearings!

Very cool buy, post photos/video when you get it.

Shawn
09-06-2011, 11:26 AM
It doesn't come with the power feed but it does include a 4 jaw chuck, rotary table and thread turning attachment. I've never used a metal lathe or mill before but once I get things figured out a bit I'd be happy to turn you some throttle knobs. I'll definately post photo's/video's once I pick up the unit. I'm sure I'll have a hundred questions to ask as well.

Shawn