PDA

View Full Version : Which callsign do you use?

mrmaster
12-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Hey! I am about to print out a decal for my MIP with the callsign - do you base your aircraft on real world airplanes or do you invent new ones? If you base it on a real aircraft -- you use like a real aircraft with routes you would actually plan to fly ?

All the best,
Marc

Atomic_Sheep
12-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Sounds like a personal question for which only you hold the answer, however I would imagine there are 4 main camps of people on this topic:

1.) those that use a call sign of an aircraft that they plan to fly on real routes.

2.) people who use a decal of an actual aircraft but have no intention of only flying a limited set of routes

3.) others might have a few decals

4.) But I would imagine the vast majority of people wouldn't bother with this at all. After all, if you fly jets, you are referred to as "Airline" and then flight number. If you fly GA, then I would imagine people would either select their own registration or a generic registration that is consistent with the areas that they most frequently fly in.

Tom_G_2010
12-07-2011, 03:31 PM
I fly mostly GA in the US and use a tail number that consists of my age back when I joined one of the virtual ATC groups and my initials. So regardless of which GA flight model I use N48TG.

AK Mongo
12-07-2011, 10:01 PM
If you google mine, you will know how old I am...

Reid

Tom_G_2010
12-08-2011, 01:09 AM
If you google mine, you will know how old I am...

Reid

Are you referring to the crash date (http://www.griffin-helicopters.co.uk/accidentdetails.asp?accidentkey=11203)?

AK Mongo
12-08-2011, 02:37 AM
Nope,

Just the show. Was the only call sign I could easily find for TC's bird.