PDA

View Full Version : Starting a 737NG cockpit

TravisM
05-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Hello All,
I am wanting to build a 737NG cockpit but have hit a roadblock. I want a cockpit with the MIP and overhead but no enclosure. On the contrary I would like to maximize my realism with this type of pit. Wide FOV etc. Something similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&src_vid=Ejuc1kjmOrQ&annotation_id=annotation_842787&v=TghF5bfmVy8 but Boeing and a slight bit more enclosed with bigger monitors. I am in High school so I want to keep it somewhat small until I move out in a couple of years then I can go for the whole shabang. So basically what I'm asking is if any of y'all know a way I could make it enclosed but without the 1:1 scale enclosure and what monitor size to use for the max field of view. Also any tips for the road ahead would be appreciated.
Thanks - Travis

Infinity
05-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Most obvious would be a single seater, and projector so u can adjust your view as necessary.

notgotaclue
05-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Hello All,
I am wanting to build a 737NG cockpit but have hit a roadblock. I want a cockpit with the MIP and overhead but no enclosure. On the contrary I would like to maximize my realism with this type of pit. Wide FOV etc. Something similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&src_vid=Ejuc1kjmOrQ&annotation_id=annotation_842787&v=TghF5bfmVy8 but Boeing and a slight bit more enclosed with bigger monitors. I am in High school so I want to keep it somewhat small until I move out in a couple of years then I can go for the whole shabang. So basically what I'm asking is if any of y'all know a way I could make it enclosed but without the 1:1 scale enclosure and what monitor size to use for the max field of view. Also any tips for the road ahead would be appreciated.
Thanks - Travis

Hi,
It could be something as simple as putting curtains on each side. Anything to remove the feeling that you are sat in a room.
As for monitor size, the bigger the better. I now have 3 x 40" tvs and the immersion factor is total. It is a large amount of money to spend so just get the biggest you can afford.
Allan.

claushansen
05-07-2012, 02:29 AM
Hi Travis,

A couple of large monitors in front can do a good job. I have started the other way, building a single seat MIP, and then
moved on. More screens will come, but all the systems have to run 100% before moving on to a larger view.

Regards
Claus
www.737sim.dk

TravisM
05-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the replies, I think the most practical is going to be a single seater with curtains on the sides (genius idea btw) And a projector...I have a 32 in. TV laying around so that will serve as the primary display for now. And thus the hunt for a summer job begins! haha
Thanks - Travis