PDA

View Full Version : A320 FMGS beta 26

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

jeehell
01-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Hello,
The AP disconnects by itself only in case of overspeed, A.FLOOR or if you move the sidestick with too much amplitude.
Is any of this occuring?

JL

sacramento
01-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Hi JL:

Thanks for your reply....Yes in fact i have an overspeed, and don't ask me why because i don't know yet...The aircraft it's in the Top Off Climb (15000Fts for example) and i have a speed target 280Kts, but for something else the aircraft increase the speed himself too!

tom19
01-11-2012, 01:06 AM
Hi Sacramento,

Maybe you should check your throttle lever or lower your CI.

Tommi

sacramento
01-11-2012, 03:35 AM
Hi:

Well I think i had find the problem concerning AP disconnect and other's problems that i had with the software, and maybe it was good that i share here the test's that i had made, once i'm a cockpit builder, and the most cockpit builders work with a few computers on the system:
1 - We need to have razonable computers to run PFD/ND, and SWD,SD....my old computers are not enough for run this software!
2 - After a few tests with all computers in the network, i had the best establish, when i put PFD/ND in the best (old) computer i have to run this visuals...
3 - After that i had put Overhead in a old computer, and MCDU in annother old, but razonable computer, and the FCU run in the server.I had discard SWD/SD because i don't have a razonable computer to run!
4 - With this setup, i had make a real, first flight, without much problems.

My conclusion with A320 FMGS is that we need razonable computers to run on network, core 2 Duo are the best for A320FMGS on clients, because this give us a good smooth in the comunications betwen each computer, and the software run very well. If we don't have good PC's for work, then the problems appear, that's because clients can't communicate smooth with all the system!

Some issues that i don't know if it's still causing because the "bad" setup i have:
1 - When establish in the desired Flight Level, the MCDU mark a speed = 323 Knots and in PFD the aircraft show a speed of +/- 330/340 Knots
2 - I have difficult in reduce speed when i start my descent, or better i can't reduce speed, or worse the speed increase with a VS = 1500 fpm, and off course this cause an overspeed and the AP disconnect himself.
3 - The FBW seem unstable in the approach, but much better in take off....annother problem caused by the bad setup???I don't know!

And i think it's all for now...

PS:TOM19, what is CI?

Thanks
Manuel Sacramento

jeehell
01-12-2012, 01:12 PM
hi sacramento,

Yes indeed core 2 duo are a good minimum choice.
As for your other problems with overspeed, as Tommi said you should try to reduce the CI or cost index. If your CRZ mach is near MMO, it can be a problem.

Cheers,
JL

sacramento
01-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Hi,

25 is OK. I don't know what's going wrong then...
Maybe you can try to select a lower speed before engaging DES mode, then resume managed speed after the aircraft is in descent...

JL

tom19
01-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Hi JL,

I can't update navdata to current AIRAC. I've downloaded latest package from Navigraph and installed it. After that I did run Configure and set the correct file. Files are in they places but on the MCDUs A/C STATUS page active nav data shows 1113, not 1201 as it shoul be.

Tommi

jeehell
01-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Hello,

The AIRAC date information on the MCDU DATA page is purely eye candy and has to be changed manually. Go to FMGS Server\Navdata folders and modify the CycleData.txt file.

JL

tom19
01-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Hi JL,

ok, thanks. As long as nav data is upto date thats good enoughf for me :)

Tommi

sacramento
01-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Hi JL:

I try to chance the options for the Antializasing, in PFD and ND, but after chance the slide for right and restart the software, the slide, remain in the left without any change...to you know what's could happen here?

Thanks
Manuel Sacramento

jeehell
01-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Hello Manuel,

You need to right click then "save position" before restarting the software.

JL

sacramento
01-15-2012, 04:32 PM
OK...i go try your suggestion!
Thanks

brianwilliamson
01-15-2012, 06:10 PM
I have just installed the latest version on my Airbus sim, to do some testing. First I have to say this is the most realistic software I have seen and the method of installing Side-sticks, flaps etc., is the best I have seen in simplicity. It is a pity some other developers could not look into this way of doing things !!
Ok there are some problems, but I have no doubt these will be rectified, simply because we are all using different setups and hardware. Makes it hard on Jean Luc. I also have to get to know how it all operates !!

I have not installed all the computers yet, as I need to fix any problems on the main ones first.

I am using FSUIPC.ini to start the Starter program on the FSX computer. All the other computers are using WideServant.ini to start and close the Starter Programs.

Here is a list of computers that I am using :
Computer 1. Running FSX + FCU+FMGS SERVER+FBW : i720 @ 4.0 ghz.6g ram. XP64
Computer 2 Running EWD+SD+OVHD + Sounds+ InterFaceIT : 2.6 Ghz, 4G ram. XP64.
Computer 3 Running Captain ND +PFD: 2.7 Ghz, 2 G ram, XP64.
Computer 4 Running MCDU : 2.5 Ghz. 1 G ram, XP.
Here are a couple of problems that I have already listed on the bug tracking site, for others to compare their findings with mine.

Switches on the Overhead not working correctly withn InterFaceIT . The On/Off switches for the lights, seatbelts, no smoking etc., do not switch on/off after they are switched on.
All the momentary ones are ok,which is all of the overhead Korries.
Axis on BUO836X Not availible. All axis on the BUO836X are working perfectly on throttles, Flaps, etc. but the last one which is DIAL pot. will not come up at all on the FMGS_Config.exe. It shows as working ok in the Microsoft game controller as working ok. Need to use it on the Spd Brk.
Lock up On approach and AP on and at 1500 ft I get Alpha Floor and most times it will not be recoverable. The nose come up for no apparent reason and of course the speed comes back and then lock-up. Not doing ILS, just normal approach. Have not installed the Master and Caution Warning Switches yet.

Hope this information will help Jean Luc. I was in Nice during September but unfortunately had very little time, othewise would have been nice to meet you.

Kind regards............Brian W.

brianwilliamson
01-15-2012, 08:40 PM
JL hold off on the problem with the lockup on approach. Doing some more testing at the moment and I suspect a problem maybe in the MCDU. Will report back after more thorough testing.

Regards...........Brian W.

Fritz
01-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Hello Brian,

I have similar problems with the taxi light, seatbelt-and nosmoking -toggle in conection with InterfaceITAPI.
I have been also reported this to JL. I think he will take care of it but still do a couple things with higher
priority. I can not confirm Problems with the BUO836X and FMGS_Config. All the axes and dimming of the display works with it.

Kind regards

jeehell
01-20-2012, 06:04 AM
Hi,

I'd need more info on this "DIAL pot", I'm not sure how this is interpreted by windows afterwards? if you can point me to the bodnar documentation that would help as well.

Cheers,
JL

brianwilliamson
01-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Features
•Push-in terminals for all connections
No more soldering or screwdriving. Push in to connect. Press tab and pull out to disconnect.

•32 truly independent digital inputs for buttons and switches
No matrix, no diodes, no daisy-chaining. And yes, each input has its own two terminals (GND can be shared between inputs if necessary.)

•Support for up to 16 rotary encoders
A pair of digital inputs can be connected to rotary encoder. All main types supported (1, 2 and 4 pulses per detent)

•8 analog inputs with true 12-bit resolution and independent wiring
4096 steps of resolution. Even 1/4 of this range is still 1024 steps!
To support true 12-bit performance each analog inputs has independent set of +5v and GND terminals, oversampling and sophisticated signal filtering

•8-direction POV hat switch

•Compact outline of 123x52mm (4.85"x2.05")
With 93 wire terminals onboard it is only 50% bigger than a credit card

•Natively supported by Windows Vista/XP/2000/Me/98, Mac OS X and Linux
True Plug-and-play at its best.
http://www.leobodnar.com/
That is about all the information availible. Only 7 analog inputs are detected by FMGS. Not the 8th.
Cheers.................Brian W.

jeehell
01-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Hello,

Ok thanks I will investigate. The 8th axis should be read, but I admit I have no means to test that. I will look if there is any obvious bug first.

Cheers,
JL

sacramento
01-21-2012, 05:02 AM
Hi to all:

After a few tests in FBW, I still can not yet the best performance, specially when in landing, because we need a faster response in the sidestick for left and for right, and i can't this faster response, after try a few settings...
Can someone share the settings in FBW and the configuration of sidestick?

Thanks
Manuel Sacramento

ToTom
01-21-2012, 08:28 AM
I think is good. The model IFDG/PA/other in full configuration -> aileron deflection must be large.
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRilx-a3Hro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWOwIYcrSJQ

sacramento
01-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Could be large the deflection in aileron, mas you need feel the aircraft, and control it, and if this movements have a big large deflection you can't control it very well...
Can you share is your settings in FBW ?

Thanks

ToTom
01-21-2012, 10:40 AM
I use standard settings FMGS.
I changed ProjectAirbus model.
The changes are large.
Now JeeHell check it.

I changed:
- N1 (according to data from a real simulator)
- Thrust (plane does not move by itself on Idle)
- Trim (about 2.5UP in full configuration during approach)
- Elevator (there is no horizontal oscillation and now plane captures GS in each configuration and speed).
- Min_ailerons_for_spoilerons - (This settings assures that the SD will show the aileron arrow in the right time).
- and other less important things.

I'm working on it yet.

See the videos on my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/zenek900?feature=mhee

sacramento
01-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Hi:

Thanks for share your settings and tests...THis mean soon we will have this settings for improve the realism right?

ToTom
01-21-2012, 06:06 PM
I don't know.
IFDG or PA models also are good.
JeeHell decide which model would be good to FMGS.
I used a model of PA. I compared to IFDG (native to FMGS). I added improvements. I like the effect.
That's all ...

jeehell
01-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Hello Brian, and others who use leobodnar's card, or cards with more than 6 analog inputs:

It seems the way I look up for joystick information is a bit outdated by nowadays standards, and I'm currently limited to 6 analog inputs (X,Y,Z, rotX,rotY,rotZ). I've been looking at how to add the remaining two, but it's quite a lot of work and time I don't really have right now on this topic. I will do my best, but will not come in the next weeks anyway, sorry for the inconvenience...

Cheers,
JL

dufour01
02-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi JL

Many thanks for this great piece of software.

While configuring, I noted the option for the MCDU to move Lines 1-6. Is there a way to move (up/down) the line for the scratch pad? The scratch pad line overlaps with line 6, which might be an issue of the font not working properly (not sure).

Thanks
Jamie

jeehell
02-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Hello Jamie,

As written in the User Guide, you have to use up/down arrows to move the scratchpad line. And left/right to move the title line.

Regards,
JL

AirbusJon
02-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Is there any possibility to make this work with A330 model?

-Jon

dufour01
02-05-2012, 05:41 AM
Hi

Thank you for the advice on the scratchpad; I had overlooked that in the guide, apologies.

I am struggling with another thing, the backlighting of the FDS XPNDR (the number keys are not backlight) and the FDS Comms (same problem). Is this something which is yet to be implemented or is there a function to activate the backlighting? It works quite well for the FDS FCU.

On another point. When configuring the tiller, I can see the rudder (in F/CTL) moving left / right. However, the rudder (nose gear) will stay left or right and not move back to a neutral position. It feels, as if the nose wheel sticks at the commanded input, making it very difficult to maneuver. Could this be an issue of the neutral zone?

Thanks a lot

Jamie

jeehell
02-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Hello,

Jon, you need to get in touch with Chris from dalpi project, his nickname here is kikigey I think.

Jamie: I'll try to look at the XPDR/COMMs backlighting, however the documentation is not complete on these modules and since I don't own them it's hard to make sure everything works correctly. Concerning the rudder not going back to neutral, yes it can come from your input axis neutral zone.

Cheers,
JL

dufour01
02-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Hi JL

Thanks a lot. The rudder / tiller shows "weird" behavior. I substantially increased the neutral zone. It seems that the rudder moves much too quickly and does not automatically revert back to neutral, but sticks. I increased the neutral zone to 2500. Is there a way to configure / calibrate joystick axes more granularly?

Update: I investigated a bit further. I think one issue is that the tiller moves the rudder, e.g. to the right. If the tiller is released to zero, the rudder deflection will remain. In order to get to neutral, opposite rudder input is required, i.e. deflection to the left. Shouldn't the rudder revert to neutral once the tiller is released to neutral?

Thanks for checking the backlighting.

Best
Jamie

jeehell
02-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Hello Jamie,

In current release version, rudder/auto cooridnation is not yet perfect, this will be much improved in next version.
I suggest you turn on FS native auto-rudder, it will be better for now.

Cheers,
JL

dufour01
02-08-2012, 04:08 AM
Hi JL

Many thanks for your quick response! I have made some further tests and resolved the rudder/tiller issue. Unfortunately, this led to some further questions ;-)

Thank you very much and best regards
Jamie

Rudder Trim

In the IITcreator, I am unable to find the references for the switches Rudder Trim Left / Rudder Trim Right / Rudder Trim Reset. Is there another way to configure these switches?

