PDA

View Full Version : A320 FMGS beta 26

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Leonidas
08-01-2012, 01:37 AM
Do you use a USB hub?
Also, did you try any other USB socket?
Sometimes USB peripherals act weirdly... You may want to clean windows USB port memory (search for USB cleaner).
I have used one FDS card, and it was not always behaving normally. Especially when changing the axis configuration, you need to un-plug it then re-plug it. Otherwise, the changes are not recognized and it does not work at all.
FSUIPC axis are not usable for now. I may add that later.
JL

No I don't use hub and yes I've tried 2 or 3 other sockets.
I'll try this cleaner and I'll tell you, but I don't think it's such issue, because the joysting works every time. I'm thinking the problem maybe the wires themselves from pots to the USB card.
Anyway congratulations for this software you made, that is much better than well paid others...
Thanks for your time

Leonidas
08-01-2012, 12:53 PM
No I don't use hub and yes I've tried 2 or 3 other sockets.
I'll try this cleaner and I'll tell you, but I don't think it's such issue, because the joysting works every time. I'm thinking the problem maybe the wires themselves from pots to the USB card.
Anyway congratulations for this software you made, that is much better than well paid others...
Thanks for your time

Hi
I've tried another PC and it does not work. So, could you suggest me a USB card that works for sure?
Thank you

jeehell
08-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi,
First, I do not have any name to give you as I don't use one myself...
However, I do not think this is the right approach. You said it works in FS/FSUIPC, so it cannot be hardware related. Particularly if one of two cards works? Or maybe I misread something. I know someone who uses 4 FDS-FC1 cards with my software. So it should work.
Maybe you messed the wiring of the buttons (not axis)?

JL

Leonidas
08-02-2012, 02:10 AM
Hi,
First, I do not have any name to give you as I don't use one myself...
However, I do not think this is the right approach. You said it works in FS/FSUIPC, so it cannot be hardware related. Particularly if one of two cards works? Or maybe I misread something. I know someone who uses 4 FDS-FC1 cards with my software. So it should work.
Maybe you messed the wiring of the buttons (not axis)?
JL

What do you mean "two cards"? I have only one FDS-FC1.
May I have his email or mycockpit username in a PM?
I don't use any buttons yet, only axis.

jeehell
08-02-2012, 05:18 AM
Hi,

No need for his email, I'm the one who completed his setup...
Is the card detected under windows control panel?
If so, try to recalibrate all axis. If you don't know how to do that:
-control panel -> printers and peripherals -> game controllers properties -> advanced properties of FDS-FC1 and in one of the tabs you have a calibrate button.

It may be that the amplitude of movement is not big enough for FMGS config to detect axis movement. Which happens when axis is calibrated on the whole potentiometer course but the real movement is afterward limited to a much smaller course.

JL

Leonidas
08-02-2012, 05:48 AM
Hi,
No need for his email, I'm the one who completed his setup...
Is the card detected under windows control panel?
If so, try to recalibrate all axis. If you don't know how to do that:
-control panel -> printers and peripherals -> game controllers properties -> advanced properties of FDS-FC1 and in one of the tabs you have a calibrate button.
It may be that the amplitude of movement is not big enough for FMGS config to detect axis movement. Which happens when axis is calibrated on the whole potentiometer course but the real movement is afterward limited to a much smaller course.
JL

Yes the card is detected, but I never calibrate it under windows... You're probably right because the movements are very small indeed. I'll try this at the afternoon.
Thank you very much!

Leonidas
08-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Yes the card is detected, but I never calibrate it under windows... You're probably right because the movements are very small indeed. I'll try this at the afternoon.
Thank you very much!

It's OK... I thought that configuration bypasses the windows calibration. Anyway, thanks a lot for your pacience...

jeehell
08-03-2012, 05:32 AM
Well most software get joystick data from windows itself, and its windows which calibrates the signal. Other software may use different methods (or different detection thresholds) to detect axis movements, that's probably why they detected the axis when FMGS config did not.

Anyway, the most important part is you can use the card!

Cheers,
JL

stefangr
08-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Hi JL,

I have just installed the latest update of Navigraph for Level-D and have then imported that data in the Jeehell software by starting the configure.exe on the server PC (which was successful because it did not return any errors). When I look at the MCDU start page it still says "Active Nav Data Base 15APR-16MAY", whereas I would expect it to show the current cycle 1208. Is there anything I missed to perform the update?

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
08-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Hello,

This is normal, in fact the cycle information has to be performed manually in the CycleData.txt file found in each navdata folder.

Regards,
JL

Leonidas
08-06-2012, 05:00 AM
Good morning everybody...
Why can't see "SAVE CO RTE" at "MCDU MENU" page as user guide says at p.117? I've completed INIT and FPLN pages already.

jeehell
08-06-2012, 05:12 AM
Hi,

the user guide is outdated on that one. Now, as per the real acft, you need to go to DATA page then with one of the lateral arrows DATA 2 page. There, go to PILOTS ROUTES on the right.

JL

Leonidas
08-06-2012, 07:06 AM
Hi,
the user guide is outdated on that one. Now, as per the real acft, you need to go to DATA page then with one of the lateral arrows DATA 2 page. There, go to PILOTS ROUTES on the right.
JL

The Advanced User Guide is also outdated, because I can't find ND\EGPWS folder and extractor.exe (p.5)?

jeehell
08-06-2012, 01:04 PM
This is not outdated. It should be there (ND\EGPWS data\EGPWS data extractor.exe).
If it's not there there was troubles during instalaltion.

JL

AirFan
08-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Hi JL,

a short bug report: :)
- When I try to save an active route I get "MCDU display problem, please report issue" after I press store active f-pln.
So I assume you are aware of that one?

the fly by wire did a major step forward with the release of the current B25. However, there are still some bugs:
- when you do full back stick, sometimes the AC still tends to stall at low speeds - in fact in these moments the alpha max limit doesnt seem to be correct/considered.
- when you bank at level flight (i.e. 5000ft) the vertical speed changes significantly. You start with zero veritcal speed... after some banking I end with a sink or climb rate up of to 1000ft/min without having touched the elevator axis.

- btw is your stick sensetivity exponential?

- the ILS mode on ND contains all the signs for TOC, TOD ... etc. I might told you that already. I just noticed it again :)

- have you taken a look at the Fuel flow in reverse been stuck at some 4 hundred something kg/h? I just would like to know if this strange behaviour has something to do with my throtte axis controller.

- I am not sure if you can trigger the "FS-replay mode"... when in replay I always hear "DONT SINK". Maybe that can be fixed with the GPWS.

Cheers and Thanks!!!

Rob

jeehell
08-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Hi Rob,

-Hopefully the Route saving will work correctly in next version. The MCDU saying "please report issue" means that it detected a bug, but not necessarily that I know why, which is why I ask people to report it ;)
-FBW still needs some work in some corner areas, however it should maintain VS=0 in level flight without troubles (unless you bank more than 33°). What FS do you use FSX or FS9?

-Stick sensitivity is linear, or at least it follows linearly the inputs sent by windows.

-I'll try to correct that for next version.

-No still haven't looked at it. But it's most probably not because of your thrust lever axis.

-Replay mode will work fine, except that my software still thinks it's flying and which triggers some warnings. Also the exterior model will show weird governs movements because the AP wants to fly it, but the replayh itself is corect (forced by FS).

Regards,
JL

AirFan
08-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Hi JL,

thanks for your reply. just some comments:

wrt FBW: I use FSX and yes I exceeded the 33deg... however I thought that does not have any effect on how the FBW works. I thought the 33deg are just the max. AP bank and that you need to hold the stick beyond 33 deg... however I thought this makes no difference to the AC trying to keep same altitude.
So I just retried it with max 33 bank: You are right... the result is way better and it works as it should. But is that the same on the real AC ; only below 33 deg???

regarding stick sensetivity... have you ever tried an exponential input definition for the stick? How is it done on a real airbus? I just noticed that I need to reduce the sensetivity for precise and small pitch ajustments to keep the VS really at zero. But then it does not seem right for bigger stick inputs on pitch. I know that many people use an exponential function for stick input for RC flying. Maybe it also improves the simulator handling and is worth a try.

FS replay mode: You got me wrong... my replay mode also works fine... I just meant all the triggered aural warning because the software thinks its still flying or even thinks its in a different phase of flying... That's why I ask if you can trigger when FSX has the replay mode active --> so YOUR software knows that its just a reply on FSX side.

Thanks!!! & Cheers
Rob

jeehell
08-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Hi again,

I quote the FCOM:

With the sidestick at neutral, wings level, the system maintains 1 g in pitch (corrected for pitch attitude), and there is no need for the pilot to trim by changing speed or configuration. Pitch trim is automatic both in manual mode and when the autopilot is engaged. In normal turns (up to 33° of bank) the pilot does not have to make any pitch corrections once the turn is established.

regarding stick sensetivity... have you ever tried an exponential input definition for the stick? How is it done on a real airbus? I just noticed that I need to reduce the sensetivity for precise and small pitch ajustments to keep the VS really at zero. But then it does not seem right for bigger stick inputs on pitch. I know that many people use an exponential function for stick input for RC flying. Maybe it also improves the simulator handling and is worth a try.
I'll give it a try someday, it's not top priority yet.

FS replay mode: You got me wrong... my replay mode also works fine... I just meant all the triggered aural warning because the software thinks its still flying or even thinks its in a different phase of flying... That's why I ask if you can trigger when FSX has the replay mode active --> so YOUR software knows that its just a reply on FSX side.
I have to check in FSUIPC if this can be done or not.

Regards,
JL

AirFan
08-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the quote , got it!!!:)

last one for today: - the overspeed sound wave is linked to the stall sound.

Regards
Rob

jeehell
08-09-2012, 03:46 PM
last one for today: - the overspeed sound wave is linked to the stall sound.
I cannot see how that is possible since I haven't implemented neither sounds??
Are you sure it's not FS default sounds??

JL

AirFan
08-09-2012, 04:56 PM
uhh... you are right and I am really sorry. Indeed, I tried some external sounds. :)

MadMaori
08-10-2012, 02:48 AM
Wow just found this forum after only going to linkfs forever lol. Been building a a320 in my lounge for the last 6 months and to only come across this software now after searching for a cheaper alternative to magellen for so long is mind boggling. You sir Jeehell are now a god in my book and i will be following your software religously lol, havnt actually managed to get anything to work yet but man am i so happy right now lol. Thanx so much Jeehells parents for having Jeehell!!!

jeehell
08-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Hi,

well cheers mate :-)

JL

MadMaori
08-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Hi,

well cheers mate :-)

JL

Well bruv took ur proggy for a run last night and only after bout 30 mins had mostly everything running, looks damn good, just think i need more ram is all, on 4gb there aint much left once everythings loaded lol.......but from what i see so far im very impressed, you rock bruv ....

stefangr
08-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Hi Jeehell,

have made some more flights this weekend, and I have 3 questions regarding your software:

1 - Weather request in MCDU: I can remember that this has been working some time ago, but for a couple of weeks I am now always getting the "Error" response after some time "Pending".

2 - On some of my flights I had some weird displays on the N1% and FLX Temp, e.g. it showed "33]4.0" instead of 34.0%.

