PDA

View Full Version : Not connected to FMGS Server

fuerteventura
09-18-2016, 05:06 PM
I'm trying to run the software on the same laptop as P3D (I will bring in a desktop PC to take some of the load off in a couple of weeks).
For now I want to test the software with P3D.
When I open up A320FMGS, several windows open (all the different panels etc) but I notice several of the windows state "Not connected to FMGS Server". My laptop almost grinds to a halt and after a couple of minutes, I start get messages like FO_MCDU.exe has stopped working and MCDU.exe has stopped working. One by one all the different parts of the app crash and it's impossible to get to a state where I can test the software.

Is there any pointers you can help me out with? I wonder if I configured something wrong?
Perhaps my laptop is not powerful enough, though it's relatively new.

Below is my system spec:

Windows 10 Home

Manufacturer: ACER
Model: Aspire E5-552G
Processor: AMD FX-8800P Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C +8G 2.10Ghz
Installed Memory (RAM) 8GB (7.46GB Usable)
System Type: 64 Bit Operating System,x64-based processor

Many thanks for your time,

Mark

fuerteventura
09-18-2016, 05:32 PM
I haven't configured the joysticks yet - perhaps that is the problem - I will check if it is and report back.

While I am doing that, is the VRInsight FCU compatible with your software and P3D? Maybe it needs some configuration using Linda? I also ask this question here:
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30849
Regards,

Mark

Hypnorm
09-18-2016, 09:43 PM
I think you are correct in that the server wont run unless the joysticks are configured. I think the configuration process creates a joystick config file that the server looks for on startup.

I also seem to remember that you can "configure" the joysticks even if there are none connected. The config file is created and the server will run after that.

I think that's right, but willing to be corrected by someone who knows more than me :)

H

asessa
09-19-2016, 06:55 AM
Did you start the JH Suite with "run as administrator" rights?

fuerteventura
09-19-2016, 08:08 AM
Did you start the JH Suite with "run as administrator" rights?
Yes-it doesn't allow you to start without admin rights I think.

asessa
09-19-2016, 08:13 AM
Yes-it doesn't allow you to start without admin rights I think.

It also starts without admin rights..
In any case try to switch-off antivirus program.