PS: I found that when configuring in the FMGS only the tiller, without configuring an axis for the rudder, the tiller behaves incorrectly (not moving back to neutral). What solved the problem for me is configuring tiller and rudder on the same axis.

Instable Autoflight

I am using the FSX model provided in your suite. When switching on Autoflight, the plane behaves unstable (e.g. the elevator begins to oscillate fast) and the AP will not follow the flight plan because the autopilot, at some point, disengages. In almost all instances, the plane will stall.

I checked the aircraft.cfg provided in your package against the the AdvancedUsersSetup guide. There are some deviations (e.g. for the flap speeds and other flap related data as well as the number of tank selectors); I think these should not be relevant.

In the AP/FBW, the only selectable option is PA Airbus though.

Do you have a suggestion what could be wrong here?

System Info
- FSX
- FSUIPC 4.7x (which I understand should now be compatible, correct?)
- Model: iFDG FSX as provided in the installer package

Positioning of STBY Instruments Lost

I fail to save the position of the Standby Instruments (namely ISIS and DDRMI). There seems to be no "save position" context menu for these instruments?

jeehell
02-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Hello,

Rudder trim: not yet implemented. I will look at the rudder/tillee axis issue.

Autoflight: if you have the correct acft installed, then the problem may come from the FPS you get in FS, they should not go below 20/25, or the AP behaves incorrectly.

STBY instruments: if I remember correctly, their position/size is stored when you manually close the STBY main window. Using the starter to close all soft prevents the storing of the position.

Cheers,
JL

AirFan
02-09-2012, 06:22 AM
Hi JL,

I have a small issue regarding the ILS. Sometimes I have a small lateral offset to the runway. The AC is still aligned with the runway but way off center line. The MLG is close to be off the runway during touchdown. example: ILS approach EDDV - 9R. Is it related to the new nav data? any clue?

and do you plan to add the estimated flyover time for each waypoint in the mdcu? I guess such a feature needs a more stable estimated arrival time to your destination before you can start to work on the time of each waypoint... ?? so many questions :)

Thanks for this nice software!!! :)

Cheers,
Rob

dufour01
02-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi JL

Thanks a lot.

Re the Autoflight: I don't think that FPS should be of an issue on that specific machine. I will check and report back.

-- Do you recommend to limit FPS in the FSX settings?
-- Is there an option to force the software to not use Core 0 (which seems to be most used by FSX), i.e. force the A320 Suite to only use Core 1 and higher?

Thanks
Jamie

eltschie
02-10-2012, 07:10 AM
Hi there,

I also use the brilliant FMGS beta 24 Software by Jeehell. I am using FSX, FSUIPC 4.756 and everything is running smooth and very well.

But yesterday I started my first Online Leg (IVAO) with the FMGS b24, I saw the other aircrafts on the screen during taxi out etc but I did not see the traffic on my ND.

Off course, at the MCDU / TCAS Options / I set MODE C, TCAS MODE TA/RA and TCAS TFC to ALL. But nothing appeared on my ND during my flight, however there were a couple of flights which had should be appeared on the ND!
And it doens't matter if I am using just one system or using three computers on a network. In both setups there is no Traffic on my TCAS/ND!

Because I am using FSX as a Newbie (I just changed from FS9 to FSX), maybe I have to do some settings I don't know.

Do I have to set something special in the FSUIPC?? Here it says: "Limit TCAS Strange = 40" and "Set TCAS id string from = Flight" ; which were the default values!

In fact, when I was using FS9 and FMGS Software I did have TCAS Traffic on my ND !!

Thx a lot for your kind assistance in advance !

Best regards

Joerg

AirFan
02-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Hi Joerg,

TCAS has been deactivated since it didnt work as it should. JL mentioned that earlier. I guess we have to wait on a new version in which it will be implemented again. So it is not related to any problem with your system.

Cheers,
Rob

eltschie
02-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Hey Rob,

thx a lot for this quick answer! I didn't notice that Jean-Luc deactivated the TCAS: Good to know that this has not to do with my setup anyway.

Nice weekend to all

Joerg

jeehell
02-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Hello,

Rob:
-ILS offset: is the localizer signal centered on the PFD and ND? if yes then either the navdata is wrong or that specific ILS really has a lateral offset on the approach. Do you have the charts to confirm that?
-flyover time: it is planned, but as you said I need first a better VNAV calculation. I don't know when it will be better, it's a LOT of work.

Jamie:
-I personnally limit the FPS at 30 fps. It frees CPU for the other software and I recommend that.
-It is really a BAD idea to allocate specific cores to software, in any way. First, some of my programs are multi threaded and can make use of several cores at te same time. Secondly, windows is in fact very good at dispatching cores to software when they need it.

Joerg: yes the TCAS is not functionnal for now. I will try to get it back in next version, but not guarantee on that...

Cheers,
JL

dufour01
02-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Hi JL

Thanks a lot.

Setting a 30 FPS lock helped to improve the Autoflight behavior enormously. Thanks.

What I noted is that under certain circumstances (I am not yet able to explain which, but it happened multiple times), it is not possible to engage managed speed and/or managed heading. AP1 / AP2 will activate just fine, but the FCU, upon pressing HDG or SPEED, will not change to the ---.

If I find out what the issue is, I will post a follow-up.

Thanks again for your work with this; much appreciated.

Jamie

adipdm
02-24-2012, 05:43 PM
hallo.

wo kann ich den A320 FMGS beta 24 runterladen finde nur liinks die niicht mehr aktiv sind:-(.
bitte helft mir danke.

liebe grüße
adrian

jeehell
02-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Hello,

Sorry I do not speak German...

JL

Fritz
02-24-2012, 07:51 PM
hallo.

wo kann ich den A320 FMGS beta 24 runterladen finde nur liinks die niicht mehr aktiv sind:-(.
bitte helft mir danke.

liebe grüße
adrian

The current link is from post number #38
http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B24.1.exe

adipdm
02-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Hallo Fritz.

THX

Liebe grüße
adi

flapsdown
03-06-2012, 06:02 AM
Question @ all
Is it true that Nvidia video cards work better with jeehell's software than AMD cards? Can somebody confirm this information?
Thanks
René

Fritz
03-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Question @ all
Is it true that Nvidia video cards work better with jeehell's software than AMD cards? Can somebody confirm this information?
Thanks
René

I've used GForce and Radeon graphics cards. No problems with A320 FMGS.

jeehell
03-06-2012, 06:44 PM
hello,

The only people who complained about issues that could be related to their graphic card, used an ATI card. However, I believe most ATI cards with up to date drivers are perfectly fine.

Cheers,
JL

flapsdown
03-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks both of you! It was hard to believe this "rumour" but as I intend to assemble a new PC I'm interested in this question.
Greets
René

AirFan
03-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi JL,

the forum became pretty calm... I guess we are all waiting on a new release :) Any rough estimate for V25? Or its new features????
However, here just a little bug report regarding DU dimming: When PFD an ND are in XFR the dimming is not cross referenced. Both DU's are in their original bright state.
I assume ND should use the input from PFD and vice versa when in XFR.

Best regards and a BIG Thank you,

Rob

jeehell
03-15-2012, 07:34 AM
Hello Rob,

Well I guess latest version is quite stable ;-)
Working hard on B25, no estimate for release yet though. New features are mostly internal, such as better network communication between applications.

Regards,
JL

Arbizzano
03-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Hallo JL,
now A320FMGS version 24.1 on my cockpit is very stable. I used FS9, FSUIPC 3.99 and opencockpits system.
Thanks for your great work!! :D

Many pilots of Airbus are coming to try it, so I can bring you any bugs. In the coming days I will be more precise, for now:
-there is the landing gear down at speeds above 260 knots. In reality it does not happen
-we tried to run out of fuel: the engines are switched off but the APUremains on

Thank you e I will write soon..

Bye

Umberto

AirFan
03-20-2012, 03:56 AM
Hello everyone,

maybe somebody could help me out with some SIOC code. I've connected a complete autobreak panel. All korries work fine, as defined with SIOC Creator. Its all dark, when initialized. If I switch on the battery, the landing gear indicators come alive...
However, I can't manage to shut off the leds of the korries when the aircraft's batteries and grd-power is turned off again. Same with the other korries for BRK FAN and TERR ON ND... ???

@JL: What is the reason that sometimes the FS menu is not extended by EXT-PWR; EXT-HP.... ect. options? I usually start FSX first. After the flight has been loaded I run the FMGS Starter... Sometimes these options dont show up in the menu? Any idea?

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
03-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Hello,

Sorry I'm currently away for my job...

Umberto: thx keep me posted about any bugs...

Rob: I don't know why these menu items sometimes don't show up, never could get that bug... As for your issues with SIOC, it's hard to tell, how did you assign your LEDs etc?

JL

AirFan
03-23-2012, 03:52 AM
Hi JL,

thats strange... I usually have this menu issue when I reload a flight... then I usually also restart FMGS.
well... its not such a big issue.

Regarding SIOC and my leds: I just used your SIOC Creator for the switches and LEDs of the autobreak panel. I assume have so add some own code to link the battery status with all the korries in the cockpit. For now the script only contains around 10-15 variables. Either an ouput definition or an input definition but no additional lines for any other condtions.
How do I change the gear status and all the other korries when the batteries are switched off. I dont really get it since SIOC is event based...

Thanks & Regards,
The SIOC-Newbie
Rob

AirFan
03-23-2012, 05:44 AM
Hi JL,

I forgot something... remember our discussion wrt max. bank angle? I just received this plot for an A320. there you see the dependencies for max. bank.

little example for the dashed lines for high and low speed buffet:

for M=0.73, FL350, Weight=60t, CG = 31% you will have an buffet onset at M=0.73 with 54°Bank (or @ 1.7g) and @ M=0.55 @ 1g.

It clearly shows the dependencies wrt altitude, weight ... etc.

The questions is... how to put that in a equation for your software?? :)
I hope it helps anyways.

Best regards,
Rob

jeehell
03-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Hi Rob,

If yo declared all your outputs in SIOC creator, they should come ON/OFF when batteries are ON/OFF, I'll check that when I can.

As for the plot you put, I believe it is more related to buffeting and stall speeds?

Regards,
JL

AirFan
04-04-2012, 05:52 AM
Hi JL,

regarding the plot... Well, that' the way how the guys at Lufthansa determine their max. bank. Do you or anybody else knows a different approach for this problem?

Have you checked the ON/OFF BATTERY LED issue?

and once more: the ILS --> I still have problems with the GS capture. After LOC has been captured the AC often remains on the previously set managed altitude i.e. 3000 ft. then the GS passes by but the AC remains at 3000ft. APP and both APs are on.

AND ... Has anyone tried to fly a manual approach just by following the flight director? It seems to be very hard.

Thanks & regards
Rob

jeehell
04-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Hi Rob,

Max bank: I don't remember who, but I had several people reporting different documents with the FMGS internal logics. Just need time to add it :-) . I think your document is about real ACFT flight envelop, not the AP internal limiting law?

battery issue: nope haven't haf the time sorry.

ILGS and GS: did you activate APPR phase in MCDU and pressed APP on FCU (G/S & LOC blue armed in the FMA)? Are you 100% an ILS approach is inserted in the FPLN?

Manual APP: yes, the roll bar is too quick to follow, I will try to work on that.

Oh, and even if there has not been a new version for some time, don't worry I'm still working on it, just need some time to make sure a few things work exactly as I want them.

Cheers,
JL

Airmichel
04-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Hi JL,

on the ND display in my cockpit no waypoints, VOR, NDB and airport displays. what may be the problem?

Is it true that the flight plan in the MCDU is not deleted after the landing?

Greetings Micha

jeehell
04-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Hello,

You may have a problem with the navdata not correctly installed.

As for the FPLN after landing, I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but after landing (30s after touch down to be precise) all FPLN data is wiped out.

Regards,
JL

Airmichel
04-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Hi JL,
thanks for the quick reply.
With me, does not delete the flight plan.
During the installation of AIRAC 1204 I had to delete three airports make it work.
I think the only solution is a new installation.
If I install the software, the settings remain in the
FMGS config and SIOC get?

Greetings Micha

jeehell
04-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Hi,

There is no need to reinstall anything. It won't solve this kind of issues.
Most probable thing is you did not activate the APPR Phase through the MCDU, so the aircraft did not switch to "done phase" when on ground.

If you still want to reinstall, all settings should be kept, but to be sure, just make a backup folder and copy the files if configuration is lost.
As for the AIRAC, the 3 airports you deleted are the same for everyone apparently (I haven't tried the newest cycle yet...)

Cheers,
JL

AirFan
04-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Hi JL,

I have a new issue with the APU bleed... its strange but if I turn off ADR2 on the overhead the APU bleed is instantly gone showing XX. Is that normal?? or did I set anything strange? If I done something wrong do you have any clue how to get rid of this connection?

and.. I found the reason for my ILS problem... Sometimes I forgot to confirm the app phase in the mcdu... btw: what does this confirmation do logicwise?