3 - Is there any chance to have the real door status (e.g. of the Project Airbus aircraft) showing in the DOOR/OXY display of the SD?

Thanks and regards
Stefan

jeehell
08-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Hi Stefan,

1. Ok I will check that. Maybe the server is down.
2. Strange, will check as well.
3. I may add that later. The problem is how FS handles the doors, not very handy.

Regards,
JL

stefangr
08-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Hi Jeehell,

I am having another problem here now. I am planning a flight from LFMN to LEPA, standing in LFMN at the gate. APU running, IRS aligned, ready to start the planning of the route.

After completing the INIT page, when entering the origin + destination airport in MCDU and also some waypoints, the MCDU is not calculating any T/C or T/D, also EFOB always remains 6.2 tons (what is loaded right now), speed and altitude at all waypoints is 0 / FL0. The whole F-PLN page looks incomplete. It doesn't matter if I change the route completely, the problem persits. Of course I have restarted all Jeehell components, even restarted all PCs, and also re-installed the AIRAC from Level-D, but not chance.

Any idea of what might go wrong here?

Thanks a lot
Stefan

jeehell
08-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Hello,

this is hard to tell.
Usually, the problems comes from the MCDU being not initialized properly. Also, VNAV is not perfect and bugs can occur.

JL

AirFan
08-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi Stefan,

just tried LFMN to LEPA for you... also starting at the gate. I didnt have any problems. I guess it doesnt really help in detail ... but maybe its helps you in anyway to know that others dont have this particular issue :)...Of course VNAV is not perfect yet, but I still get TOC and TOD for that route.

@ JL: any chance to add the GWPS/GS korry in B26? :)

Have I said THANKS yet?!? :)

Rob

jeehell
08-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Hi Rob,

This korry is already there??

JL

AirFan
08-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Hi JL,

hm? I could not find it in the SIOC Creator... I dont talk about the overhead korries. I meant the one on the CPT & FO Main Instrument Panel... right above the ND brightness which indicates the GPWS and if you are below the GS.
Do you know which ones?

and... also just noticed that when I start my client I usually run the autostart via windows. Can I save the widefmgs.exe position in any way? my background is set black but with this window right next to an active display it creates an ugly white border even the display remains on front. know what i mean?

Cheers,
Rob

stefangr
08-15-2012, 02:34 AM
Hi Stefan,

just tried LFMN to LEPA for you... also starting at the gate. I didnt have any problems. I guess it doesnt really help in detail ... but maybe its helps you in anyway to know that others dont have this particular issue :)...Of course VNAV is not perfect yet, but I still get TOC and TOD for that route.

Hi Rob,

thanks for testing this one. At least we know that this has obviously nothing to do with that specific route. I will continue testing to find out any constellation that might be working.

Stefan

stefangr
08-15-2012, 05:56 AM
I have done more tests on my VNAV problem for LFMN-LEPA. It looks as if it has something to do with where the aircraft stands when the plan is setup. If I put the plane to EDDW for example, I can plan any route fine, also LFMN-LEPA is showing T/C and T/D. As soon as I put the plane to LFMN, it does not work obviously for any route.

I am using the Aerosoft scenery on FS9, maybe it has something to do with that? Obviously there is no difference whether I stand at any gate or directly at the threshold of a runway. As soon as it's LFMN, it doesn't work.

AirFan, do you use the Aerosoft scenery as well, with FS9? Next thing I will try is temporarily disable the addon scenery and try it that way.

Thanks
Stefan

AirFan
08-15-2012, 12:02 PM
AirFan, do you use the Aerosoft scenery as well, with FS9? Next thing I will try is temporarily disable the addon scenery and try it that way.

Hi Stefan,

No I dont use this scenery and I use FSX. However I doubt that it's addon scenery related. Have you tried a different Nav data set? Maybe there is something wrong with this particular airport???

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
08-15-2012, 03:44 PM
This is weird since I use LFMN as my default starting point, so almost all tests are made from LFMN...
I really do not know what might go wrong there ?? Try with FS default scenery, who knows...

JL

AirFan
08-16-2012, 03:43 AM
Hi JL,

Hi Rob,

This korry is already there??

JL

Hi JL,

hm? I could not find it in the SIOC Creator... I dont talk about the overhead GPWS korries. I meant the one on the CPT & FO Main Instrument Panel... right above the ND brightness which indicates the GPWS and if you are below the GS.
Do you now know which korry I mean? And what about the Autoland-korry?

and... also just noticed that when I start my client I usually run the autostarter via autostart in windows. Can I save the widefmgs.exe position in any way? my background is set black but with this window right next to an active display it creates an ugly white border even the display remains on front. know what i mean?

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
08-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Ok I see what you mean now. I'll add this one and the autoland one someday, not in next version (too late now).
I'll see what I can do for widefmgs windows.

Regards,
JL

stefangr
08-16-2012, 12:51 PM
This is weird since I use LFMN as my default starting point, so almost all tests are made from LFMN...
I really do not know what might go wrong there ?? Try with FS default scenery, who knows...
JL

Again some news coming out of my testing...

It has nothing to do with the addon scenery. I deactivated it, but the problem persits.

It obviously has also nothing to do with the nav data. I installed version 1206 of Navigraph's Level-D data and imported the data into the FMGS, but the problem persits.

And now it's getting really weird. This is what I tested:

1. Started FS9, standing at LFMN. Switched on battery on OVHD, started APU, aligned IRS. In MCDU I entered LFMN/LEPA as origin/destination, aligned IRS in MCDU, added FL300 as CRZ FL, entered 55 as Cost Index, on INIT FUEL PREDICTION pressed F9 to import fuel data from FS. Then I opened F-PLN page and saw that there is no T/C, T/D, Speed Limits, no altitudes etc. Looked like this:

2. Within FS I changed airport, switched to EDDW. On MCDU T/C, T/D, Speed Limits etc. were inserted automatically. Of course the data was not accurate since the route was still LFMN/LEPA. Looked like this:

3. Within FS I changed airport again, this time to LIMJ. On MCDU T/C, T/D etc disappeared again.

I have done this with several airports. The airports that worked fine were: EDDW, EDDF, LFPG. Airports that didn't work were: LFMN, LIMJ, LIRF, LEBL, GCLP.

What I also noticed that during scenery load on FS, the MCDU inserted T/C, T/D for a short moment, but when scenery load was completed, these lines disappeared again for the airports that did not work.

My config is:
PC1: WinXP, FS9, FMGS Server + Sound module
PC2: Win7, FMGS OVHD, PDF, ND, EWD, MCDU

Maybe anyone has still an idea?

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
08-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Still no real clue.
One thing though, the route is best calculated when it has at least a couple waypoints in it, not only DEP/ARR airports.
I did a lot of work on VNAV in next version, it will come out shortly (between today and next week), hopefully it'll correct this issue.

Regards,
JL

stefangr
08-17-2012, 01:58 AM
I also tried to add waypoints, and the MCDU accepts them but it does not calculate any heights though.

Good news that 26 is nearly on its way, so I will check my issues once the new version is out :-)

Thanks
Stefan

Leonidas
08-21-2012, 01:05 PM
I did a lot of work on VNAV in next version, it will come out shortly (between today and next week), hopefully it'll correct this issue.
Regards,
JL

Hi JeeHell
Let me ask you a ...few questions after using this version a couple of weeks now:
1. Is the new style E/WD and IAE in your plans?
2. Is there a possibility to save a state so that eg. you don't have to press the six "off" buttons on fuel overhead panel every time you start a flight? (maybe you could start a flight with two modes: a normal (cold and dark) and a quick (at the terminal with close doors - ready batteries, APU, IRS...)
3. Almost every time I change the STAR during flight, the flight plan broken when I press "activate temp f-plan"
4. I think there is another issue in STARs: there are many acute angles, but no curves. You can't follow it.
5. I setup sounds, but I can't hear reverse thrust, gear up-down and air brakes, only flaps.
6. I setup auto spoilers in FDS software, but it doesn't work (remains blue at E/WD)
7. The side panels on CPFlight's FCU don't work (m.worning, m.caution and chrono)

Thanks for all...

jeehell
08-22-2012, 06:04 AM
Hello,

1. New style (LCD) maybe, IAE I don't know yet, chances are I won't do this one.
2. I have plans on such things, but haven't had time to think thoroughly about it.
3. What do you mean by "broken"?
4. This probably comes from the STAR published by navigraph...
5. sounds have to be added by user (to save space, the package already weighs around 65 Mb)
6. By auro spoiler you mean arm spoilers? this one works, I've tested it. Maybe you need to reverse the action in IITcreator.
7. I don't know how these are connected to the FCU? I haven't heard of them. I'll try to find some info on that.

Regards,
JL

Leonidas
08-22-2012, 07:00 AM
Hello,

1. New style (LCD) maybe, IAE I don't know yet, chances are I won't do this one.
2. I have plans on such things, but haven't had time to think thoroughly about it.
3. What do you mean by "broken"?
4. This probably comes from the STAR published by navigraph...
5. sounds have to be added by user (to save space, the package already weighs around 65 Mb)
6. By auro spoiler you mean arm spoilers? this one works, I've tested it. Maybe you need to reverse the action in IITcreator.
7. I don't know how these are connected to the FCU? I haven't heard of them. I'll try to find some info on that.

Regards,
JL

1. I mean this one. I don't know if it is LCD or not.

3. I mean disappeared lines between fixes or lines goes nowhere...
6. Could you send me the "interfaceIT" configuration?

Best Regards

AirFan
08-22-2012, 07:21 AM
Hi JL, Hi Leo,

Indeed, the new style EWD would be really sweet. Just imagine how the new style display would look like ... :)

THANKS JL FOR THIS WONDERFUL SOFT!!!

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
08-22-2012, 08:36 AM
Leonidas, the configuration files for IITcreator are useless as they depend on the hardware serial number.
Just to be sure, you do not use FDS MCS software?? but instead the software modules I provide?

JL

jeehell
08-22-2012, 12:04 PM
Hello,

I've just finished the B26 version, available here (http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B26.exe).
I completely reworked the VNAV, added back the TCAS and also adde an "updater" tool which runs automatically when you launch the starter. It will then allow you to download the new versions when they are ready.

Cheers,
JL

jeehell
08-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Hello,

the B26 version is available now from here (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/jeehell-ware-announcements/25079-a320-fmgs-beta-26-a.html#post133950).

Regards,
JL

Leonidas
08-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Hi
should we uninstall v.25 before?

stefangr
08-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi JL,

thanks for the new version!

I am getting this when WideFMGS.exe is started on the client PCs.

The A320 JeeHell Ware SERVER on the server PC shows all items that were started on the clients as being "Connected". Nevertheless this error message appears every second.

Having 2 client PCs, it happens on both of them. Have updated all 3 PCs to version 26. Any idea?

Thanks
Stefan

AirFan
08-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Hey JL,
WOW!!! I love it!!! Just finished my first flight with B26! I am really impressed. I need some more testing but after the first 20 minutes it looks really sweet! THANKS!!!!

some issues I noticed so far:

- the sounds are gone from your module. I dont have any sounds. only from AC folder.
- When I dimm the brightness of CPT PFD I only dimm a small bar right below the Localizer dots and above the heading bar
- still see toc etc in ils mode on nd

I'll continue testing :)

Cheers,
Rob

EDIT: @Stefan --> I have not tried the network, yet... So far I only tried it on one machine for quick testing.

