PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone, Definately new to the site been working on Cockpits for a while.

mikenewell
09-08-2015, 01:39 AM
HI,

I am not new to building and am actually on my 3rd build project. I started with a single seat fighter cockpit running FS98. Had a lot of fun with that until I got hooked on commercial jetliners. Then a built a hybrid Bookshelf/ cockpit into a spare bedroom. My latest project is a stand alone. I built an 8'x8' box and created a cockpit inside of the box. The original intent was for it to be eazily disassembled and modular but I think I missed the mark because I have no desire to have to take this apart any time soon.

My sim is loosely based on Boeing aircraft but I also intentionally did not overcommit too much to any single aircraft as I truly enjoy being able to leverage all the different Aircraft FSX is capable of supporting from General Aviation to Heavy Commercial Jetliners. I have wanted to join a builders forum for a while but have always considered myself too much of a novice and did not want to embarrass myself. I am not formally trained in anything just a huge fan of the hobby and would like to participate at a different level.

mikenewell
09-08-2015, 01:48 AM
That is funny it says I joined in 2009. It took me 6 years to build up the nerve to post anything of mine....