PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Encoder

skipunk
10-06-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm running with OpenCockpit cards. I decided to purchase rotary encoders via DigiKey because paying $40 for shipping overseas vs $3 state side didn't seem logical. OpenCockpit listed their encoder PN as: 288VCC0F161B2. I picked up from DigiKey 288T232R161A2. I didn't need the push button or specifics on shaft length or the sort. Before I jump in to why This thing isn't working with SIOC programming (and my dumb mistake not backing up my working code which is now broken). Will this encoder I purchased work with the MasterCard directly connected?

Thanks,
Steve

Perik
10-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Hi Steve

Should work great!!!
The important numbers are (highlighted) : 288T232R161A2.
For coding look here: How to program in SIOC, many basic examples (http://www.lekseecon.nl/howto.html#rotaryencode)

skipunk
10-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Hi Perik,

Awesome. I stopped last night after pulling my hair out for hours and left everything as is. This morning before taking off to work I tested the code again without changing anything and it worked fine. Ah the life of technology, keep trying the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Oh wait that's the definition to insanity. LOL. At least I know the encoder works so I can order a bunch more.

Thanks,
Steve

Perik
10-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Hi Steve

A good night sleep is the solution for many things -
even in areas like this....

May the Force be with you....:-)