EDIT 2: some more issues:

- my Master Caution and Warning korrys are dead. Tried to put them on any other in or output but they remain dead.

- the FMA doesnt update correctly on PFD when dico the AP

immaging
08-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Hi JL

I downloaded the b26..... beautiful ..
I have only one question ... with respect to the window for the calibration of the axes.
Maybe I have not seen good documentation, but a clarification on the additional window about the set of throttle levers. what is it? good flight!

Daniele

jeehell
08-22-2012, 05:57 PM
Hi,

@Leonidas: you don't need to. You can however copy the entire folder to make a backup before updating.

@Stefan: try running the starter program again, it will update the widefgms clioent software with the automatic updater. If it does not solve the issue, I updated the regular download package.

@Rob: I will try to find some time to correct the older issues. As for the MW/MC Korrys, it's weird?? what hardware do you use (I don't remember)? Also, when you say FMA does not update correctly on AP disconnection, what is the exact issue?

@Daniele:if you are talking about the "ComplexJoy" window which appears only if you selected "complexjoy" option during installation, this is mostly useful in 2 cases:
- you use a goflight throttle quadrant which has reverser switches below the idle notch
- you use an A330-like thrust lever with a separate reverse axis (handles like on boeings for instance)

Regards,
JL

AirFan
08-23-2012, 02:52 AM
[QUOTE=jeehell;133966]Hi,

@Rob: I will try to find some time to correct the older issues. As for the MW/MC Korrys, it's weird?? what hardware do you use (I don't remember)? Also, when you say FMA does not update correctly on AP disconnection, what is the exact issue?

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if you guys have the regular sounds like for AP disconnect, fire bell, callouts ... etcs??? Non of them are working. I only have the regular sounds from the AC folder in FSX.

@JL: I use opencockpit hardware. All of my other korrys work... only the MC and MW korrys remain off after updating to b26?
regarding the FMA issue: i.e. you are in NAV mode and disconnect the AP... The NAV mode and the Vertical Mode remain visible on the PFD.

The mentioned brightness issue on PFD is not old. It a new issue with b26.

Could a complete new install help?

Thanks and cheers,
Rob

stefangr
08-23-2012, 03:15 AM
@Stefan: try running the starter program again, it will update the widefgms clioent software with the automatic updater. If it does not solve the issue, I updated the regular download package.

Thanks, I have made the update and the error message is gone now :-)

It's great that you have implemented the complex joystick functionality, I am using the Saitek Throttle which has an axis only from IDLE to TOGA and is sending the REVERSER as a button. But obviously I am still struggling with the setup since the EWD does not show any reaction on throttle inputs any more. Maybe I missed anything? This is what I have done:

In the new window "complex THR LVR Joysticks":
- Pressed "New" to add a new merge
- Selected "use one axis and switch acts as full reverse"
- Clicked into "Select main axis", moved lever 1 up, klicked on SET TOGA, moved lever 1 down to IDLE, klicked on SET IDLE
- Clicked into "Select revers axis/switch", moved lever 1 down to REVERSE (until button number appears in field)
The resulting axis is looking good, when I move lever 1 to REVERSE, the indicator moves to the max left, if I move to IDLE, the indicator shows in the middle, if I move lever from IDLE to TOGA, indicator moves to the right accordingly.

I repeated these steps to add a second merge fore the lever 2, also fine.

On the "old" configuration window I clicked into THR LVR 1 and moved lever 1 up and down until "Complex Joy Axis No. 0" appears in the field. Doing the same for THR LVR 2 and my lever 2, showing "Complex Joy Axis No. 1".

In the field "Choose LVR to setup" I select "LVR1". Selecting TOGA in the field below, moving levers to 65535, entered 0 as error tolerance, saving with SET. Repeating these things for FLX/MCT (53504 +/- 4000), CLB (37376 +/- 4000), IDLE (0 +/- 0). I leave REV IDLE and MAXREV untouched (being both on 0 +/- 0).

I am repeating this for LVR2 with the same numbers.

Nevertheless the EWD shows always this, no matter which moves I make with the levers:

Thanks
Stefan

stefangr
08-23-2012, 05:31 AM
I have played around with the detent positions within the THR LVR setup once more, but I was not successful, the EWD does not show any reaction on throttle movements. This is my latest config that I have tested and I thought that should be working:
TOGA: 65535 +/- 500
FLX 53504 +/- 4000
CL 37376 +/- 4000
IDLE 0 +/- 0
REV IDLE -1000 +/- 0
MAX REV -65535 +/- 63000

I have seen that the axis value is going below zero once I move the levers to REVERSE and the button is pressed. This is why I put -65535 into MAX REV. Since the value is going quite slow down from 0 to -65535 (it takes between 7 and 8 seconds), I have put an error value of 63000 in order not to wait until the value has moved to -65535. So I assume reversers should be activated at -2535 with this config.

Putting in the value of -1000 for REV IDLE was quite tricky since I needed to move down the lever to REVERSE and nearly at the same time press the SET button in order to get a small value under zero. In fact I think this value will nearly ever be reached, but I thought that this is not a big problem.

Is it correct that the values from TOGA down to MAXREV all need a value in this order and that it is not allowed to have 2 levels with the same value? According to this the above values should be OK. Also with regards to the error values there should be no overlapping between 2 levels.

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
08-23-2012, 05:48 AM
Hi,

@Rob: concerning the sounds, it's weird, I did not change anything in that area? I will test again...
For the OC korrys, you may want to reopen SIOC Creator and apply again your configuration every time there is a new version, there usually are some changes which can affect the way an old configuration works.
When you disconnect the AP, if you still have at least one FD on, the FMA keeps the modes it was in (THRUST/SPEED, CLB/DES/ALT, NAV/HDG, etc).

@Stefan: you are right when you say two different detents/positions MUST have different values.
I put a slow counter to increase/decrease the actual reverse position as a pilot would not apply full reverse instantaneously. If you want it to be quicker, you can simply click apply full reverse at any value below REV idle, and put a small error as in that particular case, as long as the reported position is below detent+error value, it will output MAX REV.
To put it differently: let's say you put MAX REV = -5000 with error = 100. As long as the simulated axis is between -4900 and -65535, it will output MAX REV.

Regards,
JL

jeehell
08-23-2012, 05:51 AM
Stefan, also I forgot, never put 0 as an error, you should always put at least a very small one (maybe 1 or 10 or anything).

AirFan
08-23-2012, 05:56 AM
Hi,

@Rob: concerning the sounds, it's weird, I did not change anything in that area? I will test again...
For the OC korrys, you may want to reopen SIOC Creator and apply again your configuration every time there is a new version, there usually are some changes which can affect the way an old configuration works.
When you disconnect the AP, if you still have at least one FD on, the FMA keeps the modes it was in (THRUST/SPEED, CLB/DES/ALT, NAV/HDG, etc).

Thanks for the feedback... I guess will do a complete new install these days to get the sound working again. BTW: What are all these new sounds for "maintain VS maintain"... is it all for the TCAS?
Regarding FMA: I will check if I had a FD active... that might be reason. :)

Thank you!

jeehell
08-23-2012, 06:03 AM
What are all these new sounds for "maintain VS maintain"... is it all for the TCAS?
Yes, I comply with the latest TCAS version.

JL

stefangr
08-23-2012, 06:46 AM
Hi JL,

thanks for your response. Unfortunately it's not working for me. The EWD does not show any change of throttle position, it's simply stuck.

These are the values that I have defined now (both the same for LVR1 + 2):
TOGA 65535 / 500
FLX 53504 / 4000
CL 37376 /4000
IDLE 0 / 500
REV IDLE -2000 / 10
MAXREV -4000 / 100

Any idea what might go wrong here?

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
08-23-2012, 07:01 AM
Hi again,

can you make sure you have hardwareconnect.exe running? I think it's your problem right, because I think I forgot to put it to run automatically when complexjoy is used.

JL

jeehell
08-23-2012, 07:21 AM
@Stefan: run the starter again, it will ask to update. After update is done, before launching again the software, you have to edit the starter.ini file and put "yes" (without the quotes) at the line "HardwareConnect" line. Then when you run the starter again all should be fine.

@Leonidas: I updated the CPflight module, now the glare wings should work (except the AUTOLAND indicator which is not yet implemented in my software). Update is done automatically when running the starter.

Cheers,
JL

AirFan
08-23-2012, 07:33 AM
Hi JL,

question regarding the updater: Does it mean, that all the PC's need to be online? At least the PC running the server? Since non of my Sim PC's are online.

jeehell
08-23-2012, 07:45 AM
Rob,

if you want to use the updater feature, all PCs need to be online to be sure you download all files. Otherwise, I maintain the full pakcage in parallel to make sure it is always up to date. The difference with the updater is that you don't have to go through the setup again, and you will download only the required files, so in overall it is much faster/easier.

JL

stefangr
08-23-2012, 07:58 AM
Hi JL,

thanks for the update which I installed. I am currently setting up the detent positions again. It looks like if you have changed something there: When I move down to REVERSE, the value goes now instantly from 0 to -65535. But with this behaviour I have no chance to submit any value between these two for REV IDLE: will be having 0 for IDLE and -65535 for MAX REV :-(

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
08-23-2012, 08:09 AM
Sorry for that, I accidentally uploaded an older version...
try this one http://www.jeehell.org/ComplexJoy.dll

JL

stefangr
08-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Sorry for that, I accidentally uploaded an older version...
try this one http://www.jeehell.org/ComplexJoy.dll

Thanks! That made it... EWD and joystick axis are fine now :) It's great that I can work with the reverser function and the idle detent on the Saitek Throttle now!

I will need to do some more flights for testing of course, but this is what I found so far:

- ACARS Weather request is working fine again
- Problem with missing T/C on MCDU seems to be gone :)
- Have not got GPWS callouts during final
- "Not for commercial use/not for training" - is this coming from FMGS?
- Seem to have heavier network load on FS PC which makes it stuttering, made a hard landing ;) Will do further tests

Maybe it would be an idea to be able to enter the detent positions from the configuration module also in an editable text file? I don't know how many times I have defined the positions today :) That would make setup also easier for future upgrades...

I think I need to progress with my project and buy new PC(s), the current ones are getting really slow now.

Thanks for your great work!
Stefan

Leonidas
08-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Hi JL
Is FCU software necessary in order for the CPFlight FCU to run? I think not. Please send me the CPFlightModule.ini because is empty!
The plans I saved from PILOTSRTE folder are useless with this version?

jeehell
08-23-2012, 04:13 PM
the ini file should have this inside:

[FCU]
ComPort=5
CPT_EFIS=yes
FO_EFIS=yes
CPT_WING=yes
FO_WING=yes

And you do not need to run the software FCU. Also, old routes are no longer recognized, you need to make new ones.

JL

jeehell
08-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Hi all,

A small update is available fixing the starter tool which took a lot of CPU by itself.

