PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Gables NAV/COMM, B727

lasseh
09-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Hello

I've been looking for a Gables NAV/COMM radio to fit into my 727 radio bay ever since I aquired this one last year.

However it seems as this particular radio model is not that easy to find. I thought i finally managed to dig one up, but when it arrived today I realized that it was not the same model after all! It was to short (1 dzus lenght shorter i think) - maybe designed for the shorter 737 radio bay?

Anyways, if any one of you out there have one of these - or can point me in a direction where I might find one - please let me know!

Thanks. :)
Lasse

Brodhaq
09-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Few days ago I saw some gabels stuff (but different from your) on ebay, try checking there every few days...

Pavel

Avro748
09-06-2013, 12:42 AM
Try the the Airline Pilots Historical Society, they always have pretty good deals. If you can't find what you're looking for, you can always email them.

lasseh
09-07-2013, 05:14 AM
Yeps, I'll continue looking on ebay every once in a while (pretty much daily)! ;) Just send a mail to APHS - crossing my fingers that they'll have one around.

It turned out to be a pretty easy job to interface these real radios to fs, as Pavel allso shows us in one of his videos. And way cheaper than buying replicas from ellswhere! :)

Lasse