PDA

View Full Version : Throttle box interface

farabibinhai
03-29-2015, 04:28 PM
Hi there, I need some help and guidance. I am currently doing a project at university that requires me to build a throttle box interface for a cirrus aircraft. We are building a simulator. Different students got different parts to build. So we have the bare throttle box of a cirrus. Now i am to build a throttle box interface to connect that barebone throttle box of the cirrus. We are going to run the simulation on Xplane. Now i am super stuck as i need to write a report aswell.. I tried looking for info on how to build a throttle box interface and got nowhere. please i beg anyone to come forward and guide me thru this
Thanks
Regards
Farabi Bin Hai

Avro748
03-29-2015, 09:29 PM
You need an interface card. I would recommend (For the Levers) an OpenCockpits USB Axes Card. I have one. It's compact, simple to work with, and will do exactly what you need.

farabibinhai
03-30-2015, 06:22 AM
You need an interface card. I would recommend (For the Levers) an OpenCockpits USB Axes Card. I have one. It's compact, simple to work with, and will do exactly what you need.
Thanks for the advice sir. Ok i will research on it..so basically i but this card.connect all the parts on the throttle on this card then program it accoring to the throttle parameters am i right sir?

farabibinhai
03-30-2015, 08:22 AM
here is a pic of the throttle box10080

Avro748
03-30-2015, 08:07 PM
Oh wow! You have made some impressive progress with that. Yeah, just follow the instructions provided with the Axes Card, it should be pretty straightforward.