JL

stefangr
08-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Hi JL,

thanks for the update! It looks as if the updater is opening the readme file always twice (first after the update was installed and second after I said "Done")

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
08-25-2012, 12:15 PM
I'll look at it it. Anyway it cannot do harm to read it ;-)

JL

stefangr
08-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Hi JL,

I have made some more flights today. As you know I am using Saitek Throttle together with the new complex joystick function. I noticed some things when using the reverser:

1. When I activate the reverser, the reverser sound from FS is something like an "up and down", as if the reverser is starting and stopping all over
2. When I move the throttle lever afterwards to IDLE again, it takes ~8 seconds until reverser really stops and engines go back to idle.

I assume that both effects have something to do with the fact that the virtual axis need about 8 seconds until it has changed its value from 0 to -65535 and back.

Do you have any idea what one could do?

Thanks
Stefan

AirFan
08-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Hi JL,

I gave up with my sound and MW & MC output issues. I didnt manage to get it to run correctly so I did a complete new install. Now it works. I still have no clue what the problem was but I guess I have to live with it :)

So --> It really looks very sweet now. A BIG THANKS!!!

noticed issues after the first flight WITH SOUNDS :D:

- take a look at the attached shot of the ND. Some constrains are not readable/overlapping.
- when defining constrains wrt alt or speed, some wayspoints dont seem to change their new set altitude on the FPLN page.
- i.e. you are in a managed decent ... the FPLN keeps updating the altitude of the last past waypoint. I could not find any documentation about that. Is that supposed to be like that?
- as I said, I run my clients offline. So everytime I start the autostart I have to click on a "OK" window from the updater somewhere behind my real main instrument panel. It more like a guessing clicking to find this OK button since its not on the visible area of my screens. I guess the error comes from being offline. Is this confirmation really neccessary at all? Why not adding the updater in the starter.ini as an option?
- Have you touched the FBW in any kind with b26?
- Sometimes the "NOT FOR COMMERICIAL USE" banner is abit annoying. Can't you place this note on a less eye-catching place? ;)

Thanks,
Rob

jeehell
08-26-2012, 03:19 AM
Hi,

@Stefan: I will look at that.

@Rob: same goes here... Concerning the updater, if you delete it it should solve your issue. As for FBW yes there were some changes, why?

JL

jeehell
08-26-2012, 03:19 AM
Hi,

@Stefan: I will look at that.

@Rob: same goes here... Concerning the updater, if you delete it it should solve your issue. As for FBW yes there were some changes, why?

JL

AirFan
08-26-2012, 06:05 AM
Hi,

JL

Thanks for the advise with the updater. I'll try it these days. Regarding FBW...I noticed some minor changes and it's on it way to become veeerrry nice! Now it really keeps the pitch attitude independent of bank. NICE!
Only the alpha prot needs some rework as it still allows to high alpha when you do a sudden full back stick at low speeds.

I also noticed a missing ecam message --> when BAT is off you should read "BAT 1 OFF"

ECAM (http://www.a3xxflightdeck.com/ecam-msg)

Maybe you can fix that with fixing the states of all korrys when the AC is powerless.

Regards,
Rob

a320231
08-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Hi Jeehell!

First i would like to thank you for the new version!
I just install it now but i cant make the server module to connect with the FSX.
Any ideas what can be wrong?

I have a fresh install of Win7-64bit and FSX.

Thank you for your time,

Regards

Panayiotis

AirFan
08-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Hi Panayiotis,

just a thought... have you installed the current version of FSUIPC?

Rob

a320231
08-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Hi Panayiotis,

just a thought... have you installed the current version of FSUIPC?

Rob

Thank you Rob!!!

Indeed i didnt installed the latest version of FSUIPC.

I tried to make a test flight but all displays are moving too slow..(i'm using network)
Anyone have the same issue?Is it running smooth on you?

Thank you again for the solution/help.

Regards to all the team

Panayiotis

jeehell
08-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Hi Panayiotis,

can you check if any software in particular is using the CPU more than it should be?

JL

netserv
08-27-2012, 04:10 AM
Hi , thanks for the B26!

I am still testing and give some feedback here....
- in documentation there are offsets mentioned, but how can i send commands trough your fmgs module to fsx?
- Can I call the dll functions from VB direct?
- also I saw, that navdata seems not to be imported, import-window closes in less than a second...
- how can i avoid the updater-start every launch of the program when there is no new update?
- performance problems on 2 FDs and PFDs on one (really fast) computer, program eats 90% of cpu

thanks for any reply that helps, Guenther
Airbus Flightsimulator | Last update: August, 16th 2012 This site shows the progress of my project building a fully functional home flightsimulator. (http://tomschik.at)

jeehell
08-27-2012, 06:22 AM
Hello Guenther,

-FSUIPC commands are always processed by FSUIPC itself inside FS. So, from any software linked to FSUIPC, you can change both FS controls and FMGS controls.
-Regarding the navdata, it takes long only on the FMGS Server computer. If on this computer the import is very quick you probably didn't provide the right Leveld Database folder.
-If you don't want the updater, for now you can only remove the updater software (delete or change the filename).
-Which soft exactly eats the more CPU?

regards
JL

startrail
08-27-2012, 06:54 AM
Hello,

I've just finished the B26 version, available here (http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B26.exe).
I completely reworked the VNAV, added back the TCAS and also adde an "updater" tool which runs automatically when you launch the starter. It will then allow you to download the new versions when they are ready.

Cheers,
JL

Thank you very much for your continuous efforts.

I have installed beta 26. Once the airplane is airborne the elevators are full up which stall the plane.

Thank you in advance

jeehell
08-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Hi,

Did you install the latest version of FSUIPC?

JL

AirFan
08-28-2012, 04:21 PM
After my 3 flights with b26 I gotta say that it looks pretty good now :)

this is what I found so far:

- had one server crash though and the MCDU showed "MCDU display problem, please report issue". It was after a Go Around. The AC was in hold an I tried to reactivate the approach. The MCDU popped this message and in addtion a window came up that the server crashed.

- please take a look a the brightness control for the CPT PFD... I can't control the brightness correctly since B26. Maybe it came with your updates on PFD and ND. The CPT ND works though.

- just had a short email with Marcin. I kindly asked about adding the power state for the AC. So the hardware FCU digits and Leds are all off when the AC has no power. He mentioned that the new .dll is not using offsets anymore but JL SDK. Any chance of support this issue from your side?

- missing ECAM MSG "BAT X OFF" when batteries off.

Kind Regards,
Rob

jeehell
08-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Hello,

- I will look at the brightness control.
- The power ON/OFF state is already working, I believe Marcin has to work on getting it right. Anyway he's in contact with me.
- yes don't worry, I'll add it someday.

Regards,
JL

skalarki
08-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Hi

Rob. Soon after consultation with JL I will update .dll
Comming soon;)

Marcin

AirFan
08-31-2012, 03:08 AM
Hi

Rob. Soon after consultation with JL I will update .dll
Comming soon;)

Marcin

YEE-HA!!! Looking forward! Thank you guys!

cheers,
Rob

SimStar001
09-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Hello JL, over the weekend i did some heavy tests on my cockpit. Sometimes alone, sometimes in cooperation with Marcin.
Some things are strange.

1. HardwareConnect.exe crashes after a period of about 30 minutes at least.
This happens when running Skalarki Profiler on Server PC. Then this happened I connected Marcins TQ and FCU.
2. Running Skalarki Profiler at one Client PC, connected are TQ, FCU, Glares, Pedestal and Captain MCDU, HardwareConnect.exe does not crash, but after about 3 up to 5 Minutes or after doing some Actions with Hardware, only TQ are still working. All the other hardware isn't working for further. I did end Profile in Skalarki and restarted the Profile in Skalarki, after this, hardware works again, but again for maximum some minutes, or some actions doing with hardware.

In both cases, FCU isnt working correctly. In Beta 25 which was installed before, all was working fine on FCU. With beta 26, most of buttons and all encoders aren't working. I tested hardware with Profiler, and all is ook and works fine.

Next comes to EWD. not matter if TQ is running via network or directly connected to server PC, reaction of the display, dots running into detends position as well as increasing or decreasing the thrust value on display is very very slow and of course it comes all with seconds of delay.

Do you have any Idea?
Should I post this problems in the bugtracker?

I am still in contact with Marcin to regonize there the problem is, and we are doing some tests as well....

Best Regards

Marco

AirFan
09-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Hi Marco,

just some feedback for you regarding my FCU from Marcin running B25 and B26 and Skalarki profiler 3 and now 3.1. I dont have any of your problems. In general the FCU works fine. I have done several flights with it. However, I can confirm that hardware connect sometimes just freezes in B26. Not very often though.

my current setup:
main pc running FSX, JL server, Marcins Profiler, OC SIOC, CPT displays

client running: EWD, SD, STBY Instruments and FO displays

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
09-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Hi Marco,

Hardware connect works perfectly for several hours on my system with other modules (SIOC, FDS and CPflight), without crashsing. I'm affraid the problem is coming from the module Skalarki provides. I cannot offer support for a module which I did not program myself.
If Marcin finds a bug in the interface, then he should contact me, he already has my email...

Regards,
JL

Leonidas
09-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Hi JL
When N1 is decimal, the numbers in the boxes look like that: 52?8.0% (where "?" is a rectancular sumbol I can't type...) instead of 52.8%. When N1 is integer is OK (e.g. 52.0%). The N2 numbers are always OK.
How could I fix that?
When I multiply x2 or x4 the simulation rate, the chronometer on ND continues with x1 rate. So at the end, the duration of flight is much shorter. Maybe you could fix that?
Thanks a lot
Regards

AirFan
09-10-2012, 05:28 AM
Hi JL,

B26 is really nice! What I noticed when you enter a STAR with a WP on the extended runway centerline and maybe some WPs in between, sometimes the LOC won't activate (even it is armed) and the AC remains in NAV mode.
So e.g. your heading is 30deg off runway centerline. The AC is in NAV mode and GS + LOC is armed.... when reaching the extended centerline the AC turns into the runway direction but not due the LOC capture but due to its next WP. However, the LOC bug is alive and very close to its center. Maybe you can tune the LOC activation sensetivity. Do you know what I mean?

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
09-11-2012, 05:27 AM
Hi,

Leonidas, I hope the N1 bug is fixed in next released. AS for simulation rate, the AP/FBW is not meant to be used with settigns other than x1 so I will not change that sorry.

Rob, I am already aware of this bug, you can force LOC* by engaging HDG/TRACK mode before intercepting the LLZ.

Regards,
JL

startrail
09-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Working perfectly after downloading latest version of FSUIPC. Thank you

chris68
09-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Hi everybody here in this forum,
i am curious about the JeeHell software so i tested this Software and have to admit it's quiete nice, even there are some bugs inside. Well, i need to say that i am a real A320 rated Pilot and flying for a German company, so i tested this program in direct comparation to the real Aircraft.
My aspiration is to make this program better and i hope my, let me say "buglist" is welcome or will not misunderstood. It's also possible that my configuration is wrong and that lead to a bug, whatever, i wished to get qualified feedbacks.
I used Version 26beta on 2 PC each with a 3 monitors on an HD5850 graphics card.

