PDA

View Full Version : FSX Radio Stack

ridgeandgable
01-29-2015, 06:14 PM
Hi guys

Going to attempt to build my own Radio stack without the 7 segment display as I have no idea how to do this yet but, I have a game controller pcb with X Axis and Y Axis (Up / Down & Left & Right) available

I have some old potentiometers available to use, are these the correct ones or do I need rotary encoders for the Com1 Whole Freq Up / Down etc?

Buddym
01-29-2015, 09:20 PM
Greetings!

While it might be possible to use a pot to adjust frequencies if you had the analog pins on an Arduino, I don't see how you could use them otherwise. A rotary encoder will do nicely, but again you will need some sort of controller to interface them. I highly endorse the Arduino, as well as Leo Bodnar's boards. If you want to roll your own interface board, Google the MJoy boards. I have built several MJoy boards and they work very well.

Cost vs. functionality wise, it's hard to beat the Arduino when you team it up with Link2FS (free software). For very little money you can build some really great stuff. An added bonus is the support you can get here on this site.