Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Programmer

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Need help wiring 737 MIP

Just a quick note here. Anybody likes to evaluate the option of using ProSim737 with their hardware is perfectly welcome to request a free trial license. Just mail us and you'll get a free license that work for an extended duration.

Evaluation of software is important for cockpit builders, since there is such a broad range of hardware and it's hard to tell from a list of supported hardware if you actually want to continue with a certain product.

Regards,

Marty (ProSim737)

Quote Originally Posted by metamarty View Post
    Just a quick note here. Anybody likes to evaluate the option of using ProSim737 with their hardware is perfectly welcome to request a free trial license. Just mail us and you'll get a free license that work for an extended duration.........

Regards,

Marty (ProSim737)
    Hi,
    I am very slow at evaluating software, can I have an extended license for 10 years to see if I like it or not?

Allan.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Hi,

Thanks Marty for your offer, will send you PM. Does anybody know of a board similar to CP Flight 737MIP, that does not have to be connected to a MCP. In other words a board for MIP that has terminals to wire all switches and led's and even drive Flap servo that connects via USB. Now that would be a great Idea. How simple live would be.

Brendan

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Hi
    Just a update that I have been trying Prosim737 software and must say it is the best thing to happen to flight sim in years.
    It is so easy to use, setup and connect switches, rotary's etc with pokey's. All I have to do now is pay for it as my trial period is up
    Thanks Bernie for your advice.
    Brendan

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Brendan,

Yes, it is so simple using the Pokeys Card. Just be careful that when you update the Prosim737 software at any time, you don't accidently delete the configuration file in the folder as this contains all the info for the pin allocations of your Pokeys Cards. It pays to make a backup of this file.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

150+ Forum Groupie

Let me jump in here as a seasoned builder and give a bit of advice: Use FDS sys cards for all your switches and annunciators. They are worth MANY times more than the small difference in price, just because they are extremely simple to use!

I understand the "on a budget" thing, but some items is worth the extra investment. Especially the items you are going to use a lot!

The reason I am pushing FDS SYS all the time is based on the following:
    - extremely easy to connect. You only need to pay attention to the dual brightness annunciators in the overhead; they need to be wired to a specific output group. All the other annunciators can be connected without any considerations to what goes where. The switches need no attention at all.
    - Extremely simple to configure. Activate "locate input" mode and flick a switch. The software automatically jumps to the correct input for you. The outputs works the opposite way: activate output 1, and the connected annunciator lights up so you can see what it is.
    - Configuration files for nearly all functions is available for download. You download the XML files, then assign a XML file to the in- or output you want to configure. All the functions are then applied automagically.
    - No need for any scripting, editing config files and so on.
    - Works on just USB, preferably via an USB hub.

The same idea should be used on the items you are going to use a lot. The MCP, EFIS and FMC will be used a LOT, therefore they should be of the very best quality. Not only because they look good, but because the more expensive units are built more sturdy. Hopefully, they are going to last for many, many years...

PS: The only drawback with FDS SYS cards: They do not accept any encoders or have any servo control. I use open cockpits cards for a few functions until I find an alternative.

As for software: I see that Brendan got the Prosim software. For a home cockpit, external software is the best way to go. You are eventually going to want total control, and that will never happen with any add ons to FS.

The total cost of a single item, such as software or interface cards, will be insignificant in the long run anyway. I spent more on the overhead gauges than on the FDS SYS cards. I could've gotten two MIP's for the total cost of my overhead panels.
    But as long as I can continue using my sim while I constantly refine it and add parts - I am happy! After all - it's a hobby. And any hobby is a marathon, not a sprint. But it's easy to lose sight of that fact...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12