PDA

View Full Version : headset troubles HELP

ruffin23
01-24-2012, 08:50 PM
hey guys i have a softcomm pilot head set silver edition and i got a pc adapter today from FSpilot shop and i plugged it in
and i cant get the mic to Work theres no push to talk botton or anything on my headset i paid 60 bucks for it so im pretty down about it if any body knows how to fix it please help

blueskydriver
01-24-2012, 10:02 PM
First, are you talking about it working with MSFS (FS9 or FSX) or working with Windows Sound Card (whichever OS version it is?)? Second, Push-to Talk (PTT) is a feature in MSFS and/or FSUIPC, and that depends on what you need PTT for. If it's Gamespy, you will be using a key from with FS9/FSX settings and if it's like SquawkBox, you still assign a key, but you would assign it to a button (using hardware). In fact, you would assign both ways to a button, but it all depebds on what you're trying to achieve.

So, your question(s) is a little vague and needs more info as to what you're trying to do; please provide a lot more detail...

BSD

ruffin23
01-24-2012, 10:06 PM
im using fsx and gamespy and i pluged in a regular 10 dollar head set from the dollar store and it works fine but when i plug in my real headset and the adapter to adapted it to my computer the mic wont work?

blueskydriver
01-25-2012, 03:02 AM
Which Model of the SoftComm do you have (the model number)? The thing is you might have impedence issues or other related problems. Does this adapter box require a 9-volt battery; some do require a battery.

I checked out the adapter box on the website and didn't find much regarding it. You can only email the manufacturer...regarding support.

Post the headphone model number and I can look a little bit further to help you.

BSD

ruffin23
01-25-2012, 11:42 AM
http://www.pilotshop.com/softcomm-c60-headset-p-7588.html?cPath=21_37

it requires a 9v and it was a turn on switch on the side of the adapter

this is the link to the Headset
thank you for all your help