PDA

View Full Version : ADD-ON Software / Computers...

BIGLDH
03-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Hey all. Wasn't sure if this is the most appropriate location for this post, but here goes...

I have my FSX PC (server) and have acquired 3 additional, slightly less powerful PC's which I intended to use to run add-on software (clients) (ASX, Reality XP GNS to name a few) with the hopes of freeing up more ram and eventually FPS rates on the main PC.

Question for all of you is... What programs or add-ons do you recommend running separately from the main FSX pc? Any thoughts or recommendations as to limiting let's say ASX as the single add-on for the 2nd pc and run the GNS software on the 3rd pc? Just trying to figure out potential space requirements / rack space needed to pull this off.

Again, a HUGE thank you to everyone here for your incredible insight and advice.

den19
03-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Short answer is, move everything you can off the FS pc to give it every chance to maximise fsx performance. I have PEIX GAPanel (For the instruments), Active Sky, PlanG, FSINN, VATspy, and Teamspeak all running on a scond pc across 3 screens on 2 graphics cards. The main pc only runs fsx, nothing else.

Den