1) -------- (I think it's an important problem)
Flight model, Engine model:
I used the iFDG A320 model in FS2004

First i found out, that the acceleration on runway is to less ( +15%)
In addition the acceleration of the engine is to less (+15%)

Very difficult it the behaviour on landing, particular with going to full flaps and lowest speed.
We assume auto-trust ON and we just set the final flaps.
The speed falling down in direction minimum speed ( the floor protection, orange range). Then the engine start the acceleration on time (before the target speed is reached) but the acceleration is to less so under certain circumstances (high decent rate) the speed can fall under the minimum speed (far into the orange range) and switch off the AP. This behaviour is absolute irregular. The speed must be kept on all circumstances above the minimum speed and around the target speed. The control-loop from the FADEC is simply to slow in my opinion.
May be it's only necessary to increase the power of the engine but i think the acceleration of the engines should be faster ( 10% at least).

2) --------- (may be important)
MCDU - F-Plan Page/ Alternate Input: (also high priority bug i guess)
If you entered an Alternate and you would like to enter an arrival route in the F-Plan Page or even in the airport page you get all arrivals from your origin destination. If you choose on the wrong arrival routes the whole software crash down and freeze.
It happens that the Fuel calculation is sometimes nonsense ( > 90 ton of fuel required).
Sometimes you get a copy of the original flight plan instead of an alternate.

3) ---------- (also important)
MCDU F-Plan Page/ Plan Mode ND-Display:
captain steps the waypoint up/ and down in the MCDU: The associate waypoints in the captain ND-Display don't change instead on FO-ND display you see the move of waypoints: On FO-MCDU you can see the moving of waypoint on Captains ND-display.

4) ----------
FCU:
Assume you are shortly before capturing the ILS but first the GP is coming and the localizer is still out of range:
Then the FCU start the decent. This is wrong because it can leads to dangerous situations. Until you don't see the localizer the A320 does not start the decent.

5) ----------
FCU:
Assume we are in cruise, managed Mode (ALT). The automatic decent starts only if you passing the T/D point, but in real you always can start always the decent when you first enter a new Altitude and then press ALT Button.

6) ----------
EFIS:
Assume you are in decent above transition on STD QNH. The QNH sign flash already above transition. in real it should flash when you are below transition.

7) ----------
SD-Door Page:
both (4 on A321) emergency over wing exits is the word "slide armed" missing. On all regular doors these expression comes after closing doors handle in flight position(in park position those words are disappeared. Otherwise a pilot would never fly when all doors are not armed.

8 ) ---------
FCU:
After programming a new flight plan and all corresponding data's for a a flight are set in the MCDU the initial setting for the FCU should be (you never touched any button on the FCU before)
Speed in managed Mode ( dot is on)
Lateral in managed mode ( dot is on)
Altitudes are not in managed, AP and Auto Thrust are off ( goes on when on Flex Power or TOGA)

9) --------
Overhead/No Smoking lights:
regular procedure before TakeOff leads to illuminate the checklist "No smoking" in blue (is to check) instead in green(checked,OK).
Auto->OFF->AUTO

10) ---------
SD-Display Warnings:
assume you are on ground and parking brake is set. if the wrong Flaps-setting is set you get a wrong Master Warning "Flaps are not in T/O position"
This happens only if you release the parking brake and you put the power upward (engines are running). It is independent from everything else.

11) ---------
MCDU-Performance page:
V2 < 148 is not possible to enter. 148 and higher only with almost full loading, cold temperaturs, low pressure Altitudes and long RWY valid.
if any loading changing's after we put in the V1,VR,V2 then a revised speed for V1,VR,V2 should be offered and the message "check performance page" is alerting you.

12) ---------
PFD-Displays:
assume you are on intercept for an ILS.
The Glideslope indicates an asterisk ("*") although you are not having the glide in range.

13) ---------
PFD-Displays:
Assume AP is on and you are in HDG Mode and the Approach Button is armed. You don't see the HDG Indication. this means a "HDG" sign over the blue LOC

14) ---------
ECAM TakeOff Checklist:
Item Cabin READY in green is missing.

15) --------
PDF-Displays:
On PFD-Displays in climb the vertical speed indication does not show the "+"

16) --------
MCDU-Progress page:
Inputs like EDDF25C are not possible, only EDDF

17) --------
MCDU-Performance Page:
regular input is 1/0.1DN does not work. The DN or UP will not understand.

18 ) --------
SD / Cabin Pressurisation indication:
the Pressurisation indication is wrong.
the output valve is usually almost closed ( except in some emergency cases)
the extract valve is closed as well

20) --------
Engine Instruments:
we see a static blue line between the commanded and actual Power instead of a Trend indicator.

21) --------
Starting engine procedure on pedestal:
we can start the engine only if you set first the ignition from Norm to Start position and then switching on the Fuel valve from Off to on.
In real you can do it also if you first switching on the fuel valve from Off to on and then put ignition to start. There is no further protection, only a checklist that telling the order. (All A320 versions so far i know)

22) --------
Flaps-Indication SD-Display:
it happens sometimes after the second TO that the Flaps showing a stupid (wrong) indication. For example Slats on full position and flaps at position 1.
Commanded flaps-position was 1 and you see it through the blue arrows. You can see the desired slats and flaps position are on position 1 but indeed they don't stopping at this position and going on such unvalid positions like 4 (slats) and 1 (flaps) . Usually the slats are extenting equally to with the flaps or are only one step back or ahead.

23) --------
ECAM - Fuel Page:
Fuel flow of 800 kg/h is really to much in the engine start time. it's should be only around 200 kg/h

24) --------
MCDU F-Plane page:
The second flight-plan page is missing that provide further informations like EFOB and windcomponents

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So guys, tried to reconstruct (http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/reconstruct.html) my described situations and tell me your opinion...
Chris

jeehell
09-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Hi Chris,

This is a very interesting post indeed. Unfortunately, right now it's already late here, and I don't have much time to answer/ask a couple questions about each items you raised.
I will try to make an elaborate psot tomorrow (if I can skip some parts of my real life work that is :-D)

Cheers,
JL

chris68
09-13-2012, 01:15 AM
Hi JeeHell,
take your time, we all have a private and a working life as well.

chris68
09-13-2012, 06:02 AM
My posting is disapeared (It was entry #51).. I don't know why, i guess the server had a problem...

AirFan
09-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Hi Chris68,

Thanks for this nice & detailed contribution :)

Cheers,
Rob

Leonidas
09-14-2012, 02:29 AM
Hi Chris68
I'm happy you join us. First of all could you please repeat the post putting numbers in front of each of them, so we can reference to them easily when we reproduce these situations? Secontly, in some of them I don't understand if something do or should do, e.g. "Altitudes are not in managed, AP and Auto Thrust are off"... In real or in Jeehell software?
Anyway for my first sight I can confirm three of them:
1. Very difficult it the behaviour on landing
2. MCDU - F-Plan Page/ Alternate Input
3. Engine Instruments

I can't confirm:
1. Assume we are in cruise, managed Mode (ALT). The automatic decent starts....(I can start decent anytime by pressing ALT)
2. Start procedure pedestal (I can start the engines with any order)

Regards

chris68
09-14-2012, 06:03 AM
Thank you for your reply, Leonidas.
let me explain your mentioned items more precisely. So, you can't confirm Item 5) and 21).

about item 5): you have set a flightplan with all calculations, means altitudes and speeds. The MCDU calculates a point of decent and show it in the F-Plan page and in the PFD's. If you are flying in managed mode ( dot is on) the MCDU start the decent automaticly on that point of decent ( i can't rember that was working so it's still to be tested). It's usually that the ATC give you an earlier decent (the calculated is the latest point of decent), before the calculated top of decent is reached. Then you simple turn the desired altitude into the FCU and pressing the ALT button. Now the MCDU put at this new position the top of decent and make her new calculations ( fuel, speed, time...) and updating the flight plan. You could also use the select mode (pull ALT button) but this will not update the Flight plan, so its just used for temporary changes due to traffic or wheather. In JeeHell Software i couln't decent earlier, only in select mode.

About Item 21). So far i observed there is an certain order to switch on the engine.
Well, the basic conditions are, electric on, Power idle, APU bleed valve on, then you can start the engine in JeeHell only if you do this order: first Swich the ignition to start, then open the fuel valve, if you do it opposite ( first valve then iginition) it will not start the engine. In a real airplane it does, because it's will be controlled by FADEC. Nevertheless the checklist said cautionary or historicaly first inginition on then fuelvalve on as it used in all airplanes without FADEC because otherwise it could going unburned fuel into the engine and that can caused a damaged due to much fuel if the inginition is switched on.

Hope, now everybody can imagine what i mean.

jeehell
09-14-2012, 09:27 AM
Hello all,

I'll try to answer each items in Chris list.

Very difficult it the behaviour on landing, particular with going to full flaps and lowest speed.
The speed falling down in direction minimum speed ( the floor protection, orange range). Then the engine start the acceleration on time (before the target speed is reached) but the acceleration is to less so under certain circumstances (high decent rate) the speed can fall under the minimum speed (far into the orange range) and switch off the AP. This behaviour is absolute irregular. The speed must be kept on all circumstances above the minimum speed and around the target speed. The control-loop from the FADEC is simply to slow in my opinion.
May be it's only necessary to increase the power of the engine but i think the acceleration of the engines should be faster ( 10% at least).
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a difficult topic. It's really difficult to create a reaslitic FDE, as there are not that many detailed figures available, and most FDE creators are not real A320 pilots.
As for RWY acceleration, I didn't note anything troubling here. As a real life ATC, I compared take off runs with real A320s, and there is no notable differences. I admit i did not test all the TO weight range, and most probably the FDE we use now should not be used with MTOW loading.
As for engines acceleration, I can try to enhance the control loop a bit. it's true that with sudden attitude changes, the ATHR can have some troubles at low speeds.

2) --------- (may be important)
MCDU - F-Plan Page/ Alternate Input: (also high priority bug i guess)
If you entered an Alternate and you would like to enter an arrival route in the F-Plan Page or even in the airport page you get all arrivals from your origin destination. If you choose on the wrong arrival routes the whole software crash down and freeze.
It happens that the Fuel calculation is sometimes nonsense ( > 90 ton of fuel required).
Sometimes you get a copy of the original flight plan instead of an alternate.
I'm working on this issue already for next release, hopefully it will be solved. Also, please note my software is probably the most accurate VNAV system out there (even compared with payware) as it does take into account temperatures and weight according to the FDE used (and not real world figures, as it would be pointless here) and also route winds. So even if it's not perfect yet, it can be accurate down to 1 minute of flight and 500kg of fuel on 1-2 hours legs.

captain steps the waypoint up/ and down in the MCDU: The associate waypoints in the captain ND-Display don't change instead on FO-ND display you see the move of waypoints: On FO-MCDU you can see the moving of waypoint on Captains ND-display.
I don't get this one: on the real ACFT, when in plan mode, the CPT MCDU should scroll the WPTs on the FO MCDU???

4) ----------
FCU:
Assume you are shortly before capturing the ILS but first the GP is coming and the localizer is still out of range:
Then the FCU start the decent. This is wrong because it can leads to dangerous situations. Until you don't see the localizer the A320 does not start the decent.
Yes I will look at that.

5) ----------
FCU:
Assume we are in cruise, managed Mode (ALT). The automatic decent starts only if you passing the T/D point, but in real you always can start always the decent when you first enter a new Altitude and then press ALT Button.
As far as I know, you always need to push/pull the ALT button to initiate descent, it cannot be automatic upond T/D sequencing.
And I can confirm on this aspect my software does work??

