PDA

View Full Version : New to forum

craiso
08-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Hello all.

My name is Christopher Raison. I have been building an A-6 Intruder pit for some time. I would share some pic but I had a HD crash. I am actually looking for the LPTswitch Reload V2. If anyone has it let me know. I look forward to exchanging ideas with all of you.

Many thanx, Christopher

Westozy
08-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Hi Craig, I think I have that file on my other PC, I'll get back to you.

I have a fully functional and unused LPT switch that I made some time ago. You or anyone else is welcome to have it for the price of postage.

(LPT Switch = 40 port matrix scanner for the printer port).

Regards,

Gwyn

craiso
08-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Gywn,

Thank you for your response. If you can find the files email to craiso@msn.com. Is it the Reload V2?

Christopher

Westozy
08-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Sorry mate, I only have version 1.3. but found it at Avsim - emailed!

Gwyn

craiso
08-13-2007, 07:12 AM
Gwyn,
I could use 1.3 untill I find the working reload.

Christopher

Westozy
08-13-2007, 07:37 AM
Hi Craig,

I'll email 1.3 soon, (sim PC is not net PC).

I've got to ask, why are you using LPT switch? Matrix scanners can have many issues.

Gwyn

craiso
08-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Gywn,

Too poor buy an epic or something like that. I have been looking at some different ways of doing things, but can't make up my mind yet. I am not building an airliner, so things get complicated trying to simulate 1950's military gear. People always ask the same question, "why would you want to do it that way?". I say "because that's the way it is supposed to be." I am getting tired of reverse engineering joysticks and pads to get things to work. Any suggestions?

Westozy
08-14-2007, 06:39 PM
I can't really suggest anything other than what I did which was to give up on the hacked joysticks and buy FDT simboards. The change was a quantum leap and they are so easy to use being just click to assign. I think the interface is an important part of a cockpit sim and shouldn't really be compromised. If you can swing it, it's very much worth the spend. I built my LPT switch and then Sim-Boards popped up before I had fitted it.

Regards, Gwyn

Michael Carter
08-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Gywn,

Too poor buy an epic or something like that. I have been looking at some different ways of doing things, but can't make up my mind yet. I am not building an airliner, so things get complicated trying to simulate 1950's military gear. People always ask the same question, "why would you want to do it that way?". I say "because that's the way it is supposed to be." I am getting tired of reverse engineering joysticks and pads to get things to work. Any suggestions?

I'm used to hearing that too.

But a joystick can succesfully be hacked with a minimal amount of effort, including programming and wiring.

When I wired up my Boeing yoke on a CH card, I didn't chang a thing. Just a recalibration for the roll and pitch axis in FSUIPC.

craiso
08-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Greetings all,

Does anyone have the original LPTSwitch zip file. I have the application file, but there is an I/O set of files that goes along with.

Thanx, Christopher