Thanks & regards
Rob

jeehell
04-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Hello Rob,

Here an excerpt from the FCOM concerning APU bleed value on SD:
"It shows an amber XX when the ADIRS2 is not available or selected OFF" so it's prefectly fine ;)

The APP confirmation in the MCDU switches the FMGS instantly to APPR phase, thus commanding the ATHR to slow down to Vapp, and triggering other functions as well. It is not related at all to the APPR buton on the FCU, which only engages the autopilot appr features (mainly LLZ and GS capture). It is weird though that the aircraft does not pick up the G/S. I will investigate anyway.

Cheers,
JL

AirFan
04-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks for your quick reply! I was just suprised that the ADR2 has an effect on bleed air.

Do you have any idea how I could light up the korry with GWPS and GS on the CPT and FO front panels with SIOC? I could not find this korry in your software.

once more ... Many thanks!!

Regards,
Rob

Airmichel
04-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Hi JL,

I've just made a test flight. The Flight plan will be Erased, the missed approach not. Is that right?
Where can the Flight plan be saved?
The User Guide says, on the side MCDU menu.
I've only LSK1-TCAS, LSK2-EGPWS OFF and LSK4-WX ACARS.
LSK3 is nothing.
As you've written, a new installation has not helped.
No Waypoints, VORs and NDBs.
What is the correct way to install the Airacs?
Is the Problem maybe my Network?
On the first PC is the FS9, FMGS Server, Sound and HardwareConnect.
On the second PC is Cpt PFD and Cpt ND.
On the third PC is Fo PFD, Fo ND, both EFIS, FCU, and Overhead.
On the last PC is the EWD, SD, and both MCDUs.
Can I change something there to make it Work?
I hope you have an idea where the problem is.

Thank you for your help and your fantastic Software
Greetings Micha

jeehell
04-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Hi,

Rob, those korrys are not yet supported in the software, no changes to get them ON for now.

Micha, to save the FPLN you now have to go in the DATA page, then with the L/R arrows go to DATA 2, then PILOT RTES (on the right).
The correct way to install the Navdata is to follow the installer. If there is an error during the process, you need to remove KSFF.xml, KTDO.xml and PHMK.xml from Navigraph levelD files before launcing the import process.
On the client computers on the network, you also need to make sure you installed the software from the installer, not simply a copy from the main computer.

Cheers,
JL

tom19
04-17-2012, 03:13 AM
Hi JL,

I have one feature request for you :) Is there any possibility to get option for ACARS printer? Printing METARS would be nice add...

All for now,

Tommi

jeehell
04-17-2012, 03:15 AM
Hi,

I will look into that when some more important features are working. But I definitely will look into it ;)

JL

Airmichel
04-18-2012, 03:33 AM
Hi JL,

I set up a new PC with PFD and ND. The installation was without error, but still no VORs, NDBs and Waypoints on the ND. What is the Problem now?
Do you have a idea for this Problem?

Greetings Micha

jeehell
04-18-2012, 06:45 AM
Hi,

please give me a list of all the files in you ND navdata1 folders.

JL

AirFan
04-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Hi JL,

I have a question regarding the GPWS. After a touch&go and the retraction of the gear I get the aural warning "too low gear" during climb out. In addition the GPWS is counting up-wards like "10" "20" "30". Shouldn't these callouts only happen during decent. Here I get it both directions. I am not sure about that.

And... a more general questions: How could I change my destination airport in flight? Is there any chance?

Cheers,
Rob

Airmichel
04-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Hello JL,

These are the Files after the installation.

apt.dat
CycleData.txt
earth_fix:dat
earth_nav.dat
NavDB.dll

greeting Micha

jeehell
04-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Hi,

Rob, There are still some issues withthe GPWS that I'm aware of. Already on my to do list. To change your destination in-flight, in the FPLN pages, you need to go to LAT REV page (left LSK) at the point at which you want to divert, then enter the new destination ICAO code in the "NEW DESTINATION field" at right LSK 4.

Micha, these files should be enough. They won't show up at first because the ND needs to load all the navdata in memory, which can take up to a couple minutes if you have a rather old computer, maybe that's your trouble?

Cheers,
JL

Airmichel
04-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Hello JL,

my Computer is a E8500 Dual Core 3.16 GHz with only PFD and ND install.
Is this PC too slow?

greeting Micha

jeehell
04-18-2012, 04:42 PM
It seems to be fine. I did not say the computer was too slow, but in any case, the loading of navdata is not immediate (even on the latest core i7...). So when you switch the VOR or NDB display on the FCU, it might take a couple minutes if the navdata is not yet fully loaded after ND startup.

JL

AirFan
04-19-2012, 07:57 AM
Hello JL,

I found this nice a320 auto land video on youtube... there the 2 APs stay connected after touchdown keeping the A/C right on centerline until they are manually disconnected. Does the AC still use the localizer at the end of the runway to feed the APs?

... just an idea for future enhancements ;)

here is the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIaMALJjOEc

he lands at ~ 7:00min. in the vid.

Cheers,
Rob

btw: I like the ACARS printer idea from Tommi!

Airmichel
04-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Hi JL,
I tested again. If the ND is installed on the PC with the FS9, it does not work well. With an old version of your software, where the AIRAC copiert in the directory of the ND, everything was displayed correkt.
I have no more idea where the problem is.

A little bug.
On landing, the message "Config-Full" is blue and not green.

Greetings Micha

jeehell
04-19-2012, 07:03 PM
Hi,

Micha, try to mix the navdata folders from server and ND?

Rob, this ils planned do note worry, the todo list is quite comprehensive :-) . I believe after 30ft RA all guidance is acheved through inertial references.

Cheers
JL

Airmichel
04-20-2012, 03:28 AM
Hi, JL
What do you mean exactly with mix the navdata folders from server and ND?
I copied the Navdata1 and 2 from the FMGS Server folder , and inserted into the folder of the NDs. Again, no waypoints.
What file needs your software to display waypoints?

Geetings Micha

jeehell
04-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Hello,

Well I meant what you did. This is really weird, I will do some more investigations.

Regards,
JL

jeehell
04-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Micha, try to download this dll and put it in all of your navdata 1&2 folders (FMGS Server and NDs ones):
http://jeehell1.free.fr/NavDB.dll

JL

Airmichel
04-21-2012, 03:01 AM
Hi JL,

I've just made ​​a test flight with the new dll from Munich to Innsbruck. Sorry. still no waypoints.
I am the only one with this problem?
If it is, I reinstall my system for testing, or have you another idea?

Greetings Micha

jeehell
04-21-2012, 10:54 AM
I will do some more tests, give me some time please.

Airmichel
04-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Hi JL,
you have all the time you need. I am very glad that you react as quickly and well on our would wash. many thanks for that. Your software is great.

greetings micha

jeehell
04-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Ok try the following:
copy all files from FMGS Server\Navdata1 to FMGS Server\Navdata2
Then copy all files from FMGS Server\Navdata1 to ND\Navdata1
Then copy all files from ND\Navdata1 to ND\Navdata2

JL

Airmichel
04-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi JL,

BINGO! That's it. Waypoints, VORs and NDBs are displayed.
When I install new Airacs, I have to copy the "NAV1" folder in all directories.
Is that correct?

Thanks again for your great help.
A happy Micha from Germany

jeehell
04-22-2012, 12:04 PM
OK good, I will try to correct this behavior for next version.
For now yes, that's the easiest thing to do.

Cheers,
JL

AirFan
04-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Hello JL,

And again... I have some questions/notes:

1. Have you had time yet to check the korry states when BATTS are switched back to off?

2. After landing with autobreak the AC keeps breaking even after pushing and releasing brake override. You can still read "break" in FSX even autobreak should be off. Is that normal or supposed to be that way?

3. When APs are off and I exceed any flap or gear extended speed ... is there no master caution or warning?

Looking forward for your next release :)

Regards,
Rob

jeehell
04-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Hello Rob,

1 Not yet, I hope to do that before releaseing B25
2 It should be corrected in B25
3 if you are 6 knots overspeed, the MW should ring. There should be an overspeed aural sound, but not yet modeled. I'll check all that maybe for B25.

I hope to release B25 in a couple weeks, after some holydays most welcomed ;-)

Cheers,

JL

AirFan
04-26-2012, 04:02 AM
Hello JL,

hm? Thats strange... I don't get any MW due to overspeed. All it does is disconnecting AP and rolling the AC back to level when it exceeds this margin, not allowing the AC to keep any bank with center stick. Maybe you can have a look.

...again some remarks:

1. I noticed that the target Mach speed can be set to Mach>10. I assume it should be limited to a certain value like you've done it with max altitude of 45kft... I have not checked the max. target speed in kts.

2. I guess the N/W steering should be blocked when hydraulics are off. And for some reason...the NW can be controlled by ailerons when the AC is taxing. I quickly checked my settings but could not find a double definition. Any idea?

3. gear extention shouldn't be possible in high speed

4. I think I mentioned it before: The flap position indicator should hide the white dots when the AC is in clean config.

5. Ensure that lateral flight path sections are always tagential at there connecting waypoints on ND. BTW: Is a shown arc dependent on speed?

6. and... thats just an idea for later enhancements... maybe you can add some sort of small randomizer to some of the values displayed on the SD. I think of a 3% margin of the actual value. So the SD displays are not ALWAYS so perfectly symetrical and allow small & REAL!! mismatches like in fuel consumption, vibration, electrical power... But thats just an idea for "nice to have".

I know there are 100 more issues which are more important ... like correct & reliable V-NAV and the corrected time estimations for all waypoint and arrival... and many more :) Well, its just an idea...

Thats it for now... JL, enjoy your holidays!

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
05-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Hi Rob,

If there is no MW, then it's not implemented yet, I'll do it when I add the aural OVSPD warning.
Concerning your other remarks:
1. I noticed recently, will do something about it (next version if I don't forget)
2. hydraulics are not completely linked to the simulator yet. As for the N/W moving the ailerons, you most probably left the auto rudder feature in FS realism options. Note that it's not possible in FS to have a tiller axis which steers the N/W but not the rudder.
5. The arc is dependent on ground speed. It's not always tangential, but as you can probably guess, the maths is not easy to get accurately AND CPU efficient at the same time.
6. I have a lot of systems to improve on the SD, this will come at the same time.

I always appreciate inputs, so feel free to post them ;)

Cheers,
JL

AirFan
05-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Hi JL,

here are some more things I noticed:

1. spoilers on Fight Controls SD: the upward-arrows should be visible when each of the spoiler is defected by >2.5deg. So when you do a very smooth roll input, I assume you should see the spoilers coming up one after another... and I am not sure but I think only spoilers # 5 to #2 are affected by roll in normal law.

2. Speed brake extension is inhibited in following cases:
− SEC 1 and 3 fault
− Elevator L or R fault ( in this case only SPLR 3 &4 are inhibited )
− Angle of attack protection is active
− In FLAPS FULL configuration ( A319 A320 ) or FLAPS 3 position (A321)

If speed brakes are extended, they automatically retract and kept retracted until inhibition condition disappears and lever reset.

3. ground spoilers: I am not sure but I think the ground spoilers autoretract if you exceed 20% throttle set... maybe somebody can confirm.

4. what you could add: rudder trim option

5. The max. bank should be 45deg at high alpha. Unfortunately I dont know how airbus defines a high AOA condition. maybe in alpha prot?

6. I have not tried but have you considered the rudder limiter which allows 25deg below 160kts and 3.5deg rudder deflection above 380kts? I can send you a picture of the function inbetween. Its not linear.

7. And something different and really really NOT important :): Do you know why the gear retraction/extraction animation is not as smooth as on some other planes? I just noticed it in the outside view of the idfg... same with the schematic animation on the SD.

8. regarding the tangential paths on ND ... I assume its not easy to check while keeping the code CPU efficient...but on the other hand its just not nice to load a SID or STAR and have some strange curves on the final even all waypoints are on RWY track. Maybe your algoryhm should be based on curvature. If you need help for algorythm brainstroming... drop me a line.

9. Hydraulics: I have not done many tests... but as you said its not very detailed yet. I assume, a first step would be that you can not control some of the surfaces without any hydraulics. second step would be a spilt of the systems wrt to the hydraulic systems G,B,Y. so an aileron stops working if 2 of the 3 systems fails... and the third step would be to change details like changing the color of the rudder on the flight control page on the SD from green to amber if all 3 systems fail...

BTW: I just think of the flight model if for example only some spoilers are working ... that means the max. drag would need to be reduced... oh man, it's getting complicated... :)

I am getting excited about B25 :)

Thanks JL,
Rob

jeehell
05-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Hi,

Some of your proposal will be very difficult to add because of FS limitations. For instance, you cannot control left or right spoilers separately, not to mention separate spoilers on each wing. It is possible to cheat a bit (like extending the spoilers halfway when half of the spoilers shold be full etc...), but this can still be very limiting. A few more remarks:

1. #2 to #5 for roll: should be added in B25 (if I remember correctly...)
2. Will add that at a later stage.
3. Just read the FCOm, it's during touh & go, they retract if one THR LVR is advanced at 20° or more (not %N1 but actual THR LVR position)
4. Will add that at a later stage.
5. Only normal law ias available for now, I will add some more limitations to the FBW later
6. Will add that at a later stage.
7. No idea, maybe because it's an old external model for FS2004...
8. If you have knowledge in that area, I'm interested, email or PM me please!!
9. Will add that at a later stage. Here again the loss of one system will be hard to reflect on the governs without cheating.