6) ----------
EFIS:
Assume you are in decent above transition on STD QNH. The QNH sign flash already above transition. in real it should flash when you are below transition.
OK. Can you describe the full logic (departure and arrival)?

7) ----------
SD-Door Page:
both (4 on A321) emergency over wing exits is the word "slide armed" missing. On all regular doors these expression comes after closing doors handle in flight position(in park position those words are disappeared. Otherwise a pilot would never fly when all doors are not armed.
OK

8 ) ---------
FCU:
After programming a new flight plan and all corresponding data's for a a flight are set in the MCDU the initial setting for the FCU should be (you never touched any button on the FCU before)
Altitudes are not in managed, AP and Auto Thrust are off ( goes on when on Flex Power or TOGA)
OK. And the FCU ALT window stays at the latest set altitude?

9) --------
regular procedure before TakeOff leads to illuminate the checklist "No smoking" in blue (is to check) instead in green(checked,OK).
Auto->OFF->AUTO
I don't understand precisely that one?

10) ---------
SD-Display Warnings:
assume you are on ground and parking brake is set. if the wrong Flaps-setting is set you get a wrong Master Warning "Flaps are not in T/O position"
This happens only if you release the parking brake and you put the power upward (engines are running). It is independent from everything else.
I will check, I thought the behaviour was as you describe?

11) ---------
MCDU-Performance page:
V2 < 148 is not possible to enter. 148 and higher only with almost full loading, cold temperaturs, low pressure Altitudes and long RWY valid.
if any loading changing's after we put in the V1,VR,V2 then a revised speed for V1,VR,V2 should be offered and the message "check performance page" is alerting you.
OK

12) ---------
PFD-Displays:
The Glideslope indicates an asterisk ("*") although you are not having the glide in range.
Is that a software error or real life fact?

13) ---------
PFD-Displays:
Assume AP is on and you are in HDG Mode and the Approach Button is armed. You don't see the HDG Indication. this means a "HDG" sign over the blue LOC

14) ---------
ECAM TakeOff Checklist:
Item Cabin READY in green is missing.
Ok

15) --------
PDF-Displays:
On PFD-Displays in climb the vertical speed indication does not show the "+"
OK

16) --------
MCDU-Progress page:
Inputs like EDDF25C are not possible, only EDDF
OK

17) --------
MCDU-Performance Page:
regular input is 1/0.1DN does not work. The DN or UP will not understand.
OK

18 ) --------
SD / Cabin Pressurisation indication:
the Pressurisation indication is wrong.
the output valve is usually almost closed ( except in some emergency cases)
the extract valve is closed as well
I'm working on the pressurization system as well.

20) --------
Engine Instruments:
we see a static blue line between the commanded and actual Power instead of a Trend indicator.
Even on old CRT avionics?

21) --------
Starting engine procedure on pedestal:
we can start the engine only if you set first the ignition from Norm to Start position and then switching on the Fuel valve from Off to on.
In real you can do it also if you first switching on the fuel valve from Off to on and then put ignition to start. There is no further protection, only a checklist that telling the order. (All A320 versions so far i know)
OK

22) --------
Flaps-Indication SD-Display:
it happens sometimes after the second TO that the Flaps showing a stupid (wrong) indication. For example Slats on full position and flaps at position 1.
Commanded flaps-position was 1 and you see it through the blue arrows. You can see the desired slats and flaps position are on position 1 but indeed they don't stopping at this position and going on such unvalid positions like 4 (slats) and 1 (flaps) . Usually the slats are extenting equally to with the flaps or are only one step back or ahead.
I will check that

23) --------
ECAM - Fuel Page:
Fuel flow of 800 kg/h is really to much in the engine start time. it's should be only around 200 kg/h
This is linked with FDE discussion in point 1. It's almost impossible to get the FDE accurate in all phases of flight. It's an FS limitation.

24) --------
MCDU F-Plane page:
The second flight-plan page is missing that provide further informations like EFOB and windcomponents
Should be in next version.

Thanks for your comments. Be sure that if I have questions, I'll think of you!

JL

Leonidas
09-14-2012, 10:57 AM

about item 5): you have set a flightplan with all calculations, means altitudes and speeds. The MCDU calculates a point of decent and show it in the F-Plan page and in the PFD's. If you are flying in managed mode ( dot is on) the MCDU start the decent automaticly on that point of decent ( i can't rember that was working so it's still to be tested). It's usually that the ATC give you an earlier decent (the calculated is the latest point of decent), before the calculated top of decent is reached. Then you simple turn the desired altitude into the FCU and pressing the ALT button. Now the MCDU put at this new position the top of decent and make her new calculations ( fuel, speed, time...) and updating the flight plan. You could also use the select mode (pull ALT button) but this will not update the Flight plan, so its just used for temporary changes due to traffic or wheather. In JeeHell Software i couln't decent earlier, only in select mode.

Talking about the software, not real flight: The A/C doesn't start decenting at the TOD automatically. So, I usually push ALT before the TOD and the managed decent starts as it should, but I don't notice any changes in fuel, speed, etc calculations in MCDU indeed...

Leonidas
09-14-2012, 11:03 AM

About Item 21). So far i observed there is an certain order to switch on the engine.
Well, the basic conditions are, electric on, Power idle, APU bleed valve on, then you can start the engine in JeeHell only if you do this order: first Swich the ignition to start, then open the fuel valve, if you do it opposite ( first valve then iginition) it will not start the engine. In a real airplane it does, because it's will be controlled by FADEC. Nevertheless the checklist said cautionary or historicaly first inginition on then fuelvalve on as it used in all airplanes without FADEC because otherwise it could going unburned fuel into the engine and that can caused a damaged due to much fuel if the inginition is switched on.

Talking about the software, not real flight: Please retest it, because I always open the fuel valves first and then set ignition on and engines start without any problem.

chris68
09-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Talking about the software, not real flight: The A/C doesn't start decenting at the TOD automatically. So, I usually push ALT before the TOD and the managed decent starts as it should, but I don't notice any changes in fuel, speed, etc calculations in MCDU indeed...

as i said, is the FCU in vertical managed mode (dot on, Alt windows is slashed) then it should start the decent automaticly and all further decends or climbs if it programmed in the f-plan page) or your initiate is by turning a new Altitude and push push the ALT button( dot also is illuminated):
--> when you pull the button that means it the selected mode (dot is off, Alt-Window shows selected altitude) and have nothing to do with the vertical path of the MCDU anymore, we only we decent (or climbing) to this assigned altitude and hold this Alt

chris68
09-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Tanks JH for you effort. i hope i can give you convenient feedback. Feel free to reply.

The speed falling down in direction minimum speed ( the floor protection, orange range). Then the engine start the acceleration on time (before the target speed is
reached) but the acceleration is to less so under certain circumstances (high decent rate) the speed can fall under the minimum speed (far into the orange range) and
switch off the AP. This behaviour is absolute irregular. The speed must be kept on all circumstances above the minimum speed and around the target speed. The
control-loop from the FADEC is simply to slow in my opinion.
This is a difficult topic. It's really difficult to create a reaslitic FDE, as there are not that many detailed figures available, and most FDE creators are not real A320 pilots.
As for RWY acceleration, I didn't note anything troubling here. As a real life ATC, I compared take off runs with real A320s, and there is no notable differences. I admit i did not test all the TO weight range, and most probably the FDE we use now should not be used with MTOW loading.
As for engines acceleration, I can try to enhance the control loop a bit. it's true that with sudden attitude changes, the ATHR can have some troubles at low speeds.
i flew about several hundert times from Munich airport and i can tell you on which high speed exit we usually reach the rotation speed. in the FS2004 i got it far behind (15%) although all condition was set on ISA. I thought there is a coherence between this and the lost of the AP due to enter the orange range. May be i am wrong.
By the way, i made 3 or 4 approaches and only one was not disconnecting my AP. But in all landing i was in the orange range. My Captain would be shouting if i did that in
real.

captain steps the waypoint up/ and down in the MCDU: The associate waypoints in the captain ND-Display don't change instead on FO-ND display you see the move of
waypoints: On FO-MCDU you can see the moving of waypoint on Captains ND-display.
I don't get this one: on the real ACFT, when in plan mode, the CPT MCDU should scroll the WPTs on the FO MCDU???
Sorry for beeing not precisely. The captain MDCU steps up/down in flight page and it should be that his ND-display is rotating the selected waypoints. But in your software it does the FO-ND-Display rotating.

5) ----------
FCU:
Assume we are in cruise, managed Mode (ALT). The automatic decent starts only if you passing the T/D point, but in real you always can start always the decent when
you first enter a new Altitude and then press ALT Button.
As far as I know, you always need to push/pull the ALT button to initiate descent, it cannot be automatic upond T/D sequencing.
And I can confirm on this aspect my software does work??
Please look at my previous post.

6) ----------
EFIS:
OK. Can you describe the full logic (departure and arrival)?
The flashing indicate that you may be set the wrong QNH. Above transition you set you STD, if not it's flashing. In decent it's flash also if you come below transition and you are still in STD. In your software it'S flasing someware above transition and you had a STD setting.

8 ) ---------
FCU:
After programming a new flight plan and all corresponding data's for a a flight are set in the MCDU the initial setting for the FCU should be (you never touched any
button on the FCU before)
OK. And the FCU ALT window stays at the latest set altitude?
The Altitude will be set on the first Altitude step on the actual departure route (clearance limit). See also index 5).

9) --------
Auto->OFF->AUTO
I don't understand precisely that one?
In real we do make this check with the "No Smoking sign": Auto->OFF->AUTO. After that the ECAM checklist has a green(checked,OK) line but in your software it's in blue (is to check)

10) ---------
SD-Display Warnings:
I will check, I thought the behaviour was as you describe?
I get the warning in your software although the conditions are not fulfilled for takeoff (parking brake was set)

12) ---------
PFD-Displays:
Your software show me the asterics far before i can't see the glide. Only if the glide in range the asteriks is visible until the airplane is established on the glide

13) ---------
PFD-Displays:
In read aircraft you see HDG" sign over the blue LOC

20) --------
Engine Instruments:
Even on old CRT avionics?
I don't know about the old 320-100 with CRT but the 200 does always show a trend and not a steady blue indicator.

-----
i can offer an FCOM A320 from our company ( 3500 pages)

Chris

Leonidas
09-14-2012, 01:45 PM
I don't know about the old 320-100 with CRT but the 200 does always show a trend and not a stady blue indicator.

Please JeeHell... make the new style E/WD be the next big update. It would be perfect!

Airmichel
09-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Hi JL,

Thanks for the great new Version!

I have switched to the new Version B26 and have the following Problem. In both ND displays will only display "MAP NOT AVAIL HDG / GPS PRIMARY LOST".I don`t see any flight route. Each ND is on another PC (Dual core 3 GHz). I use the original Navdata from Version B26. Do you have an idea where that comes from?

The second Problem is, when I start and press the AP1 Button, the plane climbs too strong (6000 ft/min and more) and the speed goes to A-floor.

Greetings Micha

chris68
09-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Talking about the software, not real flight: Please retest it, because I always open the fuel valves first and then set ignition on and engines start without any problem.

