PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a stanby instrument bezel faceplate from?

notgotaclue
03-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Hi,
I am going to try to explain what I mean - you know the thing I want, it covers the top of the 3 standby instruments when I dont have a gauge .
Let me try again, I want to blank out the top gauge with a bezel.
No that dont work - ermmmm.... (searches for a photo with no luck).
Help,
Allan.

tiburon
03-23-2012, 01:26 AM
If you mean a panel to cover the hole of the top standby instrument, here you go : http://www.737ngsim.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=138&category_id=16&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=57&lang=en

notgotaclue
03-23-2012, 05:25 AM
If you mean a panel to cover the hole of the top standby instrument, here you go : http://www.737ngsim.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=138&category_id=16&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=57&lang=en

Hi,
Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted.
Allan

notgotaclue
03-23-2012, 02:46 PM
So off I went to buy this little, very small, light piece of plastic that should cost no more than a few euros to post when I am hit with this...........

Name SKU Price Quantity / Update Subtotal
Stand-By Instrument Plate
PAN-737-S-025A 9,09 € 9,09 €
Subtotal: 9,09 €
Tax Total: 1,64 €
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total: 10,73 €
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please select a Shipping Method!
Shipper Shipping Rate Price

CHRONOEXPRÉS International express Z3 34,85 €
CHRONOEXPRÉS International standard Z3 30,45 €
UPS EUROPA STANDARD Z6 Bis 34,11 €
UPS INTERNACIONAL EXPRESS SAVER Z5 23,39 €

So the part cost 10.73 and they want at least 23.39 for postage, so it will come to 34 euros....... I dont think so..
Back to the drawing board.... Anyone know where I can get one and not be taken to the cleaners with postage charges?.
Allan.

fordgt40
03-23-2012, 02:55 PM
You can easily make one. Make a template from a piece of paper. Buy some 2mm plasticard from a local model shop. Plasticard can easily be cut by scoring and bending. Drill the mounting holes to match the template. Prime and spray with Plastikote matt grey from B&Q. Much cheaper :)

David

notgotaclue
03-24-2012, 02:38 PM
You can easily make one. Make a template from a piece of paper. Buy some 2mm plasticard from a local model shop. Plasticard can easily be cut by scoring and bending. Drill the mounting holes to match the template. Prime and spray with Plastikote matt grey from B&Q. Much cheaper :)

David

Hi,
As they are only a tenner I thought it is worth it, I did not expect the absolutely ridiculous postage cost.
Looks like home made is the way to go.
Allan.

birdyguy
03-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Yes, Shipping is a killer. It's probably one of my biggest costs for my TQ as I live in a rural area and have to have almost everything shipped. Really have to be careful, I think some are in the business of making all their profit from shipping, but that's my opinion only, I don't own a business.

I plan on making all my bezels from this plastic board I found at a craft/hobby shop. It's like a very strong foam plastic type board but easily cut with a hobby knife and very cheap to buy. In Canada it's called Elmer's Foam board. I think In Denmark it's called foamalux.

Efe Cem Elci
03-24-2012, 04:06 PM
We just got one cut up when we were at the CNC shop. At no charge, just asked nicely and they obliged from one of their scrap pieces left over from other jobs. Drilled the mounting holes at our workshop.