PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Odd in Texas here

Oddjob
12-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Well I've been bitten with the Sim bug years back and now its time to start making it happen. I came across this forum and cant think of a better starting point. Hope i can become a contributing member. At the moment all i have to offer is 24 yrs in the aircraft parts business (private, business and commuter) and a family history of aviation. Pam Am , TWA. So this is my attempt to be in the captains seat by the time I retire. 8-)

Geremy Britton
12-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Great to have you with us sir, i will look forward to your progress.

Have you got any idea which aircraft is taking your preference?

Regards

Ronson2k9
12-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Weren't you the baddy with the flying hat in 'Goldfinger' ? I knew I'd recognize you.:lol: Welcome on board. Sounds like you have a great start already.

Cheers
Ron

Oddjob
12-11-2011, 09:04 AM
You know , its really is a tough decision. There's so much to consider. A 747 cockpit would be an absolute dream but the 737 seems to he the most popular and with the largest support base ( parts availability,fan support and expertise). Then there's the temptation to make a generic generic cockpit ( which means some compromise) and the software choices..its enough to keep you up at night. So first off my goal is to build a solid base with a strong PC, monitors,software and learn how to make this all work.

As far as my name, well it was cool when I was a kid and now I'm just dating myself .Its the one everyone knows me by, even family so im stuck.;-)

Thank you for the welcome its going to be a pleasure to be here im sure.

Burkhard
12-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Hi,
I think that you can buy more components for a 737. And because more people build this model, you can also get more help. I am very satisfied with the decision for this model

Burkhard
www.Homecockpit-737NG.blogspot.com

CocnutAir
12-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Hi,
Are ya'll anywhere near Central Texas?
Regards,
Alan.