PDA

View Full Version : new cockpit build

allflight57
04-21-2015, 04:01 AM
Hi everyone,

I am going to attempt my first cockpit build and would like to start fairly simple. The two attached pictures I found online and those are almost identical to the set up I would like to have (for now).

I want to stretch a 2d panel across two monitors and use a 40ish inch flatscreen TV mounted above it for my front outside view. I have read a lot of controversy over 2D panels and multi monitors and quite frankly, I am overwhelmed. I just want to make sure I get this cleared up before spending a bunch of money.

Current Specs:
30 FPS PMDG, ASN, add on airports etc.
i7 overclocked to 4.6Ghz
8GB RAM
GeForce 200 series (old graphics card)

I understand this graphics card I'm using is pretty out dated, so I was considering getting a new one solely for the purpose of this cockpit I am trying to build. Assuming I get something like a GeForce 900 series card with a triplehead2go would that be powerful enough to keep my frames around 30fps like usual or am I going to get a significant performance loss with the set up I am trying to do? Does anyone have any suggestions for going about this? I have done a bunch of reading but can't quite firgure out if my proposition will work.

Thank you!
Tyler