PDA

View Full Version : Widefs questions

spitfire9
03-25-2017, 02:19 PM
I'm running FSX on a new windows 7 computer with Instructor station and widefs on a second older winXP computer.

I was wondering if the "SIM Board Universal" program using WideFS on the XP computer would run the old Flight Deck Technology boards to work with FSX on the win7 computer ?

Also would WideFs work with Fs2phidgets also running the Fs2phidgets program on the XP computer ?

Thanks .

spitfire9
03-28-2017, 02:29 AM
I got the Fs2phidgets running from the xp computer to the Fsx wide server on the new computer with Widefs . Works great . Was having trouble getting the fs2phidgets to run the led board on the windows7 computer .

I googled the "SIM board universal program and Widefs " . On an old forum somewhere , one guy said he ran one of his computers with the flight deck technology boards ( sim board universal) on a separate computer with Widefs .
I can't seem to get it to work though . Says Widefs is connected but none of the switch commands are going through ?
Has anyone tried this ?
Would solve the problem of no new drivers for the FDT boards .

Thanks .

a340-th
03-28-2017, 11:24 PM
As far as the Simboards are concerned I think the problem is Windows 7. If I remember correctly, the driver does not work with Win 7. Thats why I am running mine on an old XP machine, linked by Wideclient to my P3D server running on Win 10. I am actually still using the old serial version of Simboards, could never really make friends with the USB version.

spitfire9
03-29-2017, 12:02 PM
Then I should be able to run my Simboards on the old XP machine with Wideclient . Linked to FSX with wideserver on the Windows 7 machine .
when I try to run it though ,,, the wideserver on FSX says 1client connected but the commands/key presses are not getting through or working in FSX ???

I.E. When I test a switch in the cockpit , the green light comes on in the Simboards program , so everything is working on the XP machine . Wideclient is working with phidgets and instructor station .

I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong ?? Is there something I'm missing ?

Thanks for your reply a340-th .