Cheers,
JL

AirFan
05-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Hello JL,

Sorry, I am not a pro in the area of trajectory planning :(

but I've done some more testing wrt the flight path trajectory --> I am not 100% sure but I noticed that the arcs which don't end tangentially to the next linear track only occur in turn-cases > 90deg. So I assume you have different approaches to calculate the path depending on the turn angle. For waypoints with angles <90deg I could not see any problems. Was that coincidence? Maybe only a part of your path algorythm needs some tuning?

I also checked the strange arcs after selecting a SID. Usually there is this waypoint on Runway Track @ lets say at 1500ft and i.e. 3NM from runway. Lets call it Waypoint -A-. Now insert a SID in which a waypoint -B- occurs which is between the waypoint -A- and the runway (like at 2NM from runway).
Now the FMGS will consider the path from runway to WP -A- at 3NM and back to -B- at 2NM before continuing correctly with the SID.
Did you get what I mean or should I take a screenshot of the ND??
Where is this waypoint -A- coming from? Is -A- the same WP you have when selecting "NO SID"? How is this waypoint defined? Or is it NAV data related?

Thank you!
Rob

jeehell
05-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Hello Rob,

I think a screenshot would help here :-)
Also, the navdata from leveld is probably not the best one. I'm trying to get another navdata format (from navigraph, as they are the only ones on the market anyway), but this is not an easy thing, as most payware addons have their own database format and do not release the format specs. I plan to add full ARINC424 support in B26 or B27 if I can get find a suitable navdata. This transition will also take a long time to code, but should be really worth it.

Cheers,
JL

AirFan
05-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Hi JL,

Sorry for the confusing... so again--> here are two screenshots of the problem. When you select a runway on the depature page, FMGS will show a WAYPOINT -A-. Even you have not selected any SID.
If you select a SID like shown on the second screenshot you see that the path is wrong. I guess the Waypoint -A- shouldnt be there. My question was: What does this artificial WP -A- represent/ how is it defined? Did you get my issue now regarding wrong path trajectories on SIDs? :)

Could you please explain the difference of white and green waypoints shown on ND?

I like you ARINC protocol support and I can imagine that all the payware providers keep their lips tight wrt their Navformat. :(

Thanks and regards,
Rob

jeehell
05-09-2012, 01:56 PM
What you call waypoint A is indeed automatically added when you only select a departure RWY without SID. However, in your second screenshot, this WPT has been deleted (you can see that because it is not at the same distance on the ND). In this case, it's the navdata which contains this succession of waypoints. It would be interesting to look at the chart for this SID, the WPT B might be there for real, and in the same sequence order.

Cheers,
JL

AirFan
05-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Hi,

How is "your" "auto-WP" defined in terms of runway distance and altiude in case you dont select any SID/STAR?

So for my example ...here is the actual chart. The loaded SID would match the real thing except that this first "1900" waypoint? this point does NOT exist on the attached chart. I also just took a look into the original *.xml Navdata file. Now I got it! This wrong point does NOT come from your software. I thought its some sort of wrong auto point from your software. So its LevelD related.

BTW: I just noticed that the Navdata contains max. Bank. Could that be considered in B3XX? ;)

My currently used Navdata is pretty old (June 2010). Can somebody else check this stupid behaviour with this strange "1900" waypoint i.e. at EDDM 08L Anker ... whoever has a newer Navdata version? Fritz? Tom? :)

Regards,
Rob

jeehell
05-09-2012, 02:48 PM
It is defined as the point you'd pass at 1500ft after departure, so the software takes VS of around 2000ft/min after the end of rwy to calculate it. I'm sure it's not duplicated in the SID, which must have a wrong wpt in it. I will try to look at it, which airac do you use? (or maybe email me your EDDM.SID.txt file).
Edit: I did not read your post carefully enough sorry:oops:
Then its leveld/navigraph fault. The max bank inside leveld's data is not related to the max bank feature we discussed earlier. This will come in B26, if everything goes smooth.

JL

AirFan
05-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Hi JL,
I just took a more detailed look at the nav file. All of the SIDs (at least at EDDM) contain this strange "1900" point as 1st WP. I assume its also some sort of auto point for LEVEL D in case you dont select any SID??? No clue. But the points are still shown even their lat&long positions are both zero.

<Latitude>0.000000</Latitude>
<Longitude>0.000000</Longitude>

but the type is:

<Type>ConstHdgtoAlt</Type>

I am aware that this waypoint defined max bank does not define the max. possible bank of the 320 depending on altitude, mach and alpha.

Is it possible to exclude this type of "ConstHdgtoAlt" waypoint and only keep the "normal" ones? Or to check the angle from 1st to 2nd waypoint. if its 180deg... exclude it... ???

Where else do you use this type of WP?

Rob

jeehell
05-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Hi,

The ConstHdgtoAlt wpt means the acft keeps runway axis until reaching the altitude defined for the wpt, here 1900ft. The problem with this kind of WPT is that it's hard to know exactly at what rate the acft will climb... and some SID really needs this kind of WPT as well. For now, I suggest you manually delete the point when it's obvious it's not where it's supposed to be...

Cheers,
JL

jeehell
05-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Hello,

The version B25 is now available for download here (http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B25.2.exe)
I mainly worked on the network communication side of the software and on other inner workings of the soft, which should slightly increase performance and stability.
Please note the appearance of WideFMGS and WideFMGSserver applications, required for the networking.
Also, you need to manually re-install the FS aircraft and the fonts provided in the package.

Best regards,
Jean Luc

jeehell
05-11-2012, 09:23 AM
hi all,

please note the new version is available here:
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/24612-A320-FMGS-beta-25

Cheers,
JL

AirFan
05-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Thanks! Unfortunately, I can't try it before Sunday :( But I am excited!!

2 things for B24 anyways which you might want to add on your todo list:

- even the GPWS has not been touched on the OH and being OFF, I still get the callouts. Is that normal??
- the APU should shut down when DC power loss (BATs OFF when airplane on batteries only) and the Fault light on the APU switch should come ON

Thank you, JL!

Rob

jeehell
05-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Hi Rob,

There are some issues with GPWS/EGPWS warning, it is on my to do lsit already.
As for the APU, I will add that to the to do list thx!

JL

tom19
05-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Hi JL,

and thanks about new version!
Found that wide FMGS... Momentary blindness got me ;)
I still can't get this working on my network...

Regards,
Tommi

jeehell
05-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Hi,

After installing on the server computer, the WideFMGSserver.exe file should be located in FMGS\WideFMGS folder.
On the client computers you should have only WideFMGS.exe;
If you launch with the starter, it should launch the WideFMGS (server and client) automatically?

Check the starter.ini has this entry on Server PC:
wideFMGSserver=yes
wideFMGS=no

and on Clients PC:
wideFMGSserver=no
wideFMGS=yes

JL

tom19
05-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Hi!

When starting WideFMGS.exe I get this error message:

Address already in use (#10048 in Bind)

When clicking OK, starts WideFMGS...

Tommi

jeehell
05-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Hi,

Ig it says address already in use then either WideFMGSserver is already running or another software uses one of the ports declared.
Does it wor anyway on the client PC??

JL

ToTom
05-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Today I had the same problem
(Address already in use (#10048 in Bind))
while running the first time (the main computer with FSX). I did a restart of the main PC and the problem disappeared. Now everything works fine.

tom19
05-12-2012, 03:46 AM
Hi JL,

yes, WideFMGS works on client PCs but I can't get displays working. I'll try to use different ports if it helps...

Tommi

EDIT:
Changed ports to 8100 and 8101 and now it's working.
Thanks and regards,

Tommi

jeehell
05-12-2012, 05:54 AM
Hmm ok.

I will maybe change the default port again to 8003 and 8004, apparently those never had any conflict in previous version of my soft!

JL

tom19
05-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Hi Again JL,

I'm sorry that I complain all the time but there seem to be about 5 sec delay in commands. For example when I enter some values to MCDU it take 4 to 5 seconds before it shoes on display. Same with thrust levers...

Tommi

jeehell
05-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Hi

Try to close the sound module. Also avoid to use the WPT/VOR/NDB display on the ND.
What is the configuration of your setup?(which soft on which computer)

JL

jeehell
05-12-2012, 12:33 PM
A small update to correct sound module issues, and also the flight model which you need to reinstall again:
http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B25.01.exe

Cheers,
JL

tom19
05-13-2012, 05:06 AM
Hi JL,

turned off sound module, no change at first but after few minutes it seems to be little smmother.
There is long warming up time :)

My config is following:
PC1 (W7, 64bit, FS9) Overhead soft
PC2 (XP) PFD & ND & MCDU
PC3 (XP) EWD & SD

Tommi

jeehell
05-13-2012, 05:37 AM
Hi

Is it smooth enough or still lagging too much?
Can you check the CPU usage when its lagging to know where the problem might be?

JL

tom19
05-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Hi JL,

I think it is smooth enough. And after restart of computer, it feels better right after start.
WideFMGS is disconnecting between server and clients every now and then. Maybe lagging is caused by that?

Tommi

jeehell
05-13-2012, 10:44 AM
The lagging might be caused by that, but I think it's more because one of the software is not running fast enough (because of CPU?) and puts "stress" on widefmgs which requires a feedback from the instruments to work properly. So if the feedback is taking too long, the WideFGMS "freezes" until it gets it, and cannot update other variables at the same time.
I'm looking into a way to change the coordination process between the apps.

JL

tom19
05-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Just finished short test flight - everything worked perfectly. Lagging stopped when I started the SIOC 4.1! Strange... Will keep testing.

Regards,

Tommi

jeehell
05-13-2012, 01:25 PM
OK, very interesting fact!
I will look at that.

JL

AirFan
05-14-2012, 05:47 AM
Hi JL,

Just tried B25.1 last night... since one of my computer broke down I was not able to test the new networking capabilities. However what I noticed is that my Skalarki FCU is not working anymore. I am not sure if it my fault or not but have you changed any offsets for the barometric altitude options and the HDG/VS - TRK/FPA modes? I.e. I got the problem that the hardware FCU shows HDG/VS mode while your soft is in TRK/FPA. I never get them to be in the same mode?

And... I have not installed any new font, however it seems to show the correct font? Doesnt it take the font from B24 as it also keeps all previous settings??? I am confused.

Regards,
Rob

flyinghorse
05-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Hello,

i added a analoge Axis with SIOC-Creator an then i got an error " "" ist not a valid integer Value" from A320 Server. What can be wrong.

With regards
Helmut

jeehell
05-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Hi

Rob: I will look at the offsets, I changed a couple things which can impact the behaviour of some offsets. Can you otherwise use the other function of the FCU?
Concerning the font, it's not a big deal, only a few characters changed from previous version (not a complete rework). The problem is the installer cannot update an already existing font, so you need to install it manually (i.e. copy the fonts to c:\windows\fonts).

Helmut: I will look at that.

Regards,
JL

AirFan
05-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Last night I just tested it for an hour or so... but the rest like SPD, HDG, VS and the managed/selected options seem to work ok. I just noticed issue with the HDG/TRK mode which now seem to be inverse with the hardware FCU. The barometric pressure options seem to be different... both hardware EFIS now show complete rubbish. Except the "STD" -pull remains working.

Thanks for explaining the font-thing :)

Regards,
Rob

jeehell
05-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Rob, please try this dll (put it in hardware modules folder in place of the old one):
http://www.jeehell.org/FSUIPCmodule.dll

JL

AirFan
05-14-2012, 12:46 PM
once again ... Thanks! I hope I'll be able to try it tonight since I might be home very late. Otherwise you get the feedback tomorrow.

Rob

Marcus
05-14-2012, 01:30 PM
I also have the problem with " "" is not a valid integer value. " error from A320 Server. It seems to always pop-up two at a time, and keeps popping up about every minute. They stopped when I closed Hardware Connect. EDIT: I see now that I actually have 2 analog axis from SIOC creator..

Also have trouble with ITTcreator.exe it works on the main PC (Win 7x64 running FS9), but on neither of the two client computers running XP sp3x32 and Win 7x32 it says it "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on Ok to terminate the application."

Also having some trouble with our FDS FCU wich wont show any displays. The inputs still works thou.

Best regards
Marcus

tom19
05-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Hi JL,

two more test flight behind. Minor lagging but nothing too bad.
Here is a picture of strange values on N1 display:

Regards,

Tommi

jeehell
05-14-2012, 05:14 PM
Hi

For those having difficulties with FDS modules, please try this DLL (overwrite the one in hardware modules folder):
http://www.jeehell.org/JeeHell_IIT.dll

Marcus, you say you have 2 analog axis from SIOC Creator, did you declare them or they "appeared" without you wanting them? Also, I tested IITcreator on an XP sp3 32 bits without troubles. Maybe you miss the file interfaceIT.dll?

