PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 737 Shell

van tonder
03-31-2012, 07:33 AM
Hey to all,

This up coming week i'm getting a quotation to laser cut my shell panels and to cnc bend it , i was wondering if anyone is interested in a shell, maybe if i get more shell the manufacturing is cheaper.

Shell specs:
laser cut and cnc bend
Easy to assemble already cut screw holes just screw together
Flip down overhead panel bases (overhead and afoverhead)
Vents for fans to removed hot air
Cable tie down places and channels for cables
Pilot grip handles holes
Perspex glass for windows just screw in

Here is some pic's , i'll also post some if the shell is complete.
If any measurement are required please let me know.

Enjoy
Paul

van tonder
03-31-2012, 07:35 AM
I Forgot , all the panels are 2mm alliminium

AchillesP
03-31-2012, 05:55 PM
Hi,

Can you give more details for the dimensions? My room is not big enough.

Regards,
Achilles

Efe Cem Elci
04-01-2012, 01:29 AM
As well as weight and packed size (for shipping)... Thanks!

van tonder
04-01-2012, 05:28 AM
Hey to all ,

If you are interested just send me an e mail to mainroad53@gmail.com,I can then send you more measurements , and pictures
regarding the shell.

Paul

No Longer Active
04-01-2012, 06:19 AM
This shell looks very much like the FDS shell. It would be great to see a shell on sale that beats FDS on price. But, the quality of the FDS shell is out of this world, I have seen it ! Is this shell a contender?

van tonder
04-01-2012, 07:19 AM
This shell looks very much like the FDS shell. It would be great to see a shell on sale that beats FDS on price. But, the quality of the FDS shell is out of this world, I have seen it ! Is this shell a contender?
Hey Alex

Like you said FDS shell is out side this world, but this shell is gonna be also , lots of hours went in this design, in every
small detail, from assemble to interior to cable harnesses, there is space for everything, even space for sound proof sponge in the inner line, to give you the enclosure like in a real cockpit, even soft corners panels that you don't cut your fingers when assemble, add-on hole for future interior features,hot air remove vents, and its gonna be precision engineered,

And the price is gonna be far less i think,so i'll say this could be the contender.

Best regard
Paul

notgotaclue
04-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Why not just put the measurements and pictures in this thread?

Allan.

Ps. Are you involved with this company or just a customer?

van tonder
04-01-2012, 12:34 PM

Why not just put the measurements and pictures in this thread?

Allan.

Ps. Are you involved with this company or just a customer?

Hey Allan

I have seen the attach file option re-size the pictures smaller, but i have attach it if you want to see,
No i'm not a company or a customer of one just a designer.

Best regards
Paul

dodiano
04-01-2012, 11:04 PM
I have to say this is amazing!! The work to design something like this is not easy nor cheap!! Hope you can sell a couple my friend congrats!

Roberto