PDA

View Full Version : 737 Overhead

Pumpie
04-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Hey all,

I am planning to start build a 737 overhead
I have got two question to ask:
I)Which USB device could i use to control the led's using appropriate software?
II) According to my knowledge, servo could move only 180 degrees. How could i build the gauges?(most of them have range of more than 180deg)

Thanks in advance for helping!

Quartermaster340
04-07-2012, 04:36 PM
hi, i suggest you have a good look around the forums here. a lot of these questions have been answered before :) . also take a look at this site, its a goldmine when it comes to building your own sim: www.737ng.co.uk

mrmaster
04-07-2012, 09:16 PM
hi,

I) I (would) use Arduino with ARCOM (http://x737cockpit.wordpress.com/arcom_by_mac), it's the cheapest (you need Prosim737 systems which is free for non-commercial use)

II) take a look on ebay, I got my gears from there, you just need some plexiglass and a hot glue

Marc

tiburon
04-08-2012, 01:21 AM
<you need Prosim737 systems which is free for non-commercial use)>

Euh, last time I looked it was 300 euros for non-commercial use ?

Martin

claushansen
04-08-2012, 05:12 AM
Hi,

Yes this forum has a lot of good information, it helped me a lot. I choosed to use a USB Output card from OC, it's very easy to use and program. I have bought the servos and card also from OC, again okay price and can be installed in less than an hour.

I have placed some tutorials and examples on my site.

Regards
Claus
www.737sim.dk

mrmaster
04-08-2012, 07:10 AM
as far as I know 300 € is Prosim737 displays, mcp, cdu but the systems is free for non commercial

If you use OC it will be more expensive.

1 USB Output card costs 55€ - this can only control 64 LEDs

You can control all LEDs in the overhead with one single interface: ARCOM with an AVR controller (Arduino). Either you just get the software I use for the MIP and look through it and adapt it to your needs, or I'll make you a customized version. For which I can also supply hardware (chips, PCB layout files and the AVR controller). However currently this only works with Prosim737.

Marc