Cheers,
JL

flyinghorse
05-14-2012, 11:56 PM
I also have the problem with " "" is not a valid integer value. " error from A320 Server. It seems to always pop-up two at a time, and keeps popping up about every minute. They stopped when I closed Hardware Connect. EDIT: I see now that I actually have 2 analog axis from SIOC creator..

Best regards
Marcus

I have is exactly the same error,

@Jeehell,
what did you mean with "declaire" a Axis? I have used the Nisc-Tab in SIOC-Creator. Klick "Axis1", use Input, Device, Left, center, right and "Apply Configuration". Now i have this in the SIOC-Script.

With regards
Helmut

Marcus
05-15-2012, 02:24 AM
The two analog axis (flaps & slats) I declared myself in previous versions, also tried to re-configure all axis in FMGS creator, but didnt help.

I cant remember if the interfaceIT.dll were missing, if I try to rename it and start it says that specific .dll is missing. Due to the FCU going blank I temporairly switched back to B24.1 and also recieved the same error on the two clients when trying to open ITTcreator. Also tried to install .NET 4 on the clients, since only the server had it installed, but didnt help.

Next time I'll be at the sim is on Sunday, will have a lock then probably. Will try that JeeHell_ITT.dll as well.

Marcus

AirFan
05-15-2012, 03:23 AM
6648Hello,

here some feedback for the new fsuipcmodule.dll...
To be honest, I am still a bit confused: I exchanged the dll's in hardware modules folder... The TRK/HDG mode issue was gone. After a short period I somehow managed to get the old behaviour --> TRK/HDG mode was again inverse on soft and hardware. So I loaded the old dll again and then the new one again... since then I didnt have any problems with HDG/TRK. So I hope it's solved :)

For Barometric pressure: It seems to work but if I switch units from 1013 to 29.92 HG I cant change the value with the decoder. The 29.92 are displayed but as I turn the decoder in any direction rubbish apprears on soft and hardware.. but only when in HG. It works in hPa units. And the QFE/QNH LED outputs are not working... but I have not even tried them with B24.1

Rest of FCU works as it should. Execept the EXPED function has a strange behaviour. I cant turn it off (not in soft nor hardware) and it locks strange on FMA. EXPED and i.e. VS +500 are overlapping an shown at the same time. So I guess the "EXPED" word does not disapprear on FMA. However, new Vertical Modes are just put above the "EXPED" wording. See attached pic.

Now to the good things which should be mentioned as well: I really like the new flight model. It seems to be smoother in pitch and roll. What have you changed??? I also noticed you changed the schematic spoilers on SD, you added reasonable max/min values on the FCU. The APs remain ON after Autoland and the AC does some automatic steering (it does not keep on centerline though) ... all VERY NICE!!!

I am looking forward to try the new network apps.
Thank you!!

Rob

AirFan
05-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Hello again,

I have to correct myself: Just turn on the software and hardware FCU... AGAIN... HDG/TRK mode is always inverse.
In addition I tried to use the network... I can't get it to run.
The WideFMGS keeps connecting/disconnecting on both ports 8003/8004 on the client pc. The display stay blacks :(
Strange... I used port 8003 successfully with B24.1 in this setup.

Regards,
Rob

jeehell
05-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Hi,

OK I found the issue with the SIOC axis. I will make the correction tomorrow if I find the time to upload etc...

Rob, I will try to check with Skalarki what might be the problem. As for the networking issue, it can be caused by firewall settings or bad configuration (like wrong IP address by mistake). Most people seem to be able to use it without issues??
Can you try to shut down the sound module and the hardware module? it might be another cause.

Cheers,
JL

flyinghorse
05-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Hi,

OK I found the issue with the SIOC axis. I will make the correction tomorrow if I find the time to upload etc...

Cheers,
JL

Hello JL,

sounds good.

WR
Helmut

AirFan
05-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Hi JL,

after hours of searching I ve to admit that I was too stupid. I checked the Firewall several time. For some reason I have not seen that the Server has been set blocked. Now it works on the network. I am really sorry!
Anyhow, do you know the reason why it keeps connecting so often which then leads to an update of the FMA and the white boxes i.e. on PFD... even I have not touched anything? Is it CPU related? My current client is VERY old :)
Thanks for contacting Marcin wrt FCU issues :)

Rob

jeehell
05-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Hi,

even if it disconnects then reconnects every now and then, it should'nt update the FMA, I will try to look at that. Do you have fluidity issues on the network clients?

JL

SimStar001
05-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Hello Jean Luc,

today I want to update the FMGS Software from Version B21 to B25. New is the Installer. But I am not clear about some new things and do not know how to install it correct.

1. What are the new executable fors? :FSUIPCconnect, WideFMGSserver?
2. Installation of NavData Base doesnt work in Installer?

I do not found any documentation in the manual according new executables or new installation process. Can you give me some help pls how to do?

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards Marco

AirFan
05-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Hi JL,

Well... it keeps disconnecting quite often. ~ every 30 - 60 seconds. After reconnecting all the active FMA modes are boxed again...
I also noticed something on the ND. sometimes I see the red words as if the IRS has not been aligned. Buts thats just like a flash for a few milliseconds. Really really quick!! but as I said... this intermediate computer is very old... its an old Pentium4 which also tends to bluescreen once in a while.
If nobody else has this issue dont waste your time. I guess the FCU issues are a more general problem :)

To answer your question --> Based on this old PC its runs fluid enough!

BTW: Have you changed anything in the flight model? I like it! Was it coincidence or did you introduce this overspeed auto pitch-up? :)

Regards,
Rob

jeehell
05-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Hi,

To all: the newest version is available here: here (http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B25.02.exe)
Corrects bugs in all hardware modules (SIOC, FDS,CPFlight,FSUIPC).

Rob: every 30-60s is still acceptable. Only the fact that FMA modes change and IRS flag show up is strange, I will investigate. it can be related to the fact you PC is old but it means it can happen on any computer every now and then...
The new flight model is great indeed, it's Tomek, one helpful user, who did it actually. We owe him big thanks! The OVSPD pitch up has been around for some time now, at least B23 I think?

Marco: FSUIPC connect is the software responsible for getting simulator data out of FS9/FSX and direct it to all the instruments. WideFMGSserver is used as server software for network communication of my software, only needed if you use everal computers. It works in conjunction with WideFMGS on each client PC.
Whatever your configuration, FSUIPCconnect MUST be launched on the computer running FS and FMGS server.
WideFMGSserver must be run ONLY on the FMGSserver computer (IF you use a network)
WideFMGS must be run ON EACH clients (IF you use a network)
I have tried the ProcImport of the navdata with the installer, and it worked?? Did it give any error message?

Regards,
JL

flyinghorse
05-17-2012, 05:11 AM
Hello JL,

now it's okay, no errormassage anymore.

But I have the following problem. I have a 2 PC's config. On PC 1 runs FSX, FMGS-Server, WideFMGS-Server. On PC 2 runs all displays, WideFMGS, HW-Connect and SIOC-Connect. I declared 4 Axis to used for Throttle 1 and 2, Flaps and spoilers.
When i would calibrate this axis in FMGS-Config on PC 1 it isnt possible to select the axis.
What have i forgotten or isnt it possible to use SIOC-axis from PC2 on PC1?
With regards
Helmut

tom19
05-17-2012, 05:11 AM
Hi,

To all: the newest version is available here: here (http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B25.02.exe)
Corrects bugs in all hardware modules

Hi JL,

and thanks! After update my set up worked like a dream!
No lagging or blinking. And autobrake worked as well ;-)

Tommi

stefangr
05-17-2012, 10:05 AM
WideFMGS must be run ON EACH clients (IF you use a network)

Hi Jean-Luc,

I have just installed V25/2 replacing V24. I have the issue that the displays on the 2nd PC on the network (not the FS PC) remain dark and do not connect to the "A320 Server" (says "not connected"). I have double checked the IP and also switched off firewalls for testing, but no change.

On the FS PC I am running wideFMGS (which is visible because of the window with the same name), on the 2nd PC I have edited the Starter.ini, saying:
wideFMGS=yes
wideFMGSserver=no

Is that correct? How can I check if wideFMGS is running OK on the 2nd PC? There is obviously no window opening up for that.

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
05-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Hi Stefan,

your starter.ini on the client is correct. Please check that you have a file called "WideFMGS.exe" inside your FMGS\WideFMGS" folder. If yes, and it does not run (same window as on the server in fact), then run it manually to check it works.

JL

stefangr
05-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Hi Jean-Luc,

within the folder WideFMGS there are only these files:
- WideFMGSserver.exe
- widefmgs.ini
(and on the FS PC some files like GENMAPsxx.txt)

So obviously the WideFMGS.exe is missing, on both PCs actually. Would a reinstall help?

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
05-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Did you ever install the FMGS server on your client PC?
Try to uninstall the software on the client PC, and reinstall it.
The Server files (FMGS Server, AP/FBW, FSUIPCconnect, FMGS config) must not be installed on any client, afterwards the installer may believe it to be a server PC, not a client!

JL

stefangr
05-17-2012, 10:40 AM
OK, that's looking better now!

In fact I installed every item on the client as well. Wanted to be sure that nothing's missing lateron :-)

So I have uninstalled everything on the client and re-installed it, without "FMGS Server AP/FBW" and "FSUIPC support" and it's looking good now. Thanks!

Stefan

stefangr
05-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Unfortunately I am still having problems...

- I am having significant lags between moving controls (throttle, flaps) and showing the change on the EWD. Controls are connected to FS PC, EDW is running on client.
- MCDU is not usable right now: It shows up fine, but clicking any button most times does not show any reaction, maybe in 1 of 20 cases I click, the MCDU screen changes accordingly
- On FS-PC the wideFMGS window shows "connected" and "disconnected", changing approx. once per second. From the feeling I get, it shows longer "disconnected" until it shows "connected" again. Maybe this is the reason for all the other problems I am having?
- On the A320 server window none of the displays on the client PC is showing as connected, they are all "Not connected". But in fact they are, because they react on inputs (like throttle etc., but with significant delay).
- From time to time the displays on the client seem to refresh completely, means getting dark and showing up again. This happens approx. once a minute or so.

I have already changed the ports being used by WideFMGS, but this did not help.

Thanks
Stefan

adonismartinez
05-17-2012, 07:00 PM
Hi stefangr

What you describe seems more like an intermittent data stream in your network or a firewall interference. I had a similar issue and when I disabled the windows firewall, plus security setting form bla bla bla antivirus things went better and my widefmgs showed everything as connected.

Also maybe your computer may be running low in memory, try running a memory cleaner or remove starting up software, something like combofix may help.

Regards
Adonis

stefangr
05-18-2012, 01:53 AM
I have already had several tries with switching off firewall and virus application check without any change, but I will try once more.

In the meantime I have reverted back to B24 which is working without any problems on my system. No delays in display, immediate response, all modules show up as "connected" within the A320 server. At the moment I prefer to work with B24.

Stefan

AirFan
05-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Hi JL,

some things for your list :)

1. I know you limited the radius to show ALL WPTs ... but when in PLAN mode the reference is still the AC not the shown/selected waypoint. That means in Plan mode and far away from the AC no WPTs are shown.

2. since B25 the outputs for both TERR-ON-ND are not working

Regards
Rob

jeehell
05-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Hi,

1. Ah yes forgot that detail
2. Which module? FSUIPCmodule or any other hardware module?

JL

AirFan
05-18-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi,

I am using FSUIPC 4.823 and your SIOC creator to work with the OC hardware... As you know there you can define upper and lower korry outputs IDs. I still can define it but the outputs dont light up when pressing the button. Thats only for the 2 TERR ON ND korries. It worked well it B24.
I guess , not that important for now :)

Rob

jeehell
05-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Ok I will look at the SIOCmodule why it does no longer work for the TERR ON ND outputs. Thanks

JL

immaging
05-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Hi JL.
I'm a new user to Your best soft.

I install the B25 rel. no problem!
But i've 2 question.

1- SD Display - When with shift+E, Fs command open door correctly, but SD Door page not Display the door state ( a320 model are correct)
2- ND display - the Tcas mode not display the Traffic.

I forgot something ?

Best Regards

Daniele

jeehell
05-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Hi,

1. I disabled this feature until further notice, because I'm not happy with the way FS handles the door system.
2. TCAS has been temporarily removed as well. I hope to have it again in next major version.

Regards,
JL

immaging
05-19-2012, 05:34 AM
Hi JL ,

Tanks For the reply.

Regards

Daniele

jeehell
05-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Hi all,

I finished another update:available here (http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B25.1.exe)
It should correct most issues people have with the software running in a network environment (sounds, autobrakes, screens blanks or flashing) and also hopefully the lag people experience.

Feedback welcomed on those issues!

Cheers
JL

tom19
05-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi JL,

two flights with new update:

After landing I get this alarm, "FLAPS NOT IN T. O CONFIG". Before there was MW blinking and I could turn it of by pressing the MW button (via SIOC) but it is not working anymore. Also noticed that TCAS STBY-text won't disappear from EWD display anymore when turning it to mode C via SIOC.