I restest the engine again.
First: fuel valve on and then Second: ignition to start and i have to confirm it does not start the engine.only if i do it opposite. I use Version 26beta. Well, we will see what JeeHell is saying about this behavior. it's in fact a minor bug.

AirFan
09-14-2012, 05:14 PM
Hi JL,

Thanks for the great new Version!

I have switched to the new Version B26 and have the following Problem. In both ND displays will only display "MAP NOT AVAIL HDG / GPS PRIMARY LOST".I don`t see any flight route. Each ND is on another PC (Dual core 3 GHz). I use the original Navdata from Version B26. Do you have an idea where that comes from?

The second Problem is, when I start and press the AP1 Button, the plane climbs too strong (6000 ft/min and more) and the speed goes to A-floor.

Greetings Micha

@ Micha,

as far as I know b26 does not provide you with any "original" navdata. After a clean install you should not have any waypoints in your database. YOU have to install it and its up to you what nav cycle you chose. However, you need to install any navdata in order to fly correctly. The manual decribes how to install a new navdatabase.

@ Jeehell: - YES... the new style EWD would be really nice!!! Thumbs ups!
- YES... the model needs some tweaking in low speed with respect to ATHR acceleration behaviour... if that is not possible maybe you can tune the alpha prot...now a stall is still possible.

@ all: Nice posts lately guys. Thanks!

Rob

Airmichel
09-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Hi Rob,

thanks for your answer. I have now installed Navdata and the Problem is still the same. For testing I have the CPT ND installed on the server, now work both CPT ND `s on the server and on the client PC .The FO ND on the second client PC is not working. I dont no why?

greetings Micha

jeehell
09-15-2012, 04:21 PM
3)This is very strange, I don't have this behaviour. Can you make sure you did not inadvertently invert the CPT/FO version of the ND software?

5)I have tried on a real ECA FAROS trainer the T/D feature, and I'm almost sure the ACFT will not descend automatically at T/D, it needs human input to do that. Also when it reaches CRZ ALT, the ALT dot disappears from the FCU ALT window. Can you confirm this behaviour?

I already have several FCOMs, unless yours is in colour (I doubt there are any in colour but who knows...).
Anyway thanks for your help and support, I hope you'll stick around for some time to enlighten us!

Cheers,
JL

jeehell
09-15-2012, 04:24 PM
@Micha:
this is strange. you're sure you have updated to B26 on all of your computers?
Does the FO ND runs normally on the server PC?
Does Widefgms server show any sign of bad behaviour such as clients connecting/disconnecting?

@Rob and Leonidas: the LCD version will come someday, not in next version though, this is a LOT of work.

cheers
JL

adonismartinez
09-16-2012, 12:09 AM
3)This is very strange, I don't have this behaviour. Can you make sure you did not inadvertently invert the CPT/FO version of the ND software?

5)I have tried on a real ECA FAROS trainer the T/D feature, and I'm almost sure the ACFT will not descend automatically at T/D, it needs human input to do that. Also when it reaches CRZ ALT, the ALT dot disappears from the FCU ALT window. Can you confirm this behaviour?

I already have several FCOMs, unless yours is in colour (I doubt there are any in colour but who knows...).
Anyway thanks for your help and support, I hope you'll stick around for some time to enlighten us!

Cheers,
JL

Hi,

I completely agree with Jeehell, the airplane will never descent by itself when reaching the Top-of-descent, while in managed modes, you will only receive the "DECELERATE" message in the PFD and MCDUS. The normal call out is " Clear Decelerate? "
then ask to ATC for a lower lever.

Cheers,
Adonis

chris68
09-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Hi,

I completely agree with Jeehell, the airplane will never descent by itself when reaching the Top-of-descent, while in managed modes, you will only receive the "DECELERATE" message in the PFD and MCDUS. The normal call out is " Clear Decelerate? "
then ask to ATC for a lower lever.

Cheers,
Adonis

Hi JeeHeel, Hi Adonis,

i have to admit that your feedback, particular that Adnos is saying is absolute right. Sorry for my wrong expression, it was simple to late for me.
Definitely the decent will not start after, let me specifiy, the pilot press the Alt-button again, while you are already in managed mode. Furthermore in managed mode the FMGC does calculate an virtual path and if you passing this point of decent then the message " Clear Decelerate? " is comming to remind you. Also if you are far above the Path then the other message "more drag" will be displayed to remind that you need the speed brakes.

--> In my test the Autopilot does not start the decent before or after the T/D in managed mode, only in seleced mode but this Mode does not keep the virtual path that is programmed.

jeehell
09-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Ok that's reassurring ;-)
But I'm quitr sure the soft will descend as asked (selecteD/managed)....
I'll check...
JL

Leonidas
09-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Hi JL
The A/C model iFDG from v.25.2 is the same than that in v.26?

jeehell
09-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Hi

Yes the model is the same. There might be a little difference concerning the flaps settings (different extension angles for the flaps detents) but the flight model itself is unchanged.

JL

Airmichel
09-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Hi JL,

I have in the last 2 days my cockpit software new installed . The old software uninstalled and on 4 Pc's all reconfigured. After the first start, the ND was displayd. After the next start i have the same problem, no ND.
In FMGS_Server.exe everything is right connected. Do you have another idea, I have no more idea.

Another problem is, when I press the button "Show / Hide unnecessary Windows" disconnected the client with the MCDU EWD and SD. The connection can not restarted.

I hope you can help me?

greetings Micha

Leonidas
09-19-2012, 06:36 AM
Hi JL,
I have in the last 2 days my cockpit software new installed . The old software uninstalled and on 4 Pc's all reconfigured. After the first start, the ND was displayd. After the next start i have the same problem, no ND.
In FMGS_Server.exe everything is right connected. Do you have another idea, I have no more idea.
Another problem is, when I press the button "Show / Hide unnecessary Windows" disconnected the client with the MCDU EWD and SD. The connection can not restarted.
I hope you can help me?
greetings Micha

First of all please describe us your configuration. Which module did you install to which PC e.g.:
PC1: Windows 7 SP1 x64, FSX, JeeHell Server, MCDU
PC2: Windows XP SP3, Captain PFD, Captain ND etc...

When you said "next start" you mean after a reboot, after a flight leg, after a FMGS server restart, what exactly?
When you said "no ND" you mean that the module doesn't start or it runs normally, but is black?
The "Show/Hide" problem seems to be OS or network issue. Be sure that Windows and IP network are in excellent contition, before the JeeHell installation.

Fritz
09-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Do you use a security software like Norton? I had also wondered why the program freezes after a while.
It was because WideFMGS or WideFMGSserver was automatically removed by the security software.
You need to exclude this from scanning by the security software.

Airmichel
09-21-2012, 01:33 AM
Hello Leonidas and Fritz,

The configuration of the computer is ok. When I do the ping test everything is correct. With the old version B25.2 it worked with the same configuration. For my cockpit, I use no security software. Only the firewall of the router.

Greetings Micha

Airmichel
09-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Hi JL,

after many tests still no success! Only for Version B26 I upgraded my system.

This is my new system:
Pc1/Dual Core 3GHz/WinXP 32Bit/FMGS_SERVER/HardwareConnect/WideFMGSServer/Sound/Sioc/FS9
Pc2/Dual Core 3GHz/WinXP 32Bit/OVHD/FCU/FO-EFIS
Pc3/Dual Core 2,7GHz/WinXP 32Bit/MCDU/FO-MCDU/EWD/SD/STBY
Pc4/i5 Quad Core 3GHz/Win7 64Bit/CPT-PFD/CPT-ND/FO-PFD/FO-ND

I tried different AIRAC's, have everything installed on one PC, but no display on the ND. I install only CPT-PFD or FO-PFD, i use only CPT-ND or FO-ND on different Pc`s. None of these actions shows effect.

Last but not least, I have deleted B26 on all computers and install version B25.02 with Airac 1209.
I start my system new!

Bat1+2 On/Apu Master ON/Apu Start ON/ Apu Bleed On/ADR1+2 ON/ IR1+2 to Nav/MCDU Init Page From/To insert EDDS/EDDN / push return/ push Align Irs/ and!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the ND appears the previously entered route. B25.02 version works without problems.
I think maybe the B26 version is the problem?
I dont know why!

So I can fly, I use at the moment version B25.02 and hope you find the problem.

greetings Micha

jeehell
09-21-2012, 03:04 PM
This is strange...
I will try to change a few things for next version, hopefully it'll work better on your system. Just so you know, several people use 3 or more computers without problems, so I really cannot say where it comes from...

JL

Leonidas
09-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Hi JL,

Pc1/Dual Core 3GHz/WinXP 32Bit/FMGS_SERVER/HardwareConnect/WideFMGSServer/Sound/Sioc/FS9
Pc2/Dual Core 3GHz/WinXP 32Bit/OVHD/FCU/FO-EFIS
Pc3/Dual Core 2,7GHz/WinXP 32Bit/MCDU/FO-MCDU/EWD/SD/STBY
Pc4/i5 Quad Core 3GHz/Win7 64Bit/CPT-PFD/CPT-ND/FO-PFD/FO-ND

greetings Micha

I think you should use i5 Quad Core PC for FS and FMGS Server

Airmichel
09-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi JL,

thank you that you look for my problem. I don't understand why this does not work only on my system. The last Version working all fine.

Leonidas
I need a new motherboard for the i5 PC. The current motherboard has only one slot for a graphic card, but i need two slots on the main system. Four monitors for the outside view. I chance this next time.

Many greetings to you all

AirFan
09-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Hi JL,

here two issues I noticed lately.
1. LATERAL NAV -> take a look a that approach at LIEO. It should look like the red mark :).
2. Take a look at this MCDU screenshot ... I have no clue how I managed that but it seems to be veeery cold :)69886989

jeehell
09-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Hi

1. procedural turns are not implemented yet. I still need to figure out how to add the missing leg types from the database.
2. you probably mistyped the FL... also, only FL entries allowed here, or you might get this kind of troubles.

JL

AirFan
09-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Hi JL,

I just uploaded a short video demonstrating some features of your great software + my current project ... You might wanna take a look.

Here is the link:

Airbus A320 takeoff and landing at EDDM | Jeehell FMGS | home cockpit | simulator | FSX - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TZIM2i2xy8)

Thanks for this awesome software!

Cheers,
Rob

stefangr
09-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Hi Rob,

great vid! Looks like real life :-) I have sent you a private message as I am interested in your configuration - I have started building now as well.

Best regards
Stefan

Leonidas
09-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Excellent job Rob!
JL
Looking at the Rob's video I realise that to my system when i give an order in any way, I must wait 1-2 seconds before I can see it taking place. e.g. When I choose new altitude in FCU, when I push the thrust levers, when I pull the V/S knob in FCU, when I push a button in MCDU, everything delays for 1 or 2 seconds. I don't think it is a PC performance issue. What could it be?

jeehell
09-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Hmm I guess all your hardware is plugged in one of your remote computers, not the server one?
I will rework the networking again, too many problems for most people...

JL

AirFan
09-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Hi guys,

@ JL and Leo... I had similar effects when I connected the hardware to a client. It works much better when all the hardware is connected to the server. In that config I never had any lagging issues. Why not connecting all hardware to the server? I didnt notice any significant performance loss in FSX.

@ Stefan... Thanks for the compliments... but also thank JL for the nice work :) I will reply to your PM soon. Tomorrow I'll go on holiday and there are many things to do.

