PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER UK NEWBIE

hktc1
03-11-2018, 02:34 PM
Hi all. Name is Terry. Never built anything like a cockpit before. So will be begging for ideas and help soon!! Been flying sims for years!! Went solo in a Beagle Pup years ago. You know the old story Family came along, bought a house etc, ran out of money!! Did a couple of Gliding holiday courses. Would love to build a Cessna 152 cockpit. Big jets are too complicated for me, although fly them in FSX. Have the Cessna Saitek Yoke, Peddles and Quadrant. Already looking at dimensions for Instrument panels etc, but will be gong slow!! Ideas and advice will be greatly appreciated.
Terry

Geremy Britton
04-07-2018, 05:12 AM
Hi Terry, Welcome to the forum, hopefully you will find everything you need here - and if you don't, Ask!
You should be able to find a variety of items to help with the Cessna build and I know many here are building the same,

cmdr114b
04-07-2018, 10:55 AM
Welcome Terry, we are almost neighbors!! what cockpit are you thinking of building?
John

cmdr114b
04-08-2018, 01:14 AM
Sorry Terry, I should have read your message more clearly.
Cessna parts are quiet easy to come by, I have a contact that has a lot of knowledge and could probably source bits you might need. Let me know what you are looking for.
John

No Longer Active
04-08-2018, 12:41 PM
I used to design and sell a Cessna 152 'inspired' main instrument panel that was milled from 12mm mdf, with the idea that you place a 19" monitor behind the gauge cuts outs and it looked really effective. This was many years ago, I 'may' be able to get these panels CNC'ed again if there is enough interest. Alex