The good news are that there was no blinking or lagging.

Tommi

AirFan
05-20-2012, 06:29 AM
Hi,

thats all very strange... with the previous version B25.02 I didnt have any lagging trouble expect the flashing and constant FMA updates even on an old &slow PC. Just installed B25.1... Now even on my I7 on which the server & FSX runs the MCDU lags so much that I cant use it anymore. Plus, the hardware is not working correct... SIOC is also running on this machine and sometimes I have to press the buttons/switches twice. BUT the TERR-ON-ND outputs are back on :)
whats also strange... I tried the network. On my 2nd PC (the old one) the PFD & ND remain black. however I can control their brightness with a poti connected to PC1. But they remain black???

And now I get "Check range error" for CPT ND on the client PC.

So my personal feedback for 25.1: Currently not flyable :(

Cheers,
Rob

EDIT: Have you changed anything wrt OPEN GL? Independent of this big lagging issue on my main machine I have the impression that my 2nd PC shows only black DUs because of some open GL issue. It is connected an I can e.g. change values of the FCU via network... only the DUs remain back.
However... the lagging with the new version mains :(

jeehell
05-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Tommi, I will look at these small issues.

Rob: can you try to launch the software manually instead of using the starter?
I will try to make another update tonight.
Edit: no I did not change the openGL thing at all, I'm sure this is caused by bad network communication due to my soft.

Regards,
JL

jeehell
05-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Good night gentlemen...

Here a last try for today/tonight :lol:
download here (http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B25.2.exe)

I'll wait for your feedback (positive AND negative).

Cheers,
JL

SimStar001
05-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Hello JL,

some questions about settings for networking your software:
My PC configuration:

PC 1: IP 192.168.2.22 FO PC (NDFO, PFDFO, MCDU Captain, FlightControls Captain)
PC 2: IP 192.168.2.23 Captain PC (ND, PFD, FCU, FCUFO, Sound)
PC 3: IP 192.168.2.21 Laptop runing FSX

is it possible to run the Server on PC3 and get the inputs of FlightControls from PC1?
I need to run FSX on a seperate PC and all Inputs and Outputs as well as flight controls are handled by Cockpit PCs 1 and 2.
So is there any chance or way to get the flightcontrols working over the network?
If not will you be able to implement it?

Best regards!

Marco

jeehell
05-21-2012, 08:58 AM
Hello,

It's not possible to install Server +AP/FBW on another computer than FS, for performance reason: these software need realtime input from FS to get the position, speed, heading,etc, as quickly as possible and send back ailerons,elevators,rudder, thrust commands.
Network support of flight controls is not yet possible (unless you use SIOC axis, but I guess you want to use regular joysticks).
I can add network support for flight controls, but it will take some time (i.e. at least a month from now) as I have a lot of work in progress in other areas of the software.
Another solution is to run a very light version of FS on computer 1 for example (all graphics settings to minimum), let it even run in the task bar (so it will take even less cpu) and use wideview to link to your laptop for the visual.

Regards,
JL

SimStar001
05-21-2012, 09:47 AM
If you will be able to implement networking inputs (joysticks) for flight controls, including TQ as well would be fine...

thanks a lot!

marco

SimStar001
05-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Hello JL,

its me again. I installed and configured now all network PCs with newest Version B25.2. FMGS Server installed on Laptop runing FS and Flight Controls conneted to Laptop.
There are some problems now...

Moving Joystick, displaying movement in SD is very very intial.

I am using Marcins FCU, EFIS, MCDU and Pedestal components, which are controlled by his own profiler software. But now after updating your software nothing is working. All components are ok. Hardwareconnect is runing on Server PC(Laptop)

As well same problem with FDS Software. Before Update it worked but now nothing happens.... What to do?

Best Regards!

Marco

jeehell
05-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Moving Joystick, displaying movement in SD is very very intial.
Sorry I don't understant that?

There must be a problem within the hardwareconnect sotfware.
Did you install any library not intended for FSUIPC (Marcin's...) or FDS support? Such as SIOC or CPFlight modules?
Did you try to manually close and restart hardware connect?
Does FMGS server show all client modules as connected? Did you try to use software FCU/OVHD to see if everything works software wise?

JL

SimStar001
05-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Hello,

On server all modules are connected.
Testing FCU Software works over the network.
Any idea?

jeehell
05-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Did you try to manually close and restart hardware connect?
Please switch on the log feature in hardware connect (only for the switches), and tell me if there is any answer when you use FDS hardware?

JL

SimStar001
05-21-2012, 01:32 PM
i configured now on client PC1 the FDS Module via IIT_Creator.exe

I defined some buttons for Test and this buttons working via network... (So i guess i do not need the IT Software including to the board enymore?)

But no response to Marcins Profiler Software...

Best Regards! Marco

AirFan
05-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Hi JL,

some feedback for b25.2:

- the reallly bad lagging on my main machine is gone ... now it's smooth again

- @ Marco: I also use the Marcin FCU: In general the Marcins profiler works with b25.2. But there are some detailed issues which need to be solved. However, I am able to dail speed, HDG... etc. Marcin wanted to provide an update "ASAP". I use profiler 2.1.

- for networking: I can confirm Marcos impression. Its very slow now. The throttle set on EWD move very slowly on client PC. (hardware throttle connected to main server/FSX PC)

- if I have 2 EWDs open (one on server and one on client) the client shows something different. On client is shows HYD B+G LOW PRESSURE with all the flight limits... even HDY is available... the EWD on server shows correct status and NO warnings about HYD.

- since b25.1 all my DUs on my old Pc (except the EWD) remain black??? Any Idea? I guess its my personal problem but do you have any idea what could be the reason that only the EWD is shown on my old client pc? I have tried to start them seperately and without the starter ... without success.

EDIT: I have just removed the complete FMGS "version mix" from my client and reinstalled B25.2. Could it be that the WideFMGS.exe is missing. I can only find the Server in the directory? The WideFMGS.exe is gone...

Regards,
Rob

AirFan
05-21-2012, 03:12 PM
HI JL,

after some confusion I want to share how I solved my problems:
Sorry for the confusion!!! :(

- first off all, the lagging on the network is gone. Even on my very old machine the throttle is very smooth and not lagging on EWD.

- I think my problem came with one of the last versions you provided: Everytime I installed it on my client, I forgot to deselect ther FMGSserver/AP... etcs. After a clean install as "real" client it works very well after my first impression. Also my black DUs are gone. I will report back after some more testing. but for now forget my last post :)

@ Marco: Still the FCU seems to work. At least the "main things"... Here and there are still some bugs but as I said, Marcins works on it.

Rob

!EDIT!: So after one hour of testing b25.2 I have to say "THUMBS UP, JL!" That's very nice!
No lagging, no blanks, no flashing, no FMA updates... NICE!

Well, I really like the new flight model... thanks again to TOMEK! But I just noticed some significant overshooting of the HDG at lower speeds: i.e. 140, flaps full when AP on. the AC tends to overshoot up +/-20° HDG wrt to target HDG and swings alot before settling to target HDG.

Thanks & regards,
Rob

jeehell
05-21-2012, 04:30 PM
ahhhh OK thanks for the feedback. Indeed, and for everyone reading this ;) :
DO NOT INSTALL ITEMS THAT ARE NOT REQUIRED!
I really mean it! The software is getting quite complex to run, especially network wise. To make things easy I used the installer feature, but still, care must be taken when installing, otherwise the software gets lost not knowing what it should do.

@Marco: just random thought: do you have wideFS launched on the MCDU PC? (it is required to communicate with FSUIPC, my software does not replace what Peter Dowson created, it was never the point!)

Cheers,
JL

SimStar001
05-22-2012, 01:43 AM
@JL: of course wide FS and FSUIPC are installed as required... that are standards we dont need to talk about...

@AirFan: Did your FCU start working or is there nothing that works? My FCU stays dark and cold and do not start working like in Beta 21 before. All worked before Updating Jehell from Beta 21 to Beta 25.2.
If your FCU is working pls tell me what you have done... Thanks a lot

Regards! Marco

AirFan
05-22-2012, 02:23 AM
Hello Marco,

As I said the hardware FCU from Marcin is "generally" working with B25.2. And I have not done anything to get it work. It worked with pervious JL versions and still does. Except that since B25 there are some bugs. (read my older posts to B25)
I know Marcins FCU units have changed. I have one of the Plug&Play versions without the I/O board. Its now all included so you only need a usb + power cable to hook it up. If you have an older version it might behaves differently. What I can do is providing you with my FCU profile file for the profiler V2.1. PM me and I will send an email tonight.
But I doubt that it will work with the "old" FCU from Marcin. However, you can try my profile. I recommend to contact Marcin if you cant find anybody who can confirm this dark situation.

Regards,
Rob

@JL:
another one for your list, if you don't have it yet :)

- the ILS mode on ND shows the signs for decel point, top of decent, the runway, selected range values etc...

Regards
Rob

AirFan
05-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Hi JL,

regarding the mentioned HDG overshoot I can be more precise: It only occurs after an autoland when you do a touch and go. The AC changes to some mode trying to keep the AC on centerline (both APs remain connected). In my case it swings around centerlinewith a huge overshoot ( leaving the runway and the airport :) ). In case you continue flying after autoland the AC also behaves like that back in the air. If you selected a heading it swings left and right around the target HDG... just like on the runway after autoland.

Hope that helps... maybe you can have a look.

Thanks & regards
Rob

jeehell
05-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Hi,

@Marco: can you give me a detailed info on your system? (number of PCs, what runs on which PC, where hardware is connected,etc...).
There were a few changes in FSUIPC offsets, nothing big but it might affect how Marcin's interpret the power on offset for example. Apparently there are various versions for his hardware, did you ask him about that?
Right now I cannot see why FSUIPC offsets would not work :( Did you try to plug the MCDU on the server PC?

@Rob: I will look at that. This AP mode is not yet perfect, far from it ;)

Regards,
JL

dcutugno
05-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Fire test, illuminate only MW captain side, Fo is missing...
Got an Mcdu display problem, Please report issue message.

jeehell
05-27-2012, 05:08 PM
For the FO MW, in IITcreator assign the MW LED and switch the same action as for the CPT side, I forgot to correct that, but since both sides are illuminated at the same time, it the same as only using CPT_MW or MC inputs/outputs.
What page brings this error message, under what circumstances?

skalarki
05-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Hi guys

@Marco
Please standby with looking for problem for 2 more days. I have finished new .dll library and everything is working fine now. New library is using TCP/IP server instead FSUIPC which will be far better way to keep everything working. Required files will be installed with new JL FMGS release (hope JL will confirm that for us;). But in the meantime I will supply required files. New. dll will go together with new SkalarkiIOProfiler 3.0. There is some improvements in comparison to previous version considering JL FMGS software.

@AirFran
Passing profiles between users will not work as each unit is configured bit different then others (numbers of inputs, outputs are different).
Then other peoples profiles might be use only for example for config a specific button or encoder, etc
Then

jeehell
05-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi,

Yes indeed, I will include the library in next public release (don't know when it'll come out though).

Regards,
JL

AirFan
05-31-2012, 07:47 AM
Hello guys,

@ Marcin: Many thanks for the update :) Looking forward to try it. Little request... is it possible to consider the battery state of the aircraft? So the backlight and the digits come alive only when the aircraft is powered?

@ JL: Also a big thanks to you for implementing the necessary libary with the next release.

I have an issue with my client PC. Just installed a second monitor in order to add FO ND and FO PFD. So the starter runs PFD & ND for CPT and PFD & ND for FO plus the widefmgs.exe. In order to define the position and size of each window I started each window manually, save the desired position and closed it. But everytime I start the widefmgs.exe both FO windows are set to a really tiny square on the upper left corner. However, the CPT windows remain at their correct position and size.
If I resize them and put them back to their position while widefmgs is running it works fine. But everytime I restart the FO windows in combination with widefmgs.exe the saved position is changed and both windows are soooo tiny just covering some pixels.

I already did a complete new install. I deleted all config files for PFD and ND... However the problem remains, my FO windows are gone when starting widefmgs.exe. And I only get to see them when I drag them manually. Doing that everytime for starting the soft is a nightmare.

Any help is highly appreciated :)

Thanks & Regards,
Rob

immaging
05-31-2012, 09:44 AM
Hello Airfan

The problem with FO Display is possible solve to intall a new driver of video card.
I had the same problem, solved in this way

Daniele

jeehell
05-31-2012, 10:09 AM
It looks as if you're in XFER position on the F/O Side without having saved a XFER position for the FO's PFD/ND.
When saving the "normal position", you also need to save the "xfer position".
If it's not solving your issue please tell me.

Also, I'm not sure it is written inside the user guide, but you can resize the windows with the keyboard (if not possible with the mouse). When the window you want to resize is active (i.e. click on the task bar button of this window), use Shift + arrows to resize or ctrl + arrows to move.

