PDA

View Full Version : Speed Brake Calibration has me stumped

birdyguy
02-10-2012, 11:45 PM
Hello fellow builders, ladies and gentleman of the skies,

I'm nearing the end of my 737 throttle quad build. well, getting close. I am stumped on the speed brake calibration and could use a little help. I found a 120K pot kicking about and decided to use that. It's one of those that has a resistor between the neg and the pos. I tested it out on it's own before using it, and seems to me, it worked fine, -16383 right on up through to +16383. After installing it on the brake lever I now find there is a wicked dead zone at the start and end of the pot and I can't for the life of me figure out how to solve it. I'm thinking there must be something I have missed in the calibration area but no clue what. I deleted all axis assignments in fsx and started from scratch and still no avail. I'm using the RZ axis in FSUIPC4. I still get the -16383 to +16383 but it all happens in about a quarter of a turn. Any help to get me going in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

birdyguy
02-11-2012, 01:55 PM
To the Moderators, you may close or delete this thread as I believe my problem is with faulty potentiometers.

Thanks

Ed