Cheers,
Rob

Leonidas
09-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Hmm I guess all your hardware is plugged in one of your remote computers, not the server one?
I will rework the networking again, too many problems for most people...
JL

All my hardware is connected to server. The 3 other PCs are just for the 3 monitors x 2 avionics each = 6 avionics

jeehell
09-27-2012, 02:35 PM
In that case it is weird. What hardware do you use?
Can you post a screen print of the hardware modules folder?

JL

Leonidas
09-28-2012, 03:00 AM
In that case it is weird. What hardware do you use?
Can you post a screen print of the hardware modules folder?
JL

FDS I/O card
CPFlight FCU
FSCockpit thrust levers

jeehell
09-28-2012, 05:46 AM
Ok you have a lot of interfaces in there. Can you try the following:
- use on hardware interface only at the same time. Do that for each, and see if it lags or not. (you can just rename the DLL files and change the extension to something like dll2... only the dll used hy hardware connect: cpflightmodule.dll, fscockpit_JH.dll, fsuipcmodule.dll, jeehellIIT.dll)
- if each dll works correctly separately, start adding several dlls at the same time and see what happens.
- do you actually need the FSUIPCmodule.dll? this one is only required when you access FSUIPC variables directly?

Best regards,
JL

Leonidas
09-28-2012, 06:35 AM
- do you actually need the FSUIPCmodule.dll? this one is only required when you access FSUIPC variables directly?
Best regards,
JL

I'll try it and say. I don't use FSUIPC directry. I should haven't choose it during FMGS installation. Should I?

jeehell
09-28-2012, 06:45 AM
If you don't use it directly and your hardware modules don't either (which they shouldn't if linked to hardware modules software), then you don't need it. You can simply delete the fsuipcmodule.dll (or rename it without dll extension to be sure at first).

JL

Leonidas
09-28-2012, 06:46 AM
What are FTD2XX_NET.dll and interfaceITAPI.dll for?

jeehell
09-28-2012, 07:10 AM
InterfaceIT.dll is used by JeehellIIT.dll to communicate with FDS board. It is not loaded by hardwareconnect.
FTD2XX_NET.dll is probably used by fscockpit.dll to communicate with fscockpit hardware. It is not loaded by hardwareconnect either.

chris68
09-28-2012, 07:16 AM
Hello Guy's
yesterday i made some flights and i have still the same problem as i mentioned before once that the
speeds falling under the critical speed that the AP is switching off. This happens from almost every flight in the landing phase. My targetspeed will not kept very accurate (+/-20) when the gap to this speed is very small.
Beside of the engine acceleration: what flightmodel you are using. I tried the iFDG A320 model and Project A320 in FS2004. May be there is further configuration necessary.

Thanks a lot

Leonidas
09-28-2012, 07:19 AM
InterfaceIT.dll is used by JeehellIIT.dll to communicate with FDS board. It is not loaded by hardwareconnect.
FTD2XX_NET.dll is probably used by fscockpit.dll to communicate with fscockpit hardware. It is not loaded by hardwareconnect either.

You mean InterfaceITAPI.dll
Thanks JL

Leonidas
09-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Ok you have a lot of interfaces in there. Can you try the following:
- use one hardware interface only at the same time. Do that for each, and see if it lags or not.
JL

It lags for every interface. It lags even when I remove all interfaces (by clicking a button on software MCDU, you can see a 2 or 3 seconds delay!). The most annoying are from thrust levers and especially FCU.

jeehell
09-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Hmm in that case the most probable case is widefmgsserver or widefmgs clients introducing system lag.
I want to rework that part, but it may take some time ...

JL

jeehell
09-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Hi all,

apparently the thread was accidentally closed down (probably an error from myself ...) sorry for that, it's back online fro errors, bugs etc...

JL

stefangr
09-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi JL,

from time to time I keep getting "Access violation" errors, mostly from OVHD, today as well from ND which caused the ND to shut down. Do you need any more details or logs or this is a "user error"? :-)

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
09-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Hi Stefan,

I hunt these errors regularly, but most of them are tricky. Next version will already have some of them corrected (not all...).

JL

stefangr
09-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Great, good news. If you need any help hunting them (e.g. if I could send a log file or anything like that), please let me know.

Stefan

chris68
10-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Hallo JL,
How can i save an situation of an flight for reconstructing. The flight himself i can save in the FS2004. I could store all FSUIPC variables and rered them. Do you thing that could work? I dont like to start always from the ground by using the stored flightplan.
Chris

jeehell
10-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Hello Chris,

this is currently not possible, as all internal variables of the FMGS and various systems are currently not stored. It is NOT an easy feature, though it is planned for the not too far future.

Regards,
JL

PushingTin
10-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Hallo everybody,

I have got a serious problem here. When starting a flight I got a FSX freeze when about 30-45 min.
into the flight.
My FSX PC is as follows :
Intel Core I7-875k with 3,6 GHz.
HD 6970 Graphics Card with 2048MB GDDR5
I run two Beamers via a Matrox Card.
On this PC I have FSUIPCConnect, FMGS Server, FMGS WideServer, HardwareConnect, AP/ATHR and
SIOC Running.
The only successful flight was from CGN-FRA ... duration 30 min. :-(
Maybe its too much for the system ? I dont know if its FSX or maybe the number of extra
programs running ....

Help or any ideas are really appreciated ..

Armin

jeehell
10-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Hi Armin,

I am pretty sure your computer is sufficient. I myself use a core I7 860 @ 2.8GHz.
If FSX crashes, it may be because of other reasons than the FMGS:
-Scenery addon
-weather addon such as ASE
-Recently, one user ran into problems with the unofficial SP3, which causes crashes of FSX.
-maybe you pushed the video settings of FSX too far which can cause memory overusage leading to a crash.
-FSX installation got somehow corrupt

I suggest you reinstall FSX, with no addons, only the service packs and FSUIPC at first, and check if you can complete a flight.

Cheers,
JL

chris68
10-11-2012, 06:25 AM
Hallo JL,
when i insert a stored Route in the INIT Page of the MCDU i got always an FMGS_Server.exe crash or in other cases and MCDU error Message and the MCDU dont accept no further inputs.
i have stored 3 valid pilots routes that i flew before. This error is always r (http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/reproducible.html)eproductible.

jeehell
10-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Hi,

If you stored the CORTE with an older version of the FMGS, they probably are no longer compatible, and you have to delete them and create them again.

cheers,
JL

Leonidas
10-11-2012, 11:09 AM
If you stored the CORTE with an older version of the FMGS, they probably are no longer compatible, and you have to delete them and create them again.
JL

Could this happen in the future versions too? I'm asking because I've done many flight plans...

jeehell
10-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Yes this can happen. B27 should be OK if I remember corectly. I will try to make conversions of the FPLN, but I plan to redesign the FPLN format soon, to implement the complete ARINC424 legs specifications, and then it won't be possible to convert the older versions.

Cheers
JL

chris68
10-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Hi,

cheers,
JL

i was stored with the same Version 26. i never use any other Version. It's happens only if i use the 2nd and 3th. route. The 1st works always.
I could send you my stored routes to find out the reason.
Nice evening,
Chris

jeehell
10-11-2012, 05:08 PM
H again Chris,
I sent you a PM.

Regards,
JL

Leonidas
10-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Hi
What did you do JL? After last online update, lag has disappeared. Excellent job!
1. But I can't save now, because when I press PILOT ROUTES the MCDU and the FCU freezes.
2. After pressing the brakes once with auto brakes on, they don't release. I think they should do.
3. Please at the next release let all these overhead panel buttons on in the beginning. I count 25 off buttons... All these must be pressed every time before a single flight. I think it's easy for you. We use mouse not on the desk, but in a flight deck environment. It's not easy...
Regards

jeehell
10-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Hi,

Well this is weird, the very last update was just about hardwareconenct bug, but not at linked with the lag issues you could experiment??
Maybe you had skipped inadvertently one older update? How many files did the updater download? only a couple or the whole package again??

Cheers,
JL

Leonidas
10-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Hi,

Well this is weird, the very last update was just about hardwareconenct bug, but not at linked with the lag issues you could experiment??
Maybe you had skipped inadvertently one older update? How many files did the updater download? only a couple or the whole package again??

Cheers,
JL

I did not count them but the whole process was very fast, so propably was only a couple

jeehell
10-18-2012, 12:04 PM
well strange. Anyway, enjoy ;-)

JL

Leonidas
10-18-2012, 01:19 PM
well strange. Anyway, enjoy ;-)
JL

I will enjoy it more if you take into account my 3th sentence of #116 post :p
Thanks for all

Fritz
10-18-2012, 05:02 PM
I will enjoy it more if you take into account my 3th sentence of #116 post :p
Thanks for all

...but this is a normal procedure when you start cold and dark.

Airbus A320 - From Cold and Dark to Ready for Taxiing - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEaR0FeRGmg)

Leonidas
10-19-2012, 02:02 AM
...but this is a normal procedure when you start cold and dark.
Airbus A320 - From Cold and Dark to Ready for Taxiing - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEaR0FeRGmg)

Of cource is normal, but they push buttons. The most of us click mouse buttons. Besides how many flights every day begin from cold and dark? I think a 5 or 10%...

AirFan
10-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Hi JL,

again some issues:

1. WPTs shown on ND still refere to AC position ..> so when in plan mode no WPTs are shown when area of interest is further away from AC
2. some changes in WPTs constains (spd, alt) are not updated/shown in F-PLN page after they have been changed
3. after I selected a SID and I would like to change to a different SID afterwards, however the first loaded SID remains, I cant change it
4. I have a saved route from EDDM 2 EDDM. When I load it the ILS dots + the magenta square for LOC and GS wont show up on the PFD. This issue only happens when I load the saved route.
5. I might mentioned before... when I now turn the brightness for PFD I only create a small long "dark" black bar where the LOC dots on the PFD should be. It only affects this small bar. the rest of the PFD remains visible and doesnt change its brightness.
6. Sounds/callouts: some improvement ideas: - a sort of volume control would be nice. In addition I noticed that the last callout is not played if there is still another callout playing. i.e. sometimes you dont hear the retard. How is the priority of callouts defined in the real aircraft?
7. maybe you can delay the "LVR assy" message on PFD by 1 sec... that would enable the users to pull back the LVRs from FLEX to CLB without seeing the message for some milliseconds.
8. what comes with b27?
9. So far I have not used the online updater. Is there meanwhile a new sub b26 available or did I misunderstand something? where do I see if an new update is available?

As I just read the lines about the initial state of the AC. I agree a state saving option would be really helpful. however, the best initial push button state when you load the AC is really user dependent.

JL, thanks!!!

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
10-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Hi all,

As Rob says, the best initial pushbutton state is user dependent...
I will try someday to add a facility so get different panel state, but it is not high priority.

On another note, I have just finished B27, it is online here:
http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B27.exe
Check the new forum thread for more info.

Regards,
JL

jeehell
10-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Rob,

I will take all those issues into consideration.
4. you need to manually select the ILS in that case.
5. should be corrected in B27
9. the updater checks for new version every times it is loaded. Try it now, it will download the B27...

Cheers,
JL
(closing this thread, please continue the discussion in the B27 thread).