Regards,
JL

AirFan
05-31-2012, 10:59 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply Daniele... Indeed, the video card of the client is very old. Its a GT6600 and the driver might be very old as well. I am afraid that there is no more recent driver available for win XP. If JL advise doesnt work I will take a look at the driver.

@JL: Thanks! I will try your approach with the XFER position tonight and will report asap. Regarding the via taskbar resize advise ... the 2 squares are really tiny and only consist of the frame borders. You cant see any taskbar... Just some grey border dots :)

Regards,
Rob

jeehell
05-31-2012, 11:10 AM
Regarding the via taskbar resize advise ... the 2 squares are really tiny and only consist of the frame borders. You cant see any taskbar... Just some grey border dots :)

Yes, what I meant is not the title bar of an usual window, but the button that appears in the windows task bar, which is the bar usually at the bottom of the screen (the bar with the famous "start" button). There, each software has it's button.

JL

AirFan
05-31-2012, 03:17 PM
ahhh... now I got you. You meant all the open task on the "task bar" :)

I just tried your suggestion with the definition of XFER first... IT WORKS and you made me very happy once more :D:grin::lol:

Thanks JL!

jeehell
05-31-2012, 03:45 PM
What is weird is that it always go into XFER mode when WideFMGS starts??
Can you check this behaviour more precisely?

JL

AirFan
06-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Hi JL,

I just spent some time trying to recreate the XFER issue. I had to delete all the config files to recreate it. I only tested with CPT & FO PFD and ND on my client since I didnt have any issue on my main machine. On my client its always FO. CPT ND and PFD remain on the destop correctly. Only the FO windows shrink when I start the widefmgs.exe. Once I set the XFER position the problem is gone.

Sorry, that I cant tell you more about it :(

Rob

jeehell
06-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Ok thanks anyway, I will look into it.

JL

adonismartinez
06-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Hi Jeehell

A pair of questions since my cockpit is becoming mature now :-)

1) I have found myself in a problem: Im using a 18" monitor for EWD, SD and standy instruments and next to it there is small 5" screen for the clock and the Accumulator press gauge, each monitor to a different computer. I thought I had it made, then i noticed that the Brake acc gauge is attached to the SD, so: is there a problem if I run the SD module twice in different computers? or do you think it might be possible to have an stand alone version of the brake pressure gauge?

2)I have tried using the flight simulator failure generator feature but it is not working with beta 25? do you have plans for a failure generator interface or an instructor station platform?

I have been testing B25 I wil send you my reports as usual.

best regards

Adonis

jeehell
06-08-2012, 02:54 AM
Hi,

1) you can run a second instance of the SD, it should be OK. I will probably make a stand alone version of the triple brake indicator.

2) for now I first plan to finish the normal ops. I will see later what will come out for failures, I have plans but nothing definitive.

Regards,
JL

adonismartinez
06-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Hi,

1) you can run a second instance of the SD, it should be OK. I will probably make a stand alone version of the triple brake indicator.

2) for now I first plan to finish the normal ops. I will see later what will come out for failures, I have plans but nothing definitive.

Regards,
JL

Thanks Jeehell

definitely you are a legend!

Best regards

Adonis

Airmichel
06-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Hello JL,
3 days ago I switched to version 25.02. Before that, I deleted everything from Version 24.
Sorry! I have no positive news.
The connection in the Network is now faster, everything green in FMGS server. Siok and WideFS connected correctly. Sometimes still is no connection to the clients 1,2,3.
The switch " Terr on ND" does not work.
No indication STBY instruments. STBY in Starter.exe to yes.
Display of N1 in EWD not accurate (Client 2).
Input via touch screen in the MCDU very slowly (Client 2).
LEDs flicker Glaer panel (server).
I can not fly with my cockpit. Will probably change back to version 24.
Sorry for all the bad news. Looking forward to a working version 25.
Greetings Micha

jeehell
06-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Hi,

I attached a previous message from Rob (Airfan) who seemed to have similar issues:

HI JL,

after some confusion I want to share how I solved my problems:
Sorry for the confusion!!!

- first off all, the lagging on the network is gone. Even on my very old machine the throttle is very smooth and not lagging on EWD.

- I think my problem came with one of the last versions you provided: Everytime I installed it on my client, I forgot to deselect ther FMGSserver/AP... etcs. After a clean install as "real" client it works very well after my first impression. Also my black DUs are gone. I will report back after some more testing. but for now forget my last post

Rob

So make sure you did not select "FMGS Server" on your client PCs.
If it does not solve your troubles, I will need more info on your computers hardware and software distribution.
Also make tests with the sound module and SIOC modules closed to check if they are the ones responsible for the lag on the network (some had troubles with these).

Regards,
JL

adonismartinez
06-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Hi Jeehell

Im setting up a servo motor in my throttle quadrant to have it auto moveable, I have checked your Offsets table then here is my question? Do you have an offset for the auto trim??? to move forward and aft?

Also today I tested the MCDU and created a flight plan, when I went into the Sec-F plan and set it up I noticed it is still reading and showing the Primary flight plan options, have you or someone else noticed that?

Best regards, thanks in advance

Adonis

Airmichel
06-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Hi JL,

Today I installed the new version 25.02 again. The old installation previously deleted.
On the server (Dual Core 3.16 GHz) runs: FMGS_Server, sound, hardware Connect, wideFMGSserver, SIOC and the FS9.
On client1 (Dual Core 3.16 GHz) runs: PFD, ND and wideFMGS.
On client2 (Athlon 3200) runs: OVHD, FCU, FO_EFIS, FO_PFD, FO_ND and wideFMGS.
On the client3 (Athlon 2600) runs: EWD, SD, STBY, MCDU, FO_MCDU (MCDUs via Touchscreen) and wideFMGS.
The network connection is interrupted with the error message "OVHD" 0 @ # @ 24 @ MSG NOSEGEARNOTDOWNLOCKED @ 0 is not a valid integer value ".
The error message is always different, but always on the client with the OVHD.

The sound or sioc on off has no effect. The entries are still delayed.
With version 24, all entries were fast.

Is it better in the network static IP addresses used? I use DHCP at the moment.
Can it help to distribute the software on the clients differently? What is the best software arrangement for the clients?

Greetings Micha

mtamayo
06-16-2012, 09:38 AM
hi,
i need help please! theim not able to accelerate the fsx airbus with the joystick, only with the keyboard. the joystick is properly configured but has no action in the fsx model. the assignmento of joystick buttons is working ok. would you give me a hand please?
regards
mauricio

jeehell
06-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Hi,

@Adonis: for now there is nothing custom concerning the trim. You can try to link your motors to the standard FSUIPC offsets.

@Mauricio: in my software, the joystick has to be configured in FMGS_config software, not in FSX. ALso you need FSUIPC (free version is enough). When you launch the software after installation, you should use the starter application, which will launch some software such AP/FBW and FSUIPCconnect which are required.

@Airmichel: This is strange. Can you try to run OVHD and MCDU on client 1 or on server, and not launching the client 2 and 3 to see if it makes a difference? DHCP should not be a problem, if your widefmgs.ini points towards the right computer name on the network.

regards,
JL

mtamayo
06-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Hi Jeehell and thanks for reply. let me explain a little more. i already did the configuration of the joystick in the fmgs server config and it works fine, even if i assign a button to some function , it works on the software, the problem is that when i launch the fsx airbus, there is no response of the throttles in the aircaft. in your software, the throttles move until the toga detent but there is no reaction in the airbus in fsx, so im not able to accelerate for takeoff.
i have fsuipc working. please help! =)

mauricio

jeehell
06-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Hi,

Which version of FSUIPC do you have?
Can you confirm you started the engines and on the EWD, the N1 indicators show the position of the throttle levers?
And is the software AP/FBW running and stated as conencted in FMGS Server?

JL

mtamayo
06-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Which version of FSUIPC do you have?

VERSION 4.6A

Can you confirm you started the engines and on the EWD, the N1 indicators show the position of the throttle levers?

AFFIRMATIVE

And is the software AP/FBW running and stated as conencted in FMGS Server?

AFFIRMATIVE

i am working on win 7 64bits.

thanks Jeehell

Mauricio

jeehell
06-17-2012, 06:27 AM
Try to upgrade to the latest FSUIPC version, (4.8 or later).
Which aircraft addon do you use? the PA one provided with my package?
Can you make a video or take pictures to show things around?

JL

mtamayo
06-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Ok, i will upgrade the fsuipc and let you know. The aircraft is the one in your package. Im gonna take pictures to show you.
Thanks again

Mauricio

mtamayo
06-18-2012, 09:20 AM
good morning Jeehell!
good news! i change the fsuipc to version 4.7 and now is working!
unfortunately I'm experimenting the fsx crash after a few minutes of flight, but I'm going to check if it is due to fsx.
thanks for your help!!
i will let you know my advances!

regards

Mauricio

jeehell
06-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi,

Ok good news. Why did'nt you upgrade to 4.8?? it's usually best to upgrade to the latest version?

JL

mtamayo
06-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Hi, jeehell. yes, i will upgrade to the latest version.
i have a question for you. I'm building a homemade fcu with double lcd's and is connected to the pc by usb. i am building an application to connect with fsuipc in order to read the offsets i need to display de information. I'm using visual basic.
am i able to have a connection to fsuipc and have your software connected to fsuipc at the same time?

regards

mauricio

jeehell
06-19-2012, 05:57 AM
Hello,

No problems at all, you can have as many software connected to FSUIPC at the same time as you want. The only limitation I know, you cannot have two connections inside the same process.

Regards,
JL

mtamayo
06-19-2012, 10:52 PM
nice, thanks for the info.
jeehell, whats the minimum number of pc's required to operate the software with fsx? i have a very powerful computer, but it seems to much for a single one. what do you recommend?

regards

mauricio

jeehell
06-20-2012, 03:40 AM
Hi,

The minimum is one computer. That's what I use. With a powerful CPU such as a quad core i7, I can run fsx in windowed mode with medium settings and the complete suite. However, the number of screens is the limiting factor.

Regards,
JL

AUA171
06-21-2012, 05:41 AM
Hi Jeehell,

I'm currently in building up my OVHD panel using Opencockpits IF cards. I'm implementing in SIOC using your FSUIPC offsets but not using SIOCCreator. This gives me more flexibility to add some additional code (e.g. for ADIRS display).

Anyhow during implementation and testing all switches, LEDs, etc. I found the following issues:

1) Missing values for switches IDG1, IDG2 & CrewSupply, RAT-MAN-ON(HYD) switches in Offset 78EE.
They are not the most important but they are available in OVHD Sw and could be defined in SIOCCreator as well.

2) Missing offset for RAT-MAN-ON LED status

3) Value 137 in offset 78EE doesn't work to bring back Annunciator-Light-Switch from TEST back to DIM position.

4) "ELEC GEN2 OFF" LED status (Bit3 offset 7397) is linked to "ELEC GEN1 OFF" LED status (Bit1 offset 7397)

5) For what ever reason IDG2 FAULT LED (Bit 2 offset 73A4) is set to "1" after engine start but doesn't light up in OVHD software.

Thanks so far for your great work+++++++
Regards!

Christian

jeehell
06-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Hello Christian,

I will look into these little offsets bugs.
Wondering though, why you do not use my SIOC Creator as it allows you to easily add your own SIOC scripts to the one generated?

Regards,
JL

AUA171
06-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Hi Jeehell,

I first started with SIOC Creator it's really fas and easy, but later when I had my challenges with the ADIRS display using the Opencockpit LCD-card. I needed to interact with ADIRS data and sys switches and take power on/off and ALIGN status into consideration, I decided to change the whole code to interface with FSUIPC. Its straight forward and not much more complicated.

Regards
Christian

Airmichel
06-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Hi JL,
Sorry! I answer so late, I had no time for testing.
With the OVHD and MCDU on the server, the speed is well. The FO-MCDU on the client is still delayed. I think that my PCs are too slow. What is to be installed on which computer to make it work? How would you distribute the Software on the Computers?

Greetings Micha

jeehell
06-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Hi Micha,

No problems.

The software does not necessarily require top level computers, but at least dual cores. Nowadays, multi cores CPU are standard, so even second hand computers should be good enough to run clients such as the MCDUs.
The sofware distribution will mostly depend on how many video outputs you have on the msot powerful computers. If an MCDU is lagging, then that computer is maybe not powerful enough. Upgrading to a second hand multi core computer with maybe video cards is maybe a good solution.

Regards,
JL

janinp
07-06-2012, 01:35 PM
hello Jeehell,

First thanks for the wonderful work on the FMGS. It is very fluid and efficient on my system.
I have a slight problem with the MCDU fuel datalink which creates series of letters and figures on the init B page at different lines when I activate it. I then enter manually insert the block and ZFW figure and it seems to work although the datas are hidden by the "bizarre" strings of charachter (this is a hardware MCDU by fscockpit but I did not have the problem a few days ago). Any idea ?
Other issue is that there is no panel on the project airbus which is fine except for the transponder code that is given on the ivao network. How can I set it and then activate the charlie mode ?

Thanks,

Pierre

jeehell
07-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Hello Pierre,

The VNAV has some problems in its current implementation. This means that some calculations are wrong regarding Fuel, time to destination, and altitude at FPLN points. This is the reason for the weird strings in the INITB page. I'm working on it for next version.
In the MCDU MENU page, go to TCAS, there you can set XPDR mode C. Next version will also allow to set the squawk code. With IVAP I think its possible to do it also.
Also, even if the aircraft published with my software does not have a panel, you can add any panel you want such as default aircraft panels (quite easy, you just need to copy the panel folder). Also, I think IVAP has builtin features for

Regards,
Jean Luc

janinp
07-06-2012, 02:15 PM
ouahh thanks for such a fast answer !
will look at that on IVAP. I also noticed the problem with time to destination as you said. Are you also going to implement the time to the next waypoint in the next version ?

Thanks,

Pierre

jeehell
07-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Are you also going to implement the time to the next waypoint in the next version ?
Maybe, depends on how my work on VNAV goes.

Regards,
JL

jadawinh
07-10-2012, 05:41 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm new here, and I tried to download Version 25 and Version 24 out of this forum. Both links seem to be blind. Any chance getting this software?

Kind regards
Jadawin

jeehell
07-10-2012, 05:46 AM
Hello,

here is the link (http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B25.2.exe).

Regards,
JL

jadawinh
07-10-2012, 05:56 AM
Wow!!

fast as light ;-) thanks!!

Kind regards
Jadawin

mtamayo
07-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Hi, jeehell

please i need help,
since I'm trying the software I'm not being able to perform a complete flight with the software, because when the aircraft is leveling off with the autopilot engaged, it becomes crazy and enter into a stall condition and lose complete control.
what would be the problem?

thanks

Mauricio

jeehell
07-22-2012, 04:47 AM
Hi,

Hard to tell without details.
Most of the times, when the AP goes crazy, it's because the FS framerate is below 25 fps. You have to make sure your CPU has enough power to run the software and FS with a good framerate. In FS, I use the "lock framerate" feature set at 30 fps.

regards,
JL

mtamayo
07-22-2012, 10:27 AM
hi, jl, thanks for reply
I'm using a core i7 with 16 gigs of ram and win 7 64 bits. I'm using the pfd, nd, upper and lower exam, flu and left cdu.
I'm going to check the frame rate, but i think i have a powerful pc.
thanks for the advise, i will let you know

Mauricio

AirFan
07-23-2012, 04:38 AM
Hi Mauricio,

I remember that I had similar problems with the AP with some FSUIPC versions. Which version do you use? Is it up to date? You should use the lastest version. It's just an idea... maybe it helps you.

@JL: It became really quiet here which seems to be a really good sign :) Any intermediate news wrt updates??? :D

here some issues I deal with:

- If I enter a full bank (left or right) and keep the stick there for some seconds and release it the AC seems to be locked at that bank angle. Even if I try to roll to the other side the AC remains at that max. bank. It takes some seconds (10 or more) until the lock is gone. It's all on one PC.. not network related.

- When I use the network, CPT and FO PFDs and NDs are on a client PC. It's a Dual core Dell 720 Optiplex at 3Ghz with a "low-end" graphic card.
- First question: are the displays CPU or graphic card intensive? Because it starts to stutter when I run all 4 apps. If I run only the 2 CPT apps its smooth.
- second question: Some times the client freezes... After restart the app is working fine again. It happens once like on every 3rd flight.

I noticed a bug in fuel flow... I cant remember in detail but I think it has to do with reverse thrust. I think it gets stuck at 4 hundred something kg/h...even I increase the reverse thrust level. I have to check again.

By the way... Do you consider a fuel flow for the APU. I think it should be around 200kg/h. I found the value somewhere. If you need it I will search for it again.

I also have a little sound issue. After I shut down the APU, I still hear it running. Any idea?

Once again --> Many Thanks!!!

Rob

jeehell
07-23-2012, 06:34 AM
Hi,

@Mauricio: well even on a super computer, the CPU can be overwhelmed by FS, which tries to get the fastest FPS possible if not limited. Also, graphics settings can be a killer on the FPS, even with the latests CPUs (MS is to be blamed on that one...)
Rob is also correct with the FSUIPC version, using the current latest version is the best thing to do.

@Rob: Working hard on B26. It will add TCAS, reworked VNAV and some other things. No dates yet.
Concerning your issues:
-I will look at that, this is weird. You do mean entering a 67° bank?
-It's CPU intensive mostly. But some people have reported with ATI graphic cards that it may impact more the CPU (not sure why, maybe nvidia's have a better on-chip OpenGL treatment...). You may want to watch the task manager under Process tab to see what kills the computer (in that case CPU or not CPU).
-Which clients? do you have error messages in the WideFMGS window?
-I'll look at FF in reverse. For APU, it should be taken into account in FSX, I need to check.
-APU sound is generated by FSX only, I have to check if the soft shuts it down properly.

Regards,
JL

AirFan
07-23-2012, 07:53 AM
Hi JL,

yep, I am talking about a 67 deg bank, only. The AC remains at max bank for some time and doesnt respond to any bank inputs neither manual nor from AP. Pitch remains working.

Regarding my freezes on the client...there is no message. All apps on the client just stop working and freeze (in my case its CPT + FO PFDs and ND). It like losing its connection with the server. I guess the problem comes from the clients fmgs.exe.

I just wonder why other don't have these issues. So it might be a local problem??

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
07-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Hi,

When you says they freeze, you cannot even bring up the mouse right click menu?

JL

AirFan
07-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Hm? Good question, as far as I remember nothing happend when I right clicked on widefmgs. I think it crashes without any error message. However, I am not sure... Next time that will happen I will check it and let you know, ok!?

some ideas for B26:
- Add SIOC Autoland korry on Glarewing
- add SIOC GS/GPWS korry on MIP
- general korry dependancy on Battery state. --> NO Power--> No light on any korry. Right now they remain on if you shut down the AC.
- add a general SIOC output which represents if the AC is powered or not -> that enables an easy implemention of some relays for backlighting, domelight, flood lights, etc... This might be interesting for 3rd party guys like Marcin. I assume by that he could simulate a "not powered" FCU.

GOOD NIGHT & THANKS, JL! IT'S A GREAT PIECE OF SOFTWARE!
Rob

jeehell
07-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Well, for hardware guys such as Marcin, they already have the dark cockpit feature.
And it should be all ligths OFF when the A/C is not powered though, weird??

JL

AirFan
07-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the information... however I am really confused.
For example the landing gear indicators: The korries are off --> When I switch on one of the BATs or external power and they come alive. FINE... but if I disconnect external power or shut off the BAT they remain on.

Could somebody send me some example SIOC lines, please??? As far as I remember I only used the the SIOC creator... It all works fine... except the korry leds dont turn off if the AC is'nt powered.

I would be thankful if anybody who got it running correctly could post some lines.

Thanks, JL!

Rob

jeehell
07-24-2012, 12:24 PM
There is maybe a bug in the SIOC module. I will check that. All I know is on some other modules it works great. Probably just a mistake in my code...
No need for external SIOC code.

JL

B747-400
07-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Hi JL,
I installed B 25.2 on my two PCs:

FSX PC
Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
8 GB RAM
i7 CPU

Display PC
Win 7 Professional 32 bit
3 GB RAM
P4 CPU

On FSX PC I'm running
FSX (of course ;o)
FSUIPC 4.827
FSUIPC Connect
WideFMGSServer
A320 Server
AP/FBW
Sound

On Display PC
WideClient
WideFMGS
FCU
OVHD
CPT MCDU
CPT PFD
CPT ND
E/WD
SD

but the connections are not working properly: AP/FBW and Sound are connected to A320 Server. A320 Server is connected to FSUIPC. (all on same PC)

All the other Modules from Display PC are red and not connected. In the WideFMGS window disconnect and connect are displayed alternating very fast. Right clicking the PFD on the Display PC "show options" means connected! So different status messages at same time on two PCs???

When I start WideFMGS and PFD manually, PFD is perfectly connected to FSX server. As soon as I start ND manually, both programs lost their connection. No other SW is running. Any idea what's going on causing this weird behavior?

And yes: I also tried this with deactivated firewall on both PCs. Same problem. The connection btw. both PCs is OK. I can ping both PCs and transfer huge files without any problems.

Appreciate your help. Thanks for all your efforts on this software!

Best regards
Hans

jeehell
07-26-2012, 02:04 AM
Hello Hans,

If it works well with only PFD running, my guess is your secondary computer is maybe not powerful enough. For now, it is really best to use multicore CPU as my software are optimized for these.
Check how your CPU is handling the load in the task manager-> process tab. See which soft eats the most CPU and also the total CPU load please.

JL

B747-400
07-26-2012, 04:06 AM
Hi JL,
thanks a lot for you fast response!
I will check CPU load, and try to shift displays to FSX PC. Give you a report when I'm back in the evening. Need to go to earn money for a new PC ... ;o)
Best regards
Hans

B747-400
07-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Hi JL

I moved the PFD, ND, EWD ans Sound to the FSX PC. Some stutter on FSX, but the remaining programs are able to run on Display PC.
So a solution for the time being.

BTW: when switching btw. the different ND ranges and pages, Airbus displays a message "RANGE CHANGE" or "MODE CHANGE". Would be great if this would be implemented some day :)

See here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdQgGheK4KI&feature=related), how it works (timecode: 0:40)

Best Regards
Hans

jeehell
07-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Hello,

Ok good to hear you can live with your current setup...
As for the range/mode change message, well yeah, it's just frustrating having to simulate a dinosaur era computer system ;)
I'll add it to the list, but low priority...

JL

B747-400
07-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi,
dinosaur? I guess Airbus is calling the system "modern" and "state of the art" ;)
Best Regards
Hans

jeehell
07-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Well how would you call a set of more than 10 computers which can not instantly switch between ND modes when a single home computer can do it? ;)

JL

AirFan
07-30-2012, 08:16 AM
Hi JL,

here some more details about my freezing issue on my client:

client: 3GHZ Dualcore, low-end graphic card, 4gb ram

I run CPT PFD and ND on the client. Somestimes both PFD and ND stop working and freeze at the same time. However, I am still able to right click them. The widefmgs does not show any disconnects or anything ... but it stopped working and I can not right click. Any idea?

Have you checked the FuelFlow for the reversers? I am not 100% sure if this is a general software problem because I still have another issue with independent reverse thrust. I have not identified the problem but I assume it has something to do with my BU0836A axis controller for the homemade throttle. When in reverse, one lever works as a master in reverse range... so the other lever only opens the reverser flaps up to the level of the "master lever"... Really strange behaviour... if I use both (as usual) you dont notice it. Only if I want to operate them individually, you see that one won't work alone.

Looking forward for B26 :D

Thanks & Regards,
Rob

Leonidas
07-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi.
an easy question I think...
Windows Control Panel and FSUIPC see my USB joystic card with axis X (spoilers), Y (flaps) and Z (tiller) and react at their movements. Why JeeHell configuration doesn't see it, while at the same time it sees and calibrate my USB Sidestick?
Thanks a lot

jeehell
07-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Hi,

@Leonidas: good question, I do not know?? All USB joysticks I tested worked correctly, including joystick cards. Only known limitation is on joysticks with more than 6 axis... What brand is your joystick?

@Rob: Did you check the CPU usage of the software?
Haven't had time to check the reversers yet. PArticularly, single engine OPs are not a priority.

Regards,
JL

Leonidas
07-31-2012, 03:48 AM
Hi,

@Leonidas: good question, I do not know?? All USB joysticks I tested worked correctly, including joystick cards. Only known limitation is on joysticks with more than 6 axis... What brand is your joystick?
Regards,
JL

They're both from FDS. The card is: FDS-FC1 and has 8 axes :-(

jeehell
07-31-2012, 06:20 AM
These should work on the first 6 axis (X,Y,Z,R,U,V). Only the 7th and 8th are not recognized in case of 8 axis presence. Some people have been using two or more of these FDS-FC1 on a single computers without problems...

JL

Leonidas
07-31-2012, 02:01 PM
These should work on the first 6 axis (X,Y,Z,R,U,V). Only the 7th and 8th are not recognized in case of 8 axis presence. Some people have been using two or more of these FDS-FC1 on a single computers without problems...
JL
Unfortunatelly it doesn't work. I've tried all posibilites of the first 6 connectors. For a moment I saw 2 axis and I could see flaps and spoilers working in config and the EWD, but after a while ...nothing again.
Config software says ver. 25.1. Is it all right?
If I first configure these axis via FSUIPC in FS, will they work in JeeHell?
Thanks a lot...

jeehell
07-31-2012, 02:10 PM
Do you use a USB hub?
Also, did you try any other USB socket?
Sometimes USB peripherals act weirdly... You may want to clean windows USB port memory (search for USB cleaner).
I have used one FDS card, and it was not always behaving normally. Especially when changing the axis configuration, you need to un-plug it then re-plug it. Otherwise, the changes are not recognized and it does not work at all.

FSUIPC axis are not usable for now